Sign in to follow this  
Estuarian Float

Survivor

LET US HAVE THIS ONE THING! :( They are pulling in the obits and cancer updates after all. Though I do agree with Rotten that it is a stretch to put the young and healthy ones on a watch list.

(If you do want to see what the show is all about, watch one of the early seasons because seasons 19 and on suck. Can't go wrong with Borneo, Australia or Africa. Pearl Islands is probably the most humorous season. Palau and China are also some of my very favorites.)

• Like 1

http://www.knoxville...r-collins-dies/

Taylor Lee Collins the son of season 2 Winner/ 27th season Blood vs Water contestant Tina Wesson and brother of contestant Katie Collins died earlier today at age 25 in a car accident.

There does seem to be a bit of a jinx with the early season winners as 5 of the first 6 winners of the show now have either lost a family member at a young age,are fighting cancer or have had a lot of legal troubles.

According to what several people from the show are posting on FB/Twitter Caleb Bankston 26, who appeared on the season Blood Vs Water died in a work related accident earlier today.

edit now an article confirms it in print

http://www.people.co...-train-derailed

The Survivor winner was on Dr Phil a year ago for alcoholism has relapsed and will be on an episode next week.

Maralyn Hershey

A contestant from season 2 the most watched season in the Us had an interview from a local paper posted on Survivors reddit page. She is a 66 yo who is off and on the bottle. I am thinking despite how little of an entity she is as a public figure almost anyone from the show would scrape through with a Daily Mail mention. She might be worth a punt in the future at some point.

Dan Kay

A Contestant from Survivor Gabon is dead at 40,not sure of the exact details

Really sad as this guy had 2 young kids, and from everything shown on tv or ever written about him he came across as a very good natured,fun,likeable guy.

Dan Kay

A Contestant from Survivor Gabon is dead at 40,not sure of the exact details

Really sad as this guy had 2 young kids, and from everything shown on tv or ever written about him he came across as a very good natured,fun,likeable guy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4086430/Survivor-Gabon-star-Dan-Kay-40-mysteriously-dies-New-Year-s-Eve.html

Amazingly he got a Daily Mail obit. He was a premerge boot(Finished 11th out of 18 players) on a season 8 1/2 years ago and went back to his normal life. We are at a point now where basically any past contestant from the show will get a copy/paste job from Daily Mail.

Why the hell would the DM print his obit? Kitty Kallen and Piet de Jong want to know.

SC

Why the hell would the DM print his obit? Kitty Kallen and Piet de Jong want to know.

SC

People Magazine and EW cover the show and it takes them 2 seconds to copy/paste from one of those. Whoever they copy Head Of State and 50's singer obits I guess didn't think De Jong and Kallen were worthy of a writeup.

1tlegy90kqy01.jpg

Also of note someone on Survivor's Reddit Board  where this was posted is Rudy(90) has Alzheimers

• Sad 1

Ashley Massaro

Dead at 39

More notable/famous for her short stint in WWE during the Aughts.Was also the 2nd boot in 2007 on one of this show best seasons(Survivor China).

The 5th person from this series to pass away

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2010 at 21:46, Estuarian Float said:

I was going to start this thread a bit later this year to avert from my flop of a thread, Kelsey Grammer, but with the death of Jennifer Lyon, I've decided to write this today.

First of all, RIP Jenn Lyon. And then there are two other former contestants I know of on the DDP, and both are much more notable than Jenn.

-Rudy Boesch, 82 years old, former Navy SEAL, and recent widower. Competed on the very first season in Borneo and acquired fame through his 3rd place finish, his friendship with Richard Hatch, and his overall personality and presence.

-Ethan Zohn, 36 years old, famous in both the world of Survivor and the world of soccer. He is the winner of season three in Kenya. He's no stranger to dealing with cancer. He and his girlfriend, Jenna Morasca (Survivor 6) both lost parents to cancer.

Twitter claims Rudy Boesch is dead.

Looking for corroboration.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Twitter claims Rudy Boesch is dead.

Looking for corroboration.

Rudy has given the Reaper a Hidden Immunity Idol to try and buy himself some time

Replying to
Hi, I actually am Rudy’s only granddaughter. He is still alive, but in hospice care. His condition is slowly declining. My family is staying positive and trying to hope for the best.

Apparently in Hospice Care with round the clock medical attention,probably don't want to pencil him in to your 2020 teams but not dead yet

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Apparently in Hospice Care with round the clock medical attention,probably don't want to pencil him in to your 2020 teams but not dead yet

not a chance in all of hell that the UK media picks up on some Season 1 'star' from Survivor.  
5 pounds of coffee he QOs.

SC

4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

not a chance in all of hell that the UK media picks up on some Season 1 'star' from Survivor.  
5 pounds of coffee he QOs.

SC

Many reality TV show stars are an easy QO nowadays, I’m not sure if I would bet on that

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Many reality TV show stars are an easy QO nowadays, I’m not sure if I would bet on that

'nowadays' v 'yesterdays'.  I stand by my offer.  How come I get no offers for coffee in return?  I wouldn't mind 1/3 stone of local coffee beanery selections.

SC

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Man of my word if nothing else.  Give me a neighbour's address or summat.... breakfast blend or dark roast, or flavoured (I shouldn't allow it, but to the winner goes the spoils).

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Man of my word if nothing else.  Give me a neighbour's address or summat.... breakfast blend or dark roast, or flavoured (I shouldn't allow it, but to the winner goes the spoils).

Donate to nearest homeless shelter or summat. Good enough for me. ;)

• Like 1

I'll post a photo of the donation.  :)

• Like 4

Will be interesting next year to see if Rudy's name/photo will be appear in the  In Memoriam Montage at next year's Emmys. The finale of Survivor Season 1 was watched by 50 Million people and he was a huge part of the initial seasons popularity.

On 03/01/2018 at 18:19, CaptainChorizo said:

Angie Jakusz a contestant back in 2005 has squamous cell colorectal cancer

https://www.gofundme.com/go-fund-no-fun-angie

Passed away at age 40 on Friday

Coincidentally she was from the same season as Jenn Lyon who died of cancer this month 11 years ago

• Like 2