Godot

Stephen Griffiths

I note that Stephen Griffiths' pseudonym Ven Pariah already brings up 30,100 references when searched in Google. I wonder what the number will be a year from now?

If moderators believe he isn't worthy of his own thread please add this to a general serial killers thread if there is one. I thought there was but couldn't find it. Anyhow I'm sure this nutter is going to be collecting quite a few more column inches in the years ahead so perhaps he deserves one on his own.

I worked on some of the Sutcliffe killings many years ago. For some reason police then were reluctant to link some of the attacks and it seems things haven't changed. I wonder how many more there would have been in this case had the murder not been videoed. Are video taped murders rare?

Are video taped murders rare?

Ignoring political assassinations and the like, Leonard Lake, Paul Bernardo and Bittaker & Norris all liked to film parts of the murder process but I don't believe there is any actual publicly available footage of such.

tbh we probably need a 16-year-old posting here in order to get someone at the peak of their serial killer fascination.

Ven Pariah

That name rings bells with me, I am sure that I recognise it as a user name on a forum I have frequented. I even checked the member list on DL, but no one of that name here. It's bothering me now, I'm sure it's death related as well, maybe alt.obits or Findadeath. I'm not sure why I'd be so pleased to find out I'd corresponded with a serial killer, but I would.

I like his Amazon wishlist

Ven Pariah

That name rings bells with me, I am sure that I recognise it as a user name on a forum I have frequented. I even checked the member list on DL, but no one of that name here. It's bothering me now, I'm sure it's death related as well, maybe alt.obits or Findadeath. I'm not sure why I'd be so pleased to find out I'd corresponded with a serial killer, but I would.

It rings a bell with me too. I thought he may have been a member of Casebook, but it seems not. A StevenG is registered there though

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=4623&page=3

I really hope I'm never suspected of murder considering the sites I frequent.

The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs recorded a murder and it was posted online and is still available to see on certain sites. A recorded murder is called a "snuff" film, right? Or is that only for ones that also have a sexual element?

In hospital after a failed suicide attempt. It looks like a bit of an amateurish effort, but he'll have all the time in the world to perfect his technique.

He is probably gutted that, as far as serial killing goes, Derrick Bird has completely outclassed him.

Ven Pariah

They've removed it.

Ven Pariah

They've removed it.

Ah, that's a shame. I know he's a serial killer (allegedly) and therefore a very nasty piece of work, but, even so, I thought he had a fascinating selection of intended reading matter and films. One of the movies he wanted someone to buy him was David Lynch's classic "Lost Highway". The reason that caught my eye is because one of the more surreal scenes in this very surreal film involves the leading character, convicted murderer Fred, turning in to someone else (called Pete) overnight while in his prison cell, leaving his confused captors with no choice but to release him as they had no business detaining a man different to the one they had originally locked up. Anyway, later in the film, Pete metamorphoses back in to Fred again and continues on his merry way, before killing someone else. In light of Mr Griffiths' recent suicide attempt, I was wondering if he might have spent the last week trying to turn in to somebody completely different, failing miserably and then deciding to top himself, before failing miserably at that as well.

Pleads guilty, oddly enough. His wish list's back up, if you want to send him Killings: Folk Justice in the Upper South to read at his leisure over the next 40 years. Mind you, four suicide attempts and a hunger strike already...

Fears are growing that Stephen Griffiths, who hasn't eaten since November, will soon die of starvation. To pass the time in jail, he has also "swallowed batteries, tried to suffocate himself and slashed his wrist and neck with broken glass".

Fears are growing that Stephen Griffiths, who hasn't eaten since November, will soon die of starvation. To pass the time in jail, he has also "swallowed batteries, tried to suffocate himself and slashed his wrist and neck with broken glass".

Not mine, he can have the Duracells out of me' shaver, a Stanley knife and a roll of Clingfilm. If that's not enough, a box of rat poison, a pack of Paracetamol, a clothes line, some lighter fuel and a box of matches might help, all packed neatly into a "suicide, for the purpose of" hamper.

I also suggest a mobile phone link is opened between him and Lianne Smith.

Not mine, he can have the Duracells out of me' shaver, a Stanley knife and a roll of Clingfilm. If that's not enough, a box of rat poison, a pack of Paracetamol, a clothes line, some lighter fuel and a box of matches might help, all packed neatly into a "suicide, for the purpose of" hamper.

He's probably a good lad at heart really, Godot. He may have strayed from the path of righteousness, but he was living in Hull at the time, so he surely deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I also suggest a mobile phone link is opened between him and Lianne Smith.

Thing is with Lianne Smith is that she's probably on suicide watch 24/7. It's easy to prevent someone from doing something dramatic with a rope or a packet of sleeping tablets, but with human rights laws as they are. it's much harder to stop someone slowly starving themself to death. As discussed on the hunger strikers thread, it's damned hard work to go "all the way" and I wonder if Smith might struggle to show the same fortitude of spirit that perhaps Griffiths does when it comes to turning one's nose up at a mouthwatering lasagne when it is proffered in her direction.

Thought this was the Ipswich killer tbh.

Seen above. Hmm. Did that Liane Smith die in the end? She was everywhere in the news about ten years ago.