Stayin Alive

Rolf Harris

Guest Guest

Rolf Harris may have done a runner ! His wife arrived at their home alone tonight!

Rolf Harris may have done a runner ! His wife arrived at their home alone tonight!

If so, he should be able to move quickly - he has the advantage of three legs!
  • Like 5

Guest Guest

But he won't have one to stand on when the judge hands down his sentence on friday !

Maybe she kicked him out?I doubt it though_In fact I have found her smiling during the trial very strange which leads me to believe she may be senile and not fully aware of what is going on around her . That might explain the presence of Rolf"s daughter and niece.I feel that my childhood has been tainted somehow!

But he won't have one to stand on when the judge hands down his sentence on friday !

:D :D :D

They were saying on the television just now that Rolf may face trial on additional charges later on. :o

As I was saying...

"British police have revealed they are looking into a number of further allegations against the fallen star, who was overnight found guilty on all 12 charges of indecent assault in London."

http://www.abc.net.a...-claims/5562796

Maybe she kicked him out?I doubt it though_In fact I have found her smiling during the trial very strange which leads me to believe she may be senile and not fully aware of what is going on around her . That might explain the presence of Rolf"s daughter and niece.I feel that my childhood has been tainted somehow!

Either that or the family arrival was a blatant, but futile, attempt to present him in a positive light for the benefit of the jury.

200px-Harland_Sanders.jpg

No bullshit, I was discussing Rolf with a fairly young person about an hour ago and she said; "Is he that guy from KFC?" Our favourite fried chicken outlet may just have landed itself a marketing problem!

• Like 4

Since I live in a country that doesn't do trial by jury, I don't understand a thing of this. Aren't there some Standard Instructions to the Jury which cover that?

regards,

Hein

This may not be the right place or time to discuss this but I am interested in your comment.

How is Dutch justice perceived?

Who decides on the guilt or ortherwise?

A few years ago it was suggested by Jack Straw to limit trial by jury in certain complex cases and the reaction this provoked was as though he had suggested barbecuing kittens.

I understand the arguments for being tried in front of your peers but we need to look at all options and experience of fully developed democracies that cope without the system should be allowed to inform the debate.

No bullshit, I was discussing Rolf with a fairly young person about an hour ago and she said; "Is he that guy from KFC?" Our favourite fried chicken outlet may just have landed itself a marketing problem!

My 18 year old nephew said the exact same thing whilst we were watching the news last night.

My 18 year old nephew said the exact same thing whilst we were watching the news last night.

They must learn to understand one of them has committed acts of atrocity against scores of innocent victims and the other is Rolf Harris.

• Like 7

Since I live in a country that doesn't do trial by jury, I don't understand a thing of this. Aren't there some Standard Instructions to the Jury which cover that?

regards,

Hein

This may not be the right place or time to discuss this but I am interested in your comment.

How is Dutch justice perceived?

Who decides on the guilt or ortherwise?

A few years ago it was suggested by Jack Straw to limit trial by jury in certain complex cases and the reaction this provoked was as though he had suggested barbecuing kittens.

I understand the arguments for being tried in front of your peers but we need to look at all options and experience of fully developed democracies that cope without the system should be allowed to inform the debate.

If, for example, you put a truly heart-rending case of assisted suicide before a jury, the chances are the defendant will be acquitted, even if they said they did it when giving evidence. A bench trial would almost certainly find them guilty.

Although it doesn't happen very often, a jury can ignore a judge's direction. Probably the most famous case being Bushel's Case which resulted in a commemorative plaque being placed in the Old Bailey. It says: "established the right of juries to give their verdict according to their conviction".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushel's_Case

• Like 1

Guilty on all 12 counts of indecent assault.

I Didn't think he would get found guilty of all counts. I'm guessing they will strip him of his knighthoods quickly too and you won't see Rolf paints the Queen on your TV ever again lol.

If max Clifford got 8 years for eight counts then rolf will easy get over 10 years .

Well we will find out in the next few days if he does suicide.

Was it not the case that Max Clifford's charges included rape whereas Rolf's does not? However the length of the sentance in Rolf's case I think will be academic.

I think Rolf is a better bet for DL 2015 than Stuart Hall.

IMO he shouldn't be on there because he's too depressing. And I've advocated putting all sorts of murderers and whatnot on there.

He's just a grim groping old bugger and frankly I think many people are sick of the sight of him. Me especially. The same goes for Stuart Hall. I mean if it was Jimmy Savile (if he were still alive and about to be jailed) then maybe because we can at least laugh at his stupid tracksuits and antics and everything. But Rolf's just a depressing cunt. I think as a nation, a lot of us are all Yewtree'd out and I'm not sure if a DL front page death entry that read "Rolf hanged himself from his cell because he couldn't bear the shame" or "Stuart had his head kicked in by fellow prisoners" would fit in amongst the general sense humour that DL has.

