Stayin Alive

Rolf Harris

Well, what other well-known children's tv stars of the 70s are there who are in their 80s and still around?

Now, the accused lives in Berkshire. As does 86 year old, former star in the 70's.. Stanley Baxter....

Does Stuart Hall live in Berkshire?

Well, what other well-known children's tv stars of the 70s are there who are in their 80s and still around?

Now, the accused lives in Berkshire. As does 86 year old, former star in the 70's.. Stanley Baxter....

Does Stuart Hall live in Berkshire?

No, very much the northerner, Hall is. Besides, this arrest has nothing to do with the Savile investigation...

Harris's friend and producer Steve Lima said the allegations were "completely without foundation".

He said the entertainer had "aged ten years in the last six months" and was "fearful that he might take his life". Mr Lima added: "I can assure you, as his pal, he has no interest in children."

http://mobile.news.c...g-1226640971057

Looks like Rolf could do with his own discussion thread

He has...

Maybe a mod could move all of the Rolf-related posts from the Savile thread and put them in here to tidy things up a bit.

EDIT: Looks like you have already moved half of them. I am guessing the mod did a search for the string "Rolf Harris" but if you refer back to the Savile thread, there are a lot of posts that mention just "Rolf" or just "Harris" that haven't been moved over yet.

Rolf made his on-stage comeback today: http://www.abc.net.a...concert/4698748

seriously though i wonder if he is found guilty whether they will regret that . Giving a standing ovation to an alleged kiddy fiddler ,some people take fandom too far.

poor Rolf

Not sounding good then. :( Interestingly, a week or so ago, I read an interview with Australian entertainer Rhonda Burchmore, who implied that all he had done was innocently cuddle his secretary and that, in these more politically-correct times, this was viewed as sexual harassment in hindsight.

Supposedly he also made lots of husbands jealous with flirtatious behaviour down the years but it was all very innocent. I guess we will soon find out if this is a case of political correctness gone mad or if there was something more sinister going on there.

BREAKING: TV presenter Rolf Harris charged with nine counts of indecent assault and four of making indecent images.

He really shouldn't have added the Rolfaroo into the bottom right corner of that picture he took of him sodomising a nine-year-old, huh?

• Like 1

"Can you tell what it is yet?"

"Er, a zeppelin?"

Well, to a degree, we all have to look on the bright side.

Jimmy Savile has ensured that Jim'll Fix it will never be repeated on TV and Stuart Hall will never be heard again laughing inanely as he commentates on "Its a Knock Out."

If the alleged offences are proved, no more re runs of Animal Hospital.

Fucking result!!

Now we need a good solid number of comedic actors to go the same way which, hopefully, will bring UK Gold to is knees and, ultimately,put the fuckers out of business.

I live in hope.

• Like 2

If he was repeatedly assaulting the same girl over the1980-81 period, as the allegation states, it sounds like the victim was someone known to him, and not just some random fan who came backstage after a show.

Rolf made his on-stage comeback today: http://www.abc.net.a...concert/4698748

seriously though i wonder if he is found guilty whether they will regret that . Giving a standing ovation to an alleged kiddy fiddler ,some people take fandom too far.

Who really cares if he's a kiddy-fiddler? Nobody cared when:

Jimmy Page kidnapped a 14 year old girl and made her a sex slave for three years till she Stockholm'd (He never served a day).

Matthew Broderick killed two people while driving on the wrong side of the road (He was only fined $175).

Don King murdered his employee by stomping on his face for hours because he owed him $600 (He served less than 4 years).

If nobody cared about that then why should they start?

(Rant over).

• Like 1

What seems odd to me is that allegations about Rolf date back to the 1980s when he was already in his 50s, as opposed to William Roach and Jimmy Savile whose alleged crimes date bck to when they were much much younger. Do men with no previous suddenly turn predatory once they reach 50? I'm not saying he didn't do it and I'm not saying he did, it just seems odd as usually the perps start committing these acts at younger age.

• Like 1

Guest Shucky Ducky

Have you all heard Rolf Harris has a new book coming out

It is called the in's and outs of child rearing

Guest Ripleu

Have you all heard Rolf Harris has a new book coming out

It is called the in's and outs of child rearing

Q: Did you hear that Rolf Harris and Tonya Harding have decided to begin training racehorses together?A: Yeah, she's gonna do all the handicapping and he's gonna ride all the three-year-olds!

Wow, a Tonya Harding joke. That is just the cutting edge of topical humour and relevancy. /sarcasm

I'm personally more interested to see if he can 'Pull a Townshend' and gets away with the indecent images on his computer.

What he may/may not have done to someone back in the day doesn't really interest me, but if his current computer has images of kids on, he's a fucking nonce and will burn in nonce hell with all his little nonce buddies.

Wow, a Tonya Harding joke. That is just the cutting edge of topical humour and relevancy. /sarcasm

I'm personally more interested to see if he can 'Pull a Townshend' and gets away with the indecent images on his computer.

What he may/may not have done to someone back in the day doesn't really interest me, but if his current computer has images of kids on, he's a fucking nonce and will burn in nonce hell with all his little nonce buddies.

What is the general feel about Townsend in the UK? Do most people believe his excuse or do they think he is guilty and got away with it? It was never really mentioned that much in the Aussie media, even at the time and it seems all but forgotten over here now.