Sign in to follow this  
Estuarian Float

Survivor

I was going to start this thread a bit later this year to avert from my flop of a thread, Kelsey Grammer, but with the death of Jennifer Lyon, I've decided to write this today.

First of all, RIP Jenn Lyon. And then there are two other former contestants I know of on the DDP, and both are much more notable than Jenn.

-Rudy Boesch, 82 years old, former Navy SEAL, and recent widower. Competed on the very first season in Borneo and acquired fame through his 3rd place finish, his friendship with Richard Hatch, and his overall personality and presence.

-Ethan Zohn, 36 years old, famous in both the world of Survivor and the world of soccer. He is the winner of season three in Kenya. He's no stranger to dealing with cancer. He and his girlfriend, Jenna Morasca (Survivor 6) both lost parents to cancer.

• Like 1

-Ethan Zohn, 36 years old, famous in both the world of Survivor and the world of soccer. He is the winner of season three in Kenya. He's no stranger to dealing with cancer. He and his girlfriend, Jenna Morasca (Survivor 6) both lost parents to cancer.

Zohn's doing pretty well, considering. He's a fighter, I think he'll make it... he went from DDP joker to not even on my list. I think, however, given his charity work, his likability (one of my favourites), and the fact that he won it when the show was actually good means that he might scrape an obit.

Rudy, I don't know. I think by the time he goes most people will have forgotten him, which is too bad (another favourite, thoroughly entertaining).

I was surprised at first that 6 people chose Zohn for DDP, but then I realized, "Oh yeah..he's young"

I really liked Jenn, I'm gonna feel terrible actually to put a slash through her name.

Attention deathlisters involved in American pools...

Survivor Castaway Jessica "Sugar" Kiper reveals she attempted suicide after being voted off 2010's 'Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains'. Although she is best known for Survivor, she has been an active actress since 1999. She's appeared in 'Gilmore Girls' and a film called 'Sex and Death 101'. This year she joined the cast of 'Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew' which has already lost 2 cast members this year. (Mike Starr & Jeff Conaway)

Lol, sorry... Im sure the Brits probably think this thread is useless, but Survivor has over 300 former cast members, all if not most of which will surely qualify in US pools. And though only one has died so far, more of them are getting old, sick, and crazy.

edit: here's a sadly/kinda funny

of Sugar being attacked on her first Survivor season in '08.

Unless someone else gets cancer or some other life threatening illness I think Rudy,Sugar or Ethan would be the only likely picks in a Us based pool for a while just based on how young most past contestants are. Although with 300+ past Survivors odds are there might be another trainwreck like Sugar who's behaivor is something no one in the public has a clue of.

I was also gonna say... Is there a reality television thread? If you all wanna make one if there's not already, you could merge this.

edit again: if this thread isnt gonna get merged, how can i change the subtitle? when i made the thread, i felt like i had to come up with something clever and i dont really like the line i came up with..

[f this thread isnt gonna get merged, how can i change the subtitle?

You can't. I can, as can other Admins and Moderators. Jusk ask, here or in PM, and it will be done.

Probably.

regards,

Hein

Ok so um... if anyone wants to change the subtitle, ill give some options....

Option #1. "Their fire is dwindling" (at tribal council jeff says "fire represents life. once your fire is out, so are you")

Option #2. " Time for you to go" (what jeff usually says after he snuffs the torch)

Option #3. "The _______ has spoken" you could do a lot with that...

Ethan Zohn's cancer has returned. It's nice to see he's putting a postive spin on things: "It's localized in my lung area," Zohn, 37, says. "But it's good that it's not all over my body." I suppose he has a point, but he might have well have said "I've got lung cancer, but at least I'm not being eaten alive by a great white shark".

P.S Quote function doesn't seem to be working?

Ethan Zohn's cancer has returned. It's nice to see he's putting a postive spin on things: "It's localized in my lung area," Zohn, 37, says. "But it's good that it's not all over my body." I suppose he has a point, but he might have well have said "I've got lung cancer, but at least I'm not being eaten alive by a great white shark".

Yes it is.

Controversial opinion: Zohn will get British media coverage for his death on account of the Daily Mail website chasing US readership hits.

