Sign in to follow this  
Catherine

Kay Walsh

Let me consult my detailed legal notes.

This looks like a site for troublemakers and should clearly be shut down. I shall write to Sir Ian Blair at once so he can get on television again.

Guest Marcus Walsh-Cuffe
Does anyone know how Kay Walsh is?

I would be grateful if anyone has officially heard of Ms.Walshs autobiography. I am certainly not aware that a book had come out.

If there are any details concerning her acting opposite Sir Alec Guinness please keep me informed.

It was,indeed,very sad for her fans to hear of her death and that the media did not take note of it.

She was a very nice lady with a "wicked" sense of humour.

Her passion for exotic foods made her a favourite hostess. She used to often cook for Sir Aec and his family.He was extremely fond of her and found her company unusually funny.

Any further information will be welcomed.

In what way is this site "sick"?

There are hundreds of sites similar to this one. Are you going to take legal action against all of these sites?

Btw very to hear that Kay Walsh has passed away too. Saw her in a couple of movies when I was a child.

She had a good and full life

Guest Jim E James

Kay Walsh was one of the true glories of 1940's & 50's British cinema: catch her as Queenie Gibbons in THIS HAAPY BREED, sensational as Celia Johnson's dissatisfied manicurist daughter Queenie who nearly ruins poor old Johnnie Mills' life but reforms just in time. She's also terrific in a small but key role in THE OCTOBER MAN,also with J.Mills - this time as Mollie Newman,strangled by a maniac on the common - "Gin and lemon? I'm afraid its all I've got".And as Marlene's vile maid,the blackmailer Nellie Good ("I don't care if you crawl home!") in STAGE FRIGHT - "Give me the bleeding Russians any day,dear!". Nellie likes the same tipple as poor Miss Newman -"Not too much bitter lemon,dear".

She is fabulous as Nancy in David Lean's OLIVER TWIST - she was then married to Lean and wrote some of the dialogue. Terrifying scene of her being beaten to death by Robert Newton while Sykes's dog goes mad at the door, trying to claw his way out.

In life she disliked Newton -"I cannot work with drunks!" - this was when I met her briefly at the Harrods cheese counter in 1994 . She was tiny and neat in a lot of beige serapes and scarves. She told me that when filming STAGEFRIGHT with Hitchcock in 1949 she'd been walking down the Kings Road with him when they were passed by a greengrocer on a bike - Hitchcock said"that mac he's wearing is just what you need for Nellie. Run after him,Katie and offer him 7/6d for it". She said:"But I got it for five bob!"

Once of the best screen entertainers we ever had and of a type that nowadays seem to be alas! extinct.

Guest Babe Blue
Question.

Who's Kay Walsh?

Guest babe blue

Best Kay walsh line (in any movie):

To Jane Wyman in STAGE FRIGHT 1950:

" That's very highly skilled work that is," viz. being Marlene's maid and dresser ;" You'd never get away with it".

Guest julia

I had the great opportunity of knowing Kay Walsh when I was a young impressionable girl. She came to stay with my family during Christmas of 1987 in Hong Kong.

She always wore wonderful scarves and shawls with beautiful strong colours and beautiful antique handbags with semi-precious gems and beads, of which I still have one given to me as a birthday present. She was the life and center of the parties and real fun even though she must have been in her seventies by that time.

When I came school in England she showed me the sights of london. Tea at the Ritz was an event to remember. Shopping was even more fun!!! She was a character and will be sorely missed!! I had not heard or seen her for years since she was a friend of my aunt's, who had passed away some years ago.

A wonderful and talented woman who will always be fondly remembered!!!!

THIS WEBSITE IS SICK. I AM TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST OWNERS.

Oh, how unoriginal.

Many have threatened, few have tried, none have succeeded.

Can't you spice it up a little with the promise of some illegal action we could look forward to instead?

(And don't shout next time.)

You forgot to mention the grammar mistake.

Sorry IYG, to which mistake were you refering? In Guest's or your post? :D

Never mind... :)

Hey, I'm on your side.

Fine, mock my English, see if I care. *sniff*

At times I miss IYG, but then I have a few scoops of ice cream and I get over it.

Oh, and I was wondering WHY the majority of posts in this thread were made by guests. Additionally, when looking at their writing style it seemed they may be all the same person. Anyone know anything about this?

Anyone?

What puzzles me is the way we get drive by - 'this website is sick' - ranters and then we get the likes of Julia clearly clued up enough to see what we're about who post totally positive things.

Nowt so strange as folk, eh?

Huh? Perhaps if you would indulge me in some ice cream I'd be better able to comprehend what NOWT means...

Huh? Perhaps if you would indulge me in some ice cream I'd be better able to comprehend what NOWT means...

Just a colloquialism for 'nothing', no ice cream needed to digest that I hope.

Bruno, please see here

Oh, how unoriginal.

Can't you spice it up a little with the promise of some illegal action we could look forward to instead?

Hey, I'm on your side.

At times I miss IYG, but then I have a few scoops of ice cream and I get over it.

Couldn't even imagine what a shot of Jack does for you.

Oh, how unoriginal.

Hey, I'm on your side.

I'm sure Bruno would bend over backwards for a shot of Jack's

Oh, how unoriginal.

Sorry IYG, to which mistake were you refering? In Guest's or your post? ;)

Never mind... :P

Hey, I'm on your side.

I could probably make him act like a circus clown. He would do cart - wheels and flips right before your eyes.

Oh, how unoriginal.

Hey, I'm on your side.

I could probably make him act like a circus clown. He would do cart - wheels and flips right before your eyes.

Just don't shoot me out of a cannon...unless there's some peppermint stick ice cream involved.

Oh, how unoriginal.

Hey, I'm on your side.

Just don't shoot me out of a cannon...unless there's some peppermint stick ice cream involved.

If it was a rainbow snow cone could I light you on fire?

If it was a rainbow snow cone could I light you on fire?

Um...I'd rather you didn't... Maybe soak me in raspberry sherbet though...

Guest peter thellusson
I was very sad to hear that the actress Kay Walsh has died. She was talented and hard-working actress. I treasure the DVDs and Videos I have that feature her. I hope that her memoirs, that I believe she was working on, will now still be published.

I to wish I known where her funeral was and when. I imagine it was possibly a few days after the day she died (she died on 16th April). But no details of her funeral have been published anywhere, that I could find.

I have just read the entry added by a carer who until recently worked at the home that Ms Walsh lived at. Would the staff at the home where Kay lived be able to give you any details about the funeral? And did you actually look after Kay, during your time there? It sounds as if you did. I just hope that her final days and years there were nice and peaceful.

I believe Kay adopted a daughter, and I wondered whether she was still alive.

If anyone knows anymore about this late, great actress I'd love to read it here.

RIP, Kay Walsh.

i went to the funeral in denham. she was buried on the same day as john mills...i am one of her sisters sons..

she died at the end from burns sustained in a fire at her flat in paddington having hung on for about a week.

death occured at kensington chelsea hospitle in the room were my mother and her daughter...she just faded away as they say.it was a nice funeral with about 30 of us and then lunch at the italian restaurant in the "high street"..glad to know you liked her work

Guest DJ

One report has Kay Walsh living at a nursing home at the time of her death. Another report has her living in a "flat" in Paddington.

Curious, no one seems to know very much about this mysterious fire that took her life...

RIP Kay.

Thread necrophilia at its finest. Or should that be....... at its most putrid?

Thread necrophilia at its finