Sign in to follow this  
Vaagheid

Paul The Octopus

After Germany's losing match he recieved
and PETA wants him to be released.

On the bright side, i just heard on eurosport that the "oracle of Oberhausen" sees an orange victory in the near future.(So does Mani the psychic parrot of Singapore.)

Who'd send a death threat to an octopus...oh wait. :rolleyes:

Still trying to figure out the impetus for taking the time to actually remove every post of Vaagheid's.
Was that done by the Admins, or by Vaagheid.  If the former, they need help.  If the latter, he REALLY needed help.
SC 

Just now, Sir Creep said:

Still trying to figure out the impetus for taking the time to actually remove every post of Vaagheid's.
Was that done by the Admins, or by Vaagheid.  If the former, they need help.  If the latter, he REALLY needed help.
SC 

I'd assume that he removed it himself. He's not the only person who did that, Tempus Fugit also removed the vast majority of his early posts as well.

Wish they didn't its obnoxious.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I'd assume that he removed it himself. He's not the only person who did that, Tempus Fugit also removed the vast majority of his early posts as well.

I hadn't realized that.  I hadn't realized TF left the group for that matter.  
But still....what's the purpose of deleting old posts?  The personal time involved in doing so seems outrageous vs the satisfaction of the final result.  I mean, if you're moving on, move on.
SC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

SC 

The fact is SC, is that you need to lighten up, you take life too seriously, there is more to life than ice hockey.  Try stealing a farm.

• Haha 2

I did that a long time ago when i was still contemplating leaving this site (and might have had a bit to much to drink the evening when i removed my existance from this site). You are not missing a lot by not being able too read my old posts.

Why are we dredging up old threads that have not been relevant for 7 years.

• Like 4

Vaagheid removed his own posts, giving no indication why, afaik.  He has dropped in periodically since and still visits occasionally.

Oh, hi Vaagy!  Cross-posted.  Good to see you, don't be a stranger.

I done a 'predict the scores'  thread on the last World Cup. Is it worthwhile doing one for this year?  It was only for fun, so don't think you'll amas a fortune. 

Edit. Sorry folks. I didn't see MSC's post. 

• Like 3

That would be fun, especially since I would fail epically since I don’t really watch soccer football. :D 

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Mystic Marcus the Psychic Pig takes over the mantle: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5838417/Psychic-pig-Mystic-Marcus-sniffs-World-Cup-winner.html

New thread for his eventual decline into gammon steaks?

Mmmmm. Suddenly I feel like eating a Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich.

• Like 1

Hmmmm this bump and the PB thread reminds me of 4 years ago when I used an octopus to try and get the results.

I can find me mentioning it but posts seem to have been culled for whatever reason.

Got an octopus, put it in a smallish bin and got 3 predictions I put a score on.

England v Italy - Draw.

Mexico v Cameroon - Mexico

Spain v Holland - Draw.

Odds of 21/10, 21/20 + 9/4 so a twenty on it returns £413.08 at PaddyP's.....

10378961_782056595168432_116936677388062

• Haha 2

Sounds like that octopus was as accurate as Mystic Meg.

*randomly googles* She's 75 now, apparently.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, charon said:

Hmmmm this bump and the PB thread reminds me of 4 years ago when I used an octopus to try and get the results.

I can find me mentioning it but posts seem to have been culled for whatever reason.

Got an octopus, put it in a smallish bin and got 3 predictions I put a score on.

10378961_782056595168432_116936677388062

You do have moments of utter fucking genius.:lol:

• Like 1

Was close to worse on Sunday.

After DDT mentioning conger eels, I got a 12-14lb one in a creel, and honestly sat with it in the bottom of the boat going tits for about 3 minutes wondering if I could make it work.

Then convinced myself I like my fingers more and hoofed it with a garden hoe out into the water.

• Like 2