Paul Bearer

The Real World Cup

Actually - it doesn't really matter any more...

Moral of the story: Mention the war, they score four...

Exactly. It was of course a terrible decision by the officials but it wouldn't have changed the fact that England were shit. People's patriotism has amused me today - on my street, at least five houses had taken down their flags by the time I went outside after the match - some ten minutes. It's a fickle old game.

Exactly. It was of course a terrible decision by the officials but it wouldn't have changed the fact that England were shit. People's patriotism has amused me today - on my street, at least five houses had taken down their flags by the time I went outside after the match - some ten minutes. It's a fickle old game.

Oh I'm confidently expecting not to see a single flag on my way to work tomorrow morning...

Due to new government regulations on non skilled workers being allowed into the UK, the English team are now banned from entering the country.

Is there a game on today?

OK then.

Germany 2 England 2 (aet penalties 5-4)

Argentina 3 Mexico 1

Curse you deebubleya, I was seriously going to predict a 4-1 victory for Germany until I fell under your influence and changed my mind and went for the draw and penalties AET.

So, I won't be influenced again.

Tomorrows scores

Netherlands 3 Slovakia 2

Brazil 4 Chile 0

I daresay that Fabio Capello will be forced to resign now?

The players always find a way to blame their managers.

For a moment I had the idea we could take the Germans out - but not to give that goal was just to much to stomach.

In a way I thought the line-up was about as good as we could have put out but Fabio had most of the best players trying to do things that were contrary to what would be natural to them. This is the team the wife came up with prior to the Slovenian game and she put her finger very firmly on the fact that big fat Frank can't effectively play with Gerrard.

..................James

Johnson Terry Upson Cashley

Milner Carrick Barry JoeCole

...........Gerrard

....................Rooney

Netherlands 3 Slovakia 2

Close, but no dog-end.

Anyway, that wasn't too hard. Next station: Chile or Brazil, probably the latter. That will be hard.

regards,

Hein

Brazil 4 Chile 0

OOOOOOOoooooo sooooo close,

Tomorrows scores

Paraguay 1 Japan 3

Spain 1 Portugal 2

I'd just like to bid a sad goodbye to that £1 bet I had on a Chile v Slovakia final at 10,000 - 1. ^_^

This tournament looks like it is Brazil's to lose or win like often it is.

This tournament looks like it is Brazil's to lose or win like often it is.

Im not one to go licking the fecal matter from the Brazillian arsehole, unlike most commentators and pundits, the wankers! :angry:

The Argies will win it, fuck, even "Fatty boy" Maradonna is growing on me.

Brazil are not a patch on their 1970/1982 sides, but I've got them in the office sweepstake, so I'm with them all the way!

Predictions for 2nd July

Netherlands 2 Brazil 4

Uruguay 3 Ghana 1.

Predictions for 2nd July

Netherlands 2 Brazil 4

Uruguay 3 Ghana 1.

I hope you're as wrong with that one as you were with earlier predictions about the Dutch side.

regards,

Hein

Predictions for 2nd July

Netherlands 2 Brazil 4

Uruguay 3 Ghana 1.

I hope you're as wrong with that one as you were with earlier predictions about the Dutch side.

regards,

Hein

Me too, I might change it tomorrow, but I honestly cant see past Brazil in this one.

I bet Nadal sends Murray home from the Tennis...

I don't know anything about football, but I was glad to see Portugal lose last night. I don't like that cocky little shit Ronaldo.

I bet Nadal sends Murray home from the Tennis...

I don't know anything about football, but I was glad to see Portugal lose last night. I don't like that cocky little shit Ronaldo.

He's a winker! (and a cocky little shit).

DWB :angry:

Yes, it's a real shame as Portugal used to be one of my default teams to support, being England's oldest ally, 600 years+

Now I would like Holland to win it, but I think it will be Argentina.

Yes, it's a real shame as Portugal used to be one of my default teams to support, being England's oldest ally, 600 years+

Argentina can't win.

I don't like Maradona either. :angry:

Tomorrow's match against Brazil will be a toughy, it's true. Yet, I think the Dutch have a chance to beat them, be it less than a coin flip. If they can raise their game a bit and avoid losing the ball needlessly, they can play pretty much the same game as Brazil: defend and break. Not a pretty sight, but effective as long as they can keep patient. Of course I'm not looking forward to a penalty shoot-out, but I can imagine Brazil don't either. The Dutch scoring first would certainly help.

As an aside: the first World Cup match I saw live on TV was the Netherlands-Brazil match at the 1974 World Cup. I watched the match in the village pub of Bourscheid, Luxembourg, which was filled solid with Netherlands supporters.

At that time it was widely believed the Dutch would lose. The Dutch beat the incumbent champion 2-0 and made it to the final, which they lost to West Germany. It was a hard-fought match. Luis Pereira was sent off for a foul against Johan Neeskens. The pub trembled as if in an earthquake.

regards,

Hein

Yessssssss! Well done.

Tomorrow's match against Brazil will be a toughy, it's true. Yet, I think the Dutch have a chance to beat them, be it less than a coin flip.
I hope your right but i fear the worst. We will see.

I also would love to see Ghana beat Urugauy.

We did it!

Netherlands 2 - 1 Brazil

regards,

Hein