• Like 1

http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-one-world-kourtney-moon.html

Kourtney Moon,29 from the newest season of Survivor underwent surgery this week to have a cancerous tumor removed.The site that interview her said they are waiting further test results.

A pretty obscure pick for any kind of deathpools criteria but she is one to keep a look out for.

As starter of this thread... may I suggest we turn this into a general reality TV thread? It would be much more useful. And I've been thinking up a list of reality TV people whose time left is iffy and Im willing to share. But while it is still just Survivor, I'll mention that Ethan Zohn is having his second stem cell transplant today.

Ok.. severe weather coming my way. Im gonna get out of here. This storm is supposed to be packed with "dangerous lightning" says the TV. I already feel the rumble. I might not get much sleep tonight. :(

So I am bored and had some time to kill so I decided I would go through wikipedia and list every person from the show by season who would likely get a UK Obit if they died

(When the first season airred it really was a huge phenomonom and went from what most people at first thought would be a cheap summer burn off series to an instant water cooler hit. Something like 50 million people in the US watched the season 1 finale during the summer. No show on US tv even gets half that now. Even though I am only listing 3 people I could really see like anyone from that first season getting an Obit if they pass.

Borneo (S1)

Richard Hatch-Post show made tabloid headlines for being a tax cheat who went to prison and appeared on The Celebrity Apprentice

Rudy Boesh- Former Navy Seal who became a marginal star for a short after finishing.

Colleen Haskell-Was viewed as "Americas sweetheart "for a short time and post show got a stint in the hollywood film the animal with rob schneider before dissapearing from the spotlight.

Australia (s2)

Amber Mariano-Wife of Boston Rob . Not noteworthy on this season but her and Rob had their wedding televised on CBS and she has appeared on 4 seperate seasons of cbs shows.

Jerri Manthey-Was the first female villian of reality tv.Appeared on the show 2 more times and also appeared on The Surreal Life with actual famous people.

Colby Donaldson-Runner up who post show has had a marginal succesful acting and hosting career.Appeared in the film Red Eye

Elizabeth Hasselback-Easily the most famous person from the series.Token Republican on the talk show The View

Africa (s3)

Ethan Zohn-Winner of the season who's fight against cancer is staple of people magazine in the US and Daily Mail in the UK

Marquesas (s4)

Boston Rob-Famewhore who has appeared on Survivor 4 times and The Amazing Race twice.

Thailand (s5)

No one unless someone became a notorius serial killer or something outrageous.

Amazon(s6)

Jenna Morasca-Girlfriend of Ethan Zohn and also winner of her season

Heidi Strobel- Married to world series winning and MLB all star pitcher Cole Hamels of the Philadelphia Phillies

Pearl Islands (s7)

Rupert Bonham -At one point the most popular play in the shows history.Last year got 3.95% of the vote as the Libertarian candidate to become Governor of Indiana

Jonny Fairplay-Has appeared as a villian on countless reality shows.Gained notierity on this for lying about his dead grandmother who appeared live and well on the seasons finale.

Sandra Diaz Twine-The only 2 time winner in the shows history

All stars(s8)

previously listed

Vanuatu(s9)

No one

Pulau(s10)

Stephanie Lagrossa-Popular contestant who has appeared on the show 3 times and is married to Major League Baseball pitcher Kyle Kendrick

Guatemala (s11)

Danni Boatwright-Winner of the season,Former miss Kansas and Miss Usa Runner Up. Previously married to country star Wade Hayes,currently married to Pro Bowl football player Casey Weigmann

Gary Hogeboom-Was a backup Quarterback in the NFL in the 1980's but more importantly it was with America's most hated team the Dallas Cowboys.

Rafe Judkins-3rd placed constestant who post show has gone on to write for popular tv shows The 4400,Chuck and Law & Order SVU

Panama(s12)

Dan Berry-Early boot who even the most hardcore fans of the show can't remember but is a former Nasa Astronaut

Cook Islands (s13)

Yul Kwon-Winner of the season.Post show has hosted stuff for the tv guide channel and PBS Before the show was an aide to Senator Joe Lieberman

Ozzy Lusth-Runner up of the season who has been brought back 2 other times .Also made tabloid headlines for a time for his association with Lindsay Lohan.

