Stayin Alive

Rolf Harris

I saw him in a taxi when I was a kid in London, I through he was looking at me weirdly 

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.022517a7351ae65be08217013f3b9e21.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Deadboy999 said:

I saw him in a taxi when I was a kid in London, I through he was looking at me weirdly 

Did he got his extra leg out?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Deadboy999 said:

He was into girls. Women and girls only.

Maybe it wasn't you he was checking out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

He was into girls. Women and girls only.

Don't forget the two little boys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Youth in Asia said:

Don't forget the two little boys.

None of those age old jokes work with Rolf, just as they don't with Gary Glitter.

This is how the British press report such stories:

Girl(s) abused - "Predator caught abusing child(ren)"

Boy(s) abused - "Predator caught abusing young boy(s)"

Therefore the assumption that transforms the addled minds of the public is that anyone abusing girls only must have abused boys too.

I'm sick of having this discussion.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Perhaps for next year we should replace Rolf with Stuart Hall. 

• Like 2

Sky have reported he died on the 10th May, so sounds like the speculation around the private ambulance on here was correct.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Perhaps for next year we should replace Rolf with Stuart Hall. 

Or Sidney Cooke.

• Like 1

Looks like he's decided to move back down (6 feet) under.

packwatch.gif

• Like 4

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 21:54, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Elsewhere, on't web, Lardy was convincing me that he was dead and they were just waiting for the right time to announce it.

Possible.........

See? Lardy was bang on!:D

• Like 1

BREAKING:
Rolf Harris ruled out of being next This Morning host.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

That Undertaker's van we were talking about 12 days ago must have been him surely.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

That Undertaker's van we were talking about 12 days ago must have been him surely.

1 hour ago, Brad252 said:

Sky have reported he died on the 10th May, so sounds like the speculation around the private ambulance on here was correct.

• Like 1

Well if that's the case the date on the front page needs changing to May 10th even if it was only announced today.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Well if that's the case the date on the front page needs changing to May 10th even if it was only announced today.

Pretty sure all the dates on the front page correspond to the date of announcement (or the date that the update on the front page was made).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Pretty sure all the dates on the front page correspond to the date of announcement (or the date that the update on the front page was made).

They usually do (correspond), but Sakamoto's didn't. His death wasn't announced until April 2nd but the front page shows 28 March (the day he actually died) as its date of death.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

None of those age old jokes work with Rolf, just as they don't with Gary Glitter.

This is how the British press report such stories:

Girl(s) abused - "Predator caught abusing child(ren)"

Boy(s) abused - "Predator caught abusing young boy(s)"

Therefore the assumption that transforms the addled minds of the public is that anyone abusing girls only must have abused boys too.

I'm sick of having this discussion.

Well firstly it was just a joke because that was the name of his famous hit song.

Secondly, abusers abuse one gender or the other, I'm not aware of any that abuse both. Boys (Jonathan King, that football coach, that Scottish teacher, several cardinals) Girls (Glitter, Harris, Peel, Bowie). Why would anyone assume someone who has abused girls abuses boys too?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Youth in Asia said:

Well firstly it was just a joke because that was the name of his famous hit song.

Secondly, abusers abuse one gender or the other, I'm not aware of any that abuse both. Boys (Jonathan King, that football coach, that Scottish teacher, several cardinals) Girls (Glitter, Harris, Peel, Bowie). Why would anyone assume someone who has abused girls abuses boys too?

I guess you haven't seen Twitter today. ;) That's exactly what the great unwashed (with a few exceptions) are assuming.

See, to me it's also disrespectful genderwise. Girls who are abused aren't mentioned in the headline generally, which is about as far as folk get normally. Therefore for some reason the words paedophile or child rapist automatically trigger folk into assuming both genders have been abused.

I've seen very few headlines today that explicitly mention the gender of Rolf's victims. Hence the firestorm of references to that song.

I think there needs to be a bit of thinking done by journalists as to how they responsibly headline as well as report such crimes.

• Like 2

On the website, but nothing at all on the BBC news so far. All seems to be about Madeleine or the Cardiff riots. Very strange. 

• Like 1

Death certificate shows he died on 10 May. Must have been one of the most-delayed deaths ever reported on this site, especially for one of the 50. 

Presumably cremation has taken place by now. 

• Like 2