Sign in to follow this  
harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy

Martin Gardner

Someone I can't find previously mentioned on the DL is the 93-year-old 'godfather of recreational mathematics' (i.e. he likes puzzles), Martin Gardner. I'd never heard of him till reading this article, and his wiki page suggests he's eminent enough for a suitable obituary - check the Escher and Tetris references.

The article says he's too frail to attend the G4G conferences held in his name these days (though it also says he's still 'mentally and physically fit'), so he's a possible deadpool pick for someone willing to take a gamble.

Someone I can't find previously mentioned on the DL is the 93-year-old 'godfather of recreational mathematics' (i.e. he likes puzzles), Martin Gardner. I'd never heard of him till reading this article, and his wiki page suggests he's eminent enough for a suitable obituary - check the Escher and Tetris references.

The article says he's too frail to attend the G4G conferences held in his name these days (though it also says he's still 'mentally and physically fit'), so he's a possible deadpool pick for someone willing to take a gamble.

Martin Gardner is 95 today. He's still writing books and publishing puzzles and, sadly for the two teams who picked him on the DDP, he looks fairly unlikely to die before 2010.

Martin Gardner is 95 today. He's still writing books and publishing puzzles and, sadly for the two teams who picked him on the DDP, he looks fairly unlikely to die before 2010.

I'm afraid he got stuck somewhere in a Klein Bottle, 'cause he's dead.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein
Topic consolidated

HelloGuest randomly viewing this page, why not register and tell us why in the world?
  •