Jonathan Penner-Brought back multiple times and is a go to narrator each season he is on for sounding exactly like Alan Alda. Before the series has a succesful career as a charecter actor and earned an Oscar nomination in the 90s for a short film he wrote.

Parvarti Shallow-Has appeared on the show 3 times. Not notable on this season but is probably viewed as the most cutthroat villianous and memorable female winner of the series for her later season.

Fiji(s14)

No One

China(s15)

Ashley Massaro-An early boot who was casted to get publicity but would get the very least a Sun Obit for her former stint as WWE Diva

Amanda Kimmell-3 time constestant and twice runner. Being the ex of former contestant Ozzy and her story arc over 2 seasons from friends to betrayed and no longer friends with Parvati Shallow I think she would marginally meet the requirements for a Daily Mail Obit.

Micronesia(s16)

A half returnee half new player season.None of the people who played this season the first time would get an Obit

Gabon (s17)

Jessica "Sugar" Kipper-She was a really funny trainwreck to watch on the show and finished 3rd.Also before Survivor was a marginally succesful actress but what will easily get a Daily Mail Obit for her post show crazy antics and Celebrity Rehab stint.

Tocantins(s18)

Taj George-Was in the succesful 90s r&B group SWV and is married to former NFL Star Eddie George

Benjamin Wade-Absurd 3 time contestant who call himself "Coach".

Samoa(s19)

Russell Hantz-Trainwreck villian who's even crazies nephew later appeared on the show and his brother appeared on the us version of Big Brother.Unfortunately CBS is obsessed with him and his annoying family

Heroes vs villians (s20)

all returning contestants

Nicuaraga(s21)

Jimmy Johnson-Early boot but is a 2 time super bowl winning Coach for Americas most polarzing football team the Dallas Cowboys

Kelly Bruno-Forgettable early boot but is an amputee and world class record holding triathlete

Chase Rice-Runner Up by a single vote who has been a marginally succesful country singer post show

Redepmption Island (s22)

Phillip Shepard-Entertaining nutjob who claims to be a former federal agent. This guy will probably be invited back multiple times

South Pacific(s23)

Brandon Hantz- Trainwreck death waiting to happen

Whitney Duncan -Largely unseen as a charecter on the show but got tabloid headlines during the show for dating another contestant while still married. Also she is cousins with Holly Babo who's kidnapping case was briefly a national story. First broke through to marginal fame as a finalist on the national country music talent show Nashville Star and is a semi succesful country musician and songwriter.

One World(s24)

No one

I know the first boot on the season Kourtney Moon got diagnosed with cancer but if Jenn Lyon who finished 4th on her season got no obit other then a People magazine write up then Kourtneys chances are marginal at best.

Phillipines (s25)

Lisa Whelwhel-Became a household name in the Us for her stint on The Facts Of Life decades earlier.

Jeff Kent-Multi time all star in Major League Baseball. Possible future hall of famer

Caramoans (s26)

John Cochran- Winner of the season who is now a writer for the network tv show The Millers

Blood vs Water(s27)

Brad Culpeper-Former NFL Linebacker

Hayden Moss-Winner of another big CBS reality show is the only person to ever be a contestant on both Survivor and Big Brother

• Like 1

BB Anderson The 2nd person booted on the original season of Survivor is now the 2nd contestant to pass away. Dead at 77 earlier this week after battling brain cancer.

BB Anderson The 2nd person booted on the original season of Survivor is now the 2nd contestant to pass away. Dead at 77 earlier this week after battling brain cancer.

BB pulls off the British obit. Go BB! Too bad he wasn't in the game..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2483899/Original-Survivor-contestant-BB-Andersen-77-dies-following-battle-brain-cancer.html

(Though they mistook Rudy Boesch for him in the second photo.)

Dr Phil is probably exagerating since this is Ratings Sweeps Months but I guess Todd Herzog now is someone on the radar for possible 20 something death.

WHAT! Wow. That came out of the blue. I don't get why he'd wanna go on TV in that state though. Now all of his sake shooting drunk scenes from Survivor China will be used against him...

