Stayin Alive

Rolf Harris

I just found out that in Rolf's case all his friends and family stood by him. Which was certainly not the case for Glitter, Savile etc. I wonder why?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

I just found out that in Rolf's case all his friends and family stood by him. Which was certainly not the case for Glitter, Savile etc. I wonder why?

I believe that at least in the case of Rolf Harris, his wife stuck by him because of a mix of health issues and longevity - they HAD been married since 1958. I suppose the rest of Rolf's family may have stood by him because they didn't want to stress his wife out?

The wife has alzheimers so is past caring, but his daughter still supported him a lot, despite the fact he was meant to have didgeridooed her friend at age 13. Anyway, there are numerous claims that he harassed and groped people so it is not just about that case.

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

didgeridooed

:lol:

9 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

The wife has alzheimers so is past caring, but his daughter still supported him a lot, despite the fact he was meant to have didgeridooed her friend at age 13. Anyway, there are numerous claims that he harassed and groped people so it is not just about that case.

So, the ITV documentary makes clear his daughter had major resentment to him, though largely because she'd become convinced that him shagging her teenage best mate was consensual, and only happened when her friend was of consenting age. The friend - "A" in the documentary - doesn't appear. Her psychiatrist has been given permission to discuss what happened, which includes the friend developing a problem with alcohol as a result of the damage done by Rolf. Something else in plain sight is the quality of his home - Bray in Berkshire, bordering the Thames - and daughter Bindi's likely the sole heir, and clearly whilst he went to jail the vast tonnage of the property and money stays in the family. S'cuse the cynicism but whatever distance she puts between her dad and herself she likely doesn't want to mess with that situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2