Stayin Alive

Rolf Harris

10423947_1569708969922615_4891910280113135276_n.jpg?oh=702c5578f6ba7143160a6f88a78c3955&oe=541DD3A9&__gda__=1410641528_793f505e50cdafd1903ff22a70c63f73
  • Like 2

Rolf's big day tomorrow, and I am thinking in terms of 6 years, Sex Offenders register for life, or what's left of it, and more cases to come forward after this trial.

What was it about "family game shows" in the 60's, 70's and 80's that gave Harris, Savile and Hall room to create mayhem?

Any other presenters around that time who, on reflection, might have been dodgy. Were the Blue Peter people pure as driven snow?

• Like 1

Rolf's big day tomorrow, and I am thinking in terms of 6 years, Sex Offenders register for life, or what's left of it, and more cases to come forward after this trial.

What was it about "family game shows" in the 60's, 70's and 80's that gave Harris, Savile and Hall room to create mayhem?

Any other presenters around that time who, on reflection, might have been dodgy. Were the Blue Peter people pure as driven snow?

Unless you've got a shitload of money, I'd be very careful If I were you.

Here's what the Daily Mirror has to say about Blue Peter Presenters.

Unless you've got a shitload of money, I'd be very careful If I were you.

Here's what the Daily Mirror has to say about Blue Peter Presenters.

I recommend Peter Purvis' autobiography. He is quite candid about his affairs with a variety of woman.

Thanks for the advice, because I don't have a shitload of money, but i think I will get a good nights sleep tonight.

I didn't realise until reading the Daily Mirror article just what a mixed bag they have had.

I preferred Magpie anyway, if only for the delicious Jenny Hanley

After the sentencing, we should prepare ourselves for the inevitable "I'm too sick to be in prison" routine? it seems to be what's done with high-profile court proceedings these days (Pistorius is practically already there at this point)

I'm betting on an at her majesty's pleasure scenario, in 2 or 3 years he'll be released on compassionate grounds and slink into obscurity, popping up in deathlist forums with the occasional health update.

After the sentencing, we should prepare ourselves for the inevitable "I'm too sick to be in prison" routine? it seems to be what's done with high-profile court proceedings these days (Pistorius is practically already there at this point)

I'm betting on an at her majesty's pleasure scenario, in 2 or 3 years he'll be released on compassionate grounds and slink into obscurity, popping up in deathlist forums with the occasional health update.

Like Jack Lyons in the Guinness scandal; he avoided gaol due to ill health and went on to live for the next 20 years before croaking it aged 92.

I can't remember who it was but I seem to recollect someone had Alzheimer's, avoided gaol and made a miraculous recovery a couple of years later.

That was Ernest Saunders, involved in the Guinness scandal and pleaded Alzheimers and did indeed make a remarkable recovery.

I seem to remember that Saunders made a lot of money for the Guinness company whilst he was there, amazing what you can do if you have Alzheimers

I reckon he'll get 5 years...

• Like 1

Guest Rolf Harris Jr

Dad was framed his bitch wife set him up.

That was Ernest Saunders, involved in the Guinness scandal and pleaded Alzheimers and did indeed make a remarkable recovery.

I seem to remember that Saunders made a lot of money for the Guinness company whilst he was there, amazing what you can do if you have Alzheimers

Saunders had a "pre" Alzheimers condition, apparently. All told, a remarkable recovery.

Guest 12yearoldboy

That is a shock. And deep down I am really sad that it's true. You never can tell, can you?

Not belittling in any way what their victims have suffered, but the one thing that we, the good public, have to miss out on when these celebs are finally found guilty of their vile crimes is their contribution to the world of entertainment. You never hear a Gary Glitter song played any more. We'll never again get to see when it was fixed for those boy scouts to eat their lunch on a rollercoaster, with the fat one throwing his drink everywhere... And now, we'll never hear "Two Little Boys" on the radio at Christmas again.

Oh well, every cloud...

Well, surprisingly one was heard on the telly about a week ago!

And it was .... I kid you not .... "Do You Wanna Touch Me" :o:lol:

It was in 'Dancing Queen', a romantic comedy starring Rik Mayall and Helena Bonham Carter. Helena played a stripper, and that was the song she performed to on the Rik character's stag do. I thought it was marvellous that no politically correct busybody had got at it and dubbed another track over it.

*Squee* Im going to have to watch that now; I love me some Helena :wub:

Hello, Guest...no good labelling yourself as a 12 year old boy....there should be 2 of you.

Talking about Glitter, the song "Do you wanna touch me" is almost as vile as the question "Do you wanna be in my gang".

Was Glitter ever in Rochdale when the fat bastard was around?

Dad was framed his bitch wife set him up.

Bindi, have you had gender reassignment surgery and changed your first name?

That's no way to talk about your mother!

• Like 1

Hello, Guest...no good labelling yourself as a 12 year old boy....there should be 2 of you.

Talking about Glitter, the song "Do you wanna touch me" is almost as vile as the question "Do you wanna be in my gang".

Was Glitter ever in Rochdale when the fat bastard was around?

Fat bastard in Rochdale ... Whoever could that be?

Nice one squirrel!

I'll guess that he gets 5 years, on account of his advanced age.

Those who believed that he may have topped himself today look like they will be disappointed, as it appears he is currently non his way to court. Stangely travelling by river boat. Clutching at straws, maybe he will overboard like Bob Maxwell!

I'll guess that he gets 5 years, on account of his advanced age.

Those who believed that he may have topped himself today look like they will be disappointed, as it appears he is currently non his way to court. Stangely travelling by river boat. Clutching at straws, maybe he will overboard like Bob Maxwell!

He'll certainly be up the swanee without a paddle by end of play today...

Guest Guest

OMG 20 years before he's eligible for parole :shock2:

Guest Guest

sorry thats not his sentence-i was just speculating what if that WAS his sentence!

Sky News is reporting Rolf's been gaoled for 5 years 9 months

Guest Guest

Sky News is reporting Rolf's been gaoled for 5 years 9 months

lucky bastard!

Guest Guest

unconfirmed reports coming in that Rolf Harris has collapsed shortly after sentencing.I'm trying to find more info

Guest Guest

Rolfs wife and daughter have both collapsed in tears.Rolf led away shouting and protesting innocence.It's a pretty ugly scene :"(