Stayin Alive

Rolf Harris

Dunno how relevant this is but...

Last night I was minding my own business/downing a pint/glancing at the Nigeria vs Iran match/ and playing a couple of games of pool when I overheard a well turned out and intelligent young girl (18 years old) basically offering herself to a 43 year old bloke. The pair of them both - sort of - known to me. Thankfully he had the presence of mind to explain what a bad idea this was likely to be in the long run and nothing transpired. But if it had it would have been consensual, and I'm willing to be she'd have grown up to wonder WTF she was thinking.

I was thinking Rolf.

• Like 2

Last night I was minding my own business/downing a pint/glancing at the Nigeria vs Iran match/ and playing a couple of games of pool when I overheard a well turned out and intelligent young girl (18 years old) basically offering herself to a 43 year old bloke. The pair of them both - sort of - known to me. Thankfully he had the presence of mind to explain what a bad idea this was likely to be in the long run and nothing transpired. But if it had it would have been consensual, and I'm willing to be she'd have grown up to wonder WTF she was thinking.

I was thinking Rolf.

I would have been thinking "Why not me!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I was thinking Rolf.

I would have been thinking "Why not me!!!!!!!

Well if you're so desperate for it.... move to his neck of the woods innit.

Is Rolf in the rock and roll HOF? His musical accomplishments won't go to hell but his reputation is ashes.

What musical accomplishments? Anyway what's ashes got to do with it, we're talkin about Rolf not David Bowie.

Nice to see you anyway Banshees.

Rolf Harris could be going to jail tomorrow http://www.walesonli...w-judge-7290554 :o

Well, no decision on day one of the jury's deliberations, so I think that's good news for Rolf. A quick decision would most likely have meant they all thought he was guilty on all charges.

guest Rolf Harris might be dead next week :o if he gets found guilty and is given 8 to 10 years . sent home for a few days to get his affairs in order realising he will never be a free man again or see his wife might be enough for him and his wife to top themselves , i don't know he just seems the type.

DJL I don't think the jury are deliberating yet they doesn't retire until sometime later today judge will finish his summing up this morning.

I wonder what you guys think by the judges comments of having the courage to return true verdicts. He then went on to say the prosecution alleges each victim has described attacks that are "tellingly similar".

Having heard the judges in two previous cases of william roache and max clifford sum up the cases i would say this judges summing up is closer to cliffords than roache's.

Rolf Harris could be going to jail tomorrow http://www.walesonli...w-judge-7290554 :o

Well, no decision on day one of the jury's deliberations, so I think that's good news for Rolf. A quick decision would most likely have meant they all thought he was guilty on all charges.

guest Rolf Harris might be dead next week :o if he gets found guilty and is given 8 to 10 years . sent home for a few days to get his affairs in order realising he will never be a free man again or see his wife might be enough for him and his wife to top themselves , i don't know he just seems the type.

DJL I don't think the jury are deliberating yet they doesn't retire until sometime later today judge will finish his summing up this morning.

I wonder what you guys think by the judges comments of having the courage to return true verdicts. He then went on to say the prosecution alleges each victim has described attacks that are "tellingly similar".

Having heard the judges in two previous cases of william roache and max clifford sum up the cases i would say this judges summing up is closer to cliffords than roache's.

"sent home for a few days to get his affairs in order" ? I don't think so.

To date we've wasted a shitload of wishful thinking on the chances of ageing nonces being overwhelmed by shame and doing themselves in. Stuart Hall's massive ego, Gary Glitter's ongoing denial etc. all suggest these people find ways of coping, just, when they're banged up. Rolf's public shame goes - literally - hand in hand with making peace with his family, so he's likely to have something, albeit a lot less than he once had, to live for if he does get locked up.

Apparently the verdict will be in a form of a painting which we can't work out until they have finished...

• Like 3

Indeed you were right. The report I had seen was basically from half-way through the summing-up process. Interestingly, one thing in Rolf's favour is the judge told the jury not to put too much weight on the "octopus" comments as only one witness had stated it.

More questions from the (evidently semi-illiterate) jurors: http://mobile.news.c...g-1226968263212

I see what you mean. That is, I am struggling to see what they mean.

The questions which the jury sought clarification on were:

“1. Can we discuss legal directions given as there seems some confusion as a juror is making behavioural assumptions which is taken into account as evidence in many counts;

2. We are to judge each count independently — please clarify;

3. Is it allowed to stereotype what the victim should have done prior to an alleged offence taking place in more than one count or using it against them;

4. As opposed to using patterns within counts to help decide an outcome of one count surely it is non advisable to take evidence from one count in the future to judge the count in the here and now NB count 3-9 please clarify;

5. Can the veracity of a witness statement in one count be taken into account when judging the voracity of a witness statement in another count.”

• Like 1

More questions from the (evidently semi-illiterate) jurors: http://mobile.news.c...g-1226968263212

“1. Can we discuss legal directions given as there seems some confusion as a juror is making behavioural assumptions which is taken into account as evidence in many counts;

3. Is it allowed to stereotype what the victim should have done prior to an alleged offence taking place in more than one count or using it against them;

4. As opposed to using patterns within counts to help decide an outcome of one count surely it is non advisable to take evidence from one count in the future to judge the count in the here and now NB count 3-9 please clarify;

5. Can the veracity of a witness statement in one count be taken into account when judging the voracity of a witness statement in another count.”

Could well be heading towards an inability to reach a verdict, a retrail etc. etc. Really stressful all round and - s'cuse the cynicism - but a development that might put his wife on our 2015 radar as well.

Could well be heading towards an inability to reach a verdict, a retrail etc. etc. Really stressful all round and - s'cuse the cynicism - but a development that might put his wife on our 2015 radar as well.

If i were Rolf (or his brief), based on what I've read here, i'd be questioning the suitability of the jury to make a decision on what to have in the sandwiches, let alone my/his guilt, or otherwise.

If i were Rolf (or his brief), based on what I've read here, i'd be questioning the suitability of the jury to make a decision on what to have in the sandwiches, let alone my/his guilt, or otherwise.

Since I live in a country that doesn't do trial by jury, I don't understand a thing of this. Aren't there some Standard Instructions to the Jury which cover that?

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Sounds like they got a bunch of wayne and waynetta's on the jury. No wonder rolf thought singing to them might win them over, clearly by the looks of it he will get off.

• Like 1

Sounds like they got a bunch of wayne and waynetta's on the jury. No wonder rolf thought singing to them might win them over, clearly by the looks of it he will get off.

Isn't getting off what landed him in all this bother in the first place?? "Allegedly"

Isn't getting off what landed him in all this bother in the first place?? "Allegedly"

Knowing Rolf he will get off on getting off if you know what i mean.

Guilty on all 12 counts of indecent assault.

I Didn't think he would get found guilty of all counts. I'm guessing they will strip him of his knighthoods quickly too and you won't see Rolf paints the Queen on your TV ever again lol.

If max Clifford got 8 years for eight counts then rolf will easy get over 10 years .

Well we will find out in the next few days if he does suicide.