Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Rotten Dead Pool

Anyone got a perfect 10 on this?

Anyone got a perfect 10 on this?

Rotten Ali has come as close as anyone, snagging a nine, which is where his nickname comes from.

I have a nice 5/10 at the moment on mine, which was started in mid December:

Bob Benmosche

Daisy Berkowitz

Little Jimmy Dickens

Jean Dore

Barys Kit

Luise Rainer

Robert Schuller

Stuart Scott

Sam Simon

Percy Sledge

Kinda wish I swapped Berkowitz for someone like Francis George when I had the chance though, since Daisy seems in good enough shape at the moment.

Like Ali, I too wish you well, especially with the two survivors on your team who also appear on mine!

I've tried offering suggestions, as invited, but to no avail.

It seems like the siterunners have stopped adding names to newest additions sections on there the last year and half or so. I used email them a name once every other month and they did add some of my suggestions(Lupita Tovar,Chespirito,Li Na,Eddy Merckx,Chuck Wepner) in years past.

Thanks Ali and mary. Yeah, Jean Dore seems a guarantee to go this year, Sledge and Schuller are my two surviving current DDP/RDP mutuals so I naturally have high hopes for them, and Barys Kit must be a fair shake since he's about to hit 105.

One name I was kinda gutted I couldn't find in the database was Sultan Qaboos of Oman, I prefer not to bother the siterunners with adding new names but I thought surely a world leader for the past 45 years would be a lock to appear in it.

Bing bang wooolop. 4 out of ten in seven weeks.

Daevid Allen :skull: 13.03.2015

Danielle Darrieux

Olivia de Havilland

Manoel de Oliveira :skull: 02.04.2015

Maureen O'Hara

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Leslie Phillips

David Rockefeller

Sam Simon :skull: 08.03.2015

Lupita Tovar

Third hit within 4 weeks. Not that bad.

• Like 1

So today, I've submitted a team as well... I understand, I can change names within the first month?

So far, it looks like this:

Prince Mikasa

B. B. King - dead

Jean Doré - dead

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Francis Cardinal George - dead

Daniel Buechlein

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Oliver Sacks - dead

Percy Sledge - dead

Billy Graham

There are indeed a couple of names I would have liked to choose but which weren't available. It's obviously an America-centric database. On the other hand, the terminal disease celebrities are missing, which I like.

Edit: Replaced Mary Tyler Moore with Comical Ali

Edit: Replaced Larry Kramer with Daniel Buechlein

Edit: Replaced Robert Bennett with B. B. King - a shameless change, but I'm in it to win it. However, it also feels like a huge risk to replace someone with pancreatic cancer

Edit: Replaced Comical Ali with the King of Thailand.

• Like 1

Hey, two hits in the first week! But there are probably still one or two people I'd like to replace with even safer guesses.

• Like 1

Jean Dore puts me at 8/10 though Berkowitz's continued rude health has me doubtful regarding a potential perfect 10. Barys Kit remains a decent prospect though, he's not getting any younger.

This team also gets to 8/10 from Dore and I think they have the better likelihood of getting a perfect score since Sacks has months to live and Lupita Tovar is almost as old as Kit

I submitted a team on 26/6 but probably will edit it in the next week. Annoyingly they don`t have Phyllis Tickle ,Howard Marks, Holly Woodlawn ,Brian Sewell or Martin Crowe which is frustrating as I don`t reckon any of those will make it to January let alone June.

1)Bhumibol Adulyadej

2)Glen Campbell

3)Zsa Zsa Gabor

4)Billy Graham

5)Helmut Kohl

6)Steve LaTourette

7)Bernie Madoff

8)Oliver Sacks

9)Ian Brady

10)Lynne Stewart

I reckon I will get about 5.

I submitted a team on 26/6 but probably will edit it in the next week. Annoyingly they don`t have Phyllis Tickle ,Howard Marks, Holly Woodlawn ,Brian Sewell or Martin Crowe which is frustrating as I don`t reckon any of those will make it to January let alone June.

1)Bhumibol Adulyadej

2)Glen Campbell

3)Zsa Zsa Gabor

4)Billy Graham

5)Helmut Kohl

6)Steve LaTourette

7)Bernie Madoff

8)Oliver Sacks

9)Ian Brady

10)Lynne Stewart

I reckon I will get about 5.

If you do well, I might too. My line up, submitted in January:

Bhumibol Adulyadej

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Billy Graham

Sam Simon - DEAD

Barys Kit

Deryk Whibley

Glen Campbell

Kirk Douglas

Ruth Channing

Rob Ford

http://stoogesplayers.blogspot.com/2013/09/player-bio-ruth-channing.html

According to this Ruth Channing has been dead since 1992

Hmmm

Several searches of Massachusetts death records and other sources, including under the surname of Robertson, which Channing said she died under, have provided no results. The exact date of her death is not known.

She was an eligible pick according to RDP rules in January. Wonder what they'd do if she were subsequently discovered to have been dead all those years?

Oh aye, and...

Ruth Channing's live RDP status, she was showing TBD in the death column a few seconds back:

http://www.nndb.com/people/377/000349327/

and the RDP rule regarding the situation says it's down to players to ensure their picks are alive at the time of starting a game. Looks like my maximum this year might be nine, then.

Got my first hit with Louis Stokes!Here is my final list

1 Bhumibol Adulyadej

2 Zsa Zsa Gabor

3 Billy Graham

4 Helmut Kohl

5 Steven LaTourette

6 Leslie Phillips

7 Daisy Berkowitz

8 Oliver Sacks

9 Lynne Stewart

10 Louis B. Stokes

*ends 26/6/16

I am feeling very confident that I will get La Tourette and Sacks and fairly confident about Berkowitz Stewart and Kohl.The rest I am not sure about although if any dropped down dead tommorrow I wouldn`t be the least bit surprised.Just annoyed I entered the list too early to include Carter but hey you can`t get them all!!

I could very well see your list getting 7-8 hits but Kohl might be a death tease ala Zsa Zsa

Just submitted my rotten dead pool team

Jimmy Carter

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Charles Gordon-Lennox

Billy Graham

Jake laMotta

Harper Lee

Prince Philip

Rosalynn Carter

Nancy Reagan (replaced Louis Stokes)

Vera Lynn

Just submitted my rotten dead pool team

Jimmy Carter

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Charles Gordon-Lennox

Billy Graham

Jake laMotta

Harper Lee

Prince Philip

Rosalynn Carter

Louis B.Stokes

Vera Lynn

Since Stokes died on the 18th you won't get a proper hit for submitting him today so you should replace him with someone else or you will get a no score penalty

Sacks getting sacked puts TravoltasTwinkLover at 9 out of 10, now their potential of being the RDP's first ever clean sweep depends on whether or not Lupita Tovar succumbs to being 105 years old in the next few months.

Sacks getting sacked puts TravoltasTwinkLover at 9 out of 10, now their potential of being the RDP's first ever clean sweep depends on whether or not Lupita Tovar succumbs to being 105 years old in the next few months.

Statistically, it's a probability of around 40%, according to U.S. social security statistics. Hmm, could be the closest one ever got, except for that team that missed Norman Wisdom's death by a year - oh, and the one banking on Ariel Sharon, that must have been a frustrating wait.

Edit: Hmm, I had forgotten I had picked Oliver Sacks here. Made my decision not to choose him for Shaun's deadpool even sillier.

• Like 1

Statistically, it's a probability of around 40%, according to U.S. social security statistics. Hmm, could be the closest one ever got, except for that team that missed Norman Wisdom's death by a year - oh, and the one banking on Ariel Sharon, that must have been a frustrating wait.

Edit: Hmm, I had forgotten I had picked Oliver Sacks here. Made my decision not to choose him for Shaun's deadpool even sillier.

If it makes you feel better I chose Stokes on the Rotten Dead Pool as well as LaTourette but forgot about them when it came to my own pool.I know LaTourette isn`t dead yet but I would put money on him dying this year.

I'm not participating at this point in Rotten Dead Pool, but wanted to shout out that I am currently #1 overall in the world with 11 hits (since Jan 15) in Dougstanhopescelebritydeathpool.com. Thanks to convoluted scoring I'm 9th overall and no hope of gaining much ground.

SC

I'm not participating at this point in Rotten Dead Pool, but wanted to shout out that I am currently #1 overall in the world with 11 hits (since Jan 15) in Dougstanhopescelebritydeathpool.com. Thanks to convoluted scoring I'm 9th overall and no hope of gaining much ground.

SC

Aye, but respect even so.

I started previous RDPs on December 12th but waited till the new year for this one... None of the locks I had in my sights died in the interim, so just as well.

Current 10, subject to change:

Mother Angelica

Blowfly

Peter Esterhazy

Pat Harrington Jr

Ken Hechler

Bill Hudnut

Barys Kit

John Rigas

Abe Vigoda

Bernie Worrell

Jan 6 - Replaced Peter Sallis with Bernie Worrell