So I am bored and had some time to kill so I decided I would go through wikipedia and list every person from the show by season who would likely get a UK Obit if they died

(When the first season airred it really was a huge phenomonom and went from what most people at first thought would be a cheap summer burn off series to an instant water cooler hit. Something like 50 million people in the US watched the season 1 finale during the summer. No show on US tv even gets half that now. Even though I am only listing 3 people I could really see like anyone from that first season getting an Obit if they pass.

Borneo (S1)

Richard Hatch-Post show made tabloid headlines for being a tax cheat who went to prison and appeared on The Celebrity Apprentice

Rudy Boesh- Former Navy Seal who became a marginal star for a short after finishing.

Colleen Haskell-Was viewed as "Americas sweetheart "for a short time and post show got a stint in the hollywood film the animal with rob schneider before dissapearing from the spotlight.

Australia (s2)

Amber Mariano-Wife of Boston Rob . Not noteworthy on this season but her and Rob had their wedding televised on CBS and she has appeared on 4 seperate seasons of cbs shows.

Jerri Manthey-Was the first female villian of reality tv.Appeared on the show 2 more times and also appeared on The Surreal Life with actual famous people.

Colby Donaldson-Runner up who post show has had a marginal succesful acting and hosting career.Appeared in the film Red Eye

Elizabeth Hasselback-Easily the most famous person from the series.Token Republican on the talk show The View

Africa (s3)

Ethan Zohn-Winner of the season who's fight against cancer is staple of people magazine in the US and Daily Mail in the UK

Marquesas (s4)

Boston Rob-Famewhore who has appeared on Survivor 4 times and The Amazing Race twice.

Thailand (s5)

No one unless someone became a notorius serial killer or something outrageous.

Amazon(s6)

Jenna Morasca-Girlfriend of Ethan Zohn and also winner of her season

Heidi Strobel- Married to world series winning and MLB all star pitcher Cole Hamels of the Philadelphia Phillies

Pearl Islands (s7)

Rupert Bonham -At one point the most popular play in the shows history.Last year got 3.95% of the vote as the Libertarian candidate to become Governor of Indiana

Jonny Fairplay-Has appeared as a villian on countless reality shows.Gained notierity on this for lying about his dead grandmother who appeared live and well on the seasons finale.

Sandra Diaz Twine-The only 2 time winner in the shows history

All stars(s8)

previously listed

Vanuatu(s9)

No one

Pulau(s10)

Stephanie Lagrossa-Popular contestant who has appeared on the show 3 times and is married to Major League Baseball pitcher Kyle Kendrick

Guatemala (s11)

Danni Boatwright-Winner of the season,Former miss Kansas and Miss Usa Runner Up. Previously married to country star Wade Hayes,currently married to Pro Bowl football player Casey Weigmann

Gary Hogeboom-Was a backup Quarterback in the NFL in the 1980's but more importantly it was with America's most hated team the Dallas Cowboys.

Rafe Judkins-3rd placed constestant who post show has gone on to write for popular tv shows The 4400,Chuck and Law & Order SVU

Panama(s12)

Dan Berry-Early boot who even the most hardcore fans of the show can't remember but is a former Nasa Astronaut

Cook Islands (s13)

Yul Kwon-Winner of the season.Post show has hosted stuff for the tv guide channel and PBS Before the show was an aide to Senator Joe Lieberman

Ozzy Lusth-Runner up of the season who has been brought back 2 other times .Also made tabloid headlines for a time for his association with Lindsay Lohan.

Jonathan Penner-Brought back multiple times and is a go to narrator each season he is on for sounding exactly like Alan Alda. Before the series has a succesful career as a charecter actor and earned an Oscar nomination in the 90s for a short film he wrote.

Parvarti Shallow-Has appeared on the show 3 times. Not notable on this season but is probably viewed as the most cutthroat villianous and memorable female winner of the series for her later season.

Fiji(s14)

No One

China(s15)

Ashley Massaro-An early boot who was casted to get publicity but would get the very least a Sun Obit for her former stint as WWE Diva

Amanda Kimmell-3 time constestant and twice runner. Being the ex of former contestant Ozzy and her story arc over 2 seasons from friends to betrayed and no longer friends with Parvati Shallow I think she would marginally meet the requirements for a Daily Mail Obit.

Micronesia(s16)

A half returnee half new player season.None of the people who played this season the first time would get an Obit

Gabon (s17)

Jessica "Sugar" Kipper-She was a really funny trainwreck to watch on the show and finished 3rd.Also before Survivor was a marginally succesful actress but what will easily get a Daily Mail Obit for her post show crazy antics and Celebrity Rehab stint.

Tocantins(s18)

Taj George-Was in the succesful 90s r&B group SWV and is married to former NFL Star Eddie George

Benjamin Wade-Absurd 3 time contestant who call himself "Coach".

Samoa(s19)

Russell Hantz-Trainwreck villian who's even crazies nephew later appeared on the show and his brother appeared on the us version of Big Brother.Unfortunately CBS is obsessed with him and his annoying family

Heroes vs villians (s20)

all returning contestants

Nicuaraga(s21)

Jimmy Johnson-Early boot but is a 2 time super bowl winning Coach for Americas most polarzing football team the Dallas Cowboys

Kelly Bruno-Forgettable early boot but is an amputee and world class record holding triathlete

Chase Rice-Runner Up by a single vote who has been a marginally succesful country singer post show

Redepmption Island (s22)

Phillip Shepard-Entertaining nutjob who claims to be a former federal agent. This guy will probably be invited back multiple times

South Pacific(s23)

Brandon Hantz- Trainwreck death waiting to happen

Whitney Duncan -Largely unseen as a charecter on the show but got tabloid headlines during the show for dating another contestant while still married. Also she is cousins with Holly Babo who's kidnapping case was briefly a national story. First broke through to marginal fame as a finalist on the national country music talent show Nashville Star and is a semi succesful country musician and songwriter.

One World(s24)

No one

I know the first boot on the season Kourtney Moon got diagnosed with cancer but if Jenn Lyon who finished 4th on her season got no obit other then a People magazine write up then Kourtneys chances are marginal at best.

Phillipines (s25)

Lisa Whelwhel-Became a household name in the Us for her stint on The Facts Of Life decades earlier.

Jeff Kent-Multi time all star in Major League Baseball. Possible future hall of famer

Caramoans (s26)

John Cochran- Winner of the season who is now a writer for the network tv show The Millers

Blood vs Water(s27)

Brad Culpeper-Former NFL Linebacker

Hayden Moss-Winner of another big CBS reality show is the only person to ever be a contestant on both Survivor and Big Brother

The Monkeys - DL Oscars - are long gone, but digging on this level deserves recognition and respect, cheers CC!

CC, really? I can't think 5% of any of these are obit worthy here in the UK, and I guess they are not that old and not that ill.

More over maybe 5% of the UK population will have seen this show more than once because it's basically made up, fly on the wall crap.

Sorry but you would be better off looking towards old Hollywood and finding value in getting that right before wasting long shots from two-bit shows, few over here watch.

CC, really? I can't think 5% of any of these are obit worthy here in the UK, and I guess they are not that old and not that ill.

More over maybe 5% of the UK population will have seen this show more than once because it's basically made up, fly on the wall crap.

Sorry but you would be better off looking towards old Hollywood and finding value in getting that right before wasting long shots from two-bit shows, few over here watch.

I would agree with you if this were 3-4 years ago. The Daily Mail online in the last 2 years or so has been trying to appeal to the Us market, specifically the types of people in the Us who read stuff like TMZ and or People magazine. If you combine that with the show Survivor itself reliant on stunt casting and constant returning players the last few years, has turned some contestants into quasi celebs. It certainly increases the pool of past contestants who could get UK Obits. Even BB an obscure 2nd boot who wasn't even on my list of people who would get a UK obit scrapped by with a Daily Mail obit last week.

• Like 1

I would agree with you if this were 3-4 years ago. The Daily Mail online in the last 2 years or so has been trying to appeal to the Us market, specifically the types of people in the Us who read stuff like TMZ and or People magazine. If you combine that with the show Survivor itself reliant on stunt casting and constant returning players the last few years, has turned some contestants into quasi celebs. It certainly increases the pool of past contestants who could get UK Obits. Even BB an obscure 2nd boot who wasn't even on my list of people who would get a UK obit scrapped by with a Daily Mail obit last week.

This show is a complete mystery to me, I have never seen it and only its discussion here has brought it to my attention.

Is it even shown in the UK?

• Like 1