Doesn`t Stuart Hall have a serious heart condition though?

Well that certainly gives new meaning to the phrase "finger licking good"!

IMO he shouldn't be on there because he's too depressing. And I've advocated putting all sorts of murderers and whatnot on there.

He's just a grim groping old bugger and frankly I think many people are sick of the sight of him. Me especially. The same goes for Stuart Hall. I mean if it was Jimmy Savile (if he were still alive and about to be jailed) then maybe because we can at least laugh at his stupid tracksuits and antics and everything. But Rolf's just a depressing cunt. I think as a nation, a lot of us are all Yewtree'd out and I'm not sure if a DL front page death entry that read "Rolf hanged himself from his cell because he couldn't bear the shame" or "Stuart had his head kicked in by fellow prisoners" would fit in amongst the general sense humour that DL has.

I think that when the committee come to make the decision the primary questions will be 1. Will they croak? and 2. Do people care?

I think that the community here are capable of creating the humour in almost any situation.

I think that even if the DL Comm decide that he is not a worthewhile pick I expect him to make the DDP drop 40.

I think that when the committee come to make the decision the primary questions will be 1. Will they croak? and 2. Do people care?

I think that the community here are capable of creating the humour in almost any situation.

I think that even if the DL Comm decide that he is not a worthewhile pick I expect him to make the DDP drop 40.

Okay. I don't think they will end up on DL front page. Both of them were arrested last year, both are well past 80, and everyone pretty much thought they looked guilty enough and even if Rolf had been let off (he seemed like he had more chance of that than Hall, to me), they were still both candidates cos of the "stress" and shame of it and whatnot. So they were already good candidates for this year, and yet they're not on DL this year. I like to think that's cos the DL powers-that-be didn't want these depressing cunts on the front page.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to hearing about them croaking as much as you guys, I just don't want to think about them very often that's all. Hence why neither of them are on my list....... I think both of them could go this year or next, maybe even next week you never know. I just don't want them to be given the er, "recognition" of being DL picks quite frankly. They make the Wests look like lovable characters.

I'm surprised that Harris was granted bail. Considering he admitted that he suffers from depression and as he said in an interview about 3 years ago ‘I’ve got clinical depression’. I’d never felt so low. There’s no way to come out of the blackness,’ That I would have thought they would have him remanded in custody before sentencing him, just to keep him on a suicide watch,

Doesn`t Stuart Hall have a serious heart condition though?

Yeah, and he also comes with the bonus of ironic humour for anyone who plays their dead pool joker when picking him next year.

• Like 4

Guilty on all 12 counts of indecent assault.

I Didn't think he would get found guilty of all counts. I'm guessing they will strip him of his knighthoods quickly too and you won't see Rolf paints the Queen on your TV ever again lol.

If max Clifford got 8 years for eight counts then rolf will easy get over 10 years .

Well we will find out in the next few days if he does suicide.

Was it not the case that Max Clifford's charges included rape whereas Rolf's does not? However the length of the sentance in Rolf's case I think will be academic.

I think Rolf is a better bet for DL 2015 than Stuart Hall.

No not that i know of Clifford's were all indecent assaults I think. Rolf's are actually even worse than Clifford's because they were classed as sexual assaults and there are more charges against him, I would be surprised if he gets less than 10 years.

I'm surprised that Harris was granted bail. Considering he admitted that he suffers from depression and as he said in an interview about 3 years ago ‘I’ve got clinical depression’. I’d never felt so low. There’s no way to come out of the blackness,’ That I would have thought they would have him remanded in custody before sentencing him, just to keep him on a suicide watch,

I never knew that about Rolf's depression maybe he felt guilty about what he done. With that on top of a long sentence and more women coming forward , keep your eye on the news Thursday morning though to Friday night or news of Rolf failing to appear in court.

Have any of the inmates of Wentworth prison come forward yet to claim they were abused by Rolfie?

he seems to have seized every opportunity on Australian TV

Was Skippy or Kylie or Jason ever questioned?

Have any of the inmates of Wentworth prison come forward yet to claim they were abused by Rolfie?

Skippy admitted to being a Bush Kangaroo.................

• Like 1

Third legs, didgereedoo, wobble board. It all makes sense now...

• Like 2

Guest Guest

The inmates of Wormwood Scrubs are about to have their revenge on behalf of Wentworth..

'Don't tie me down in the showers boys, don't tie me down in the showers...'

you can make up the rest yourself :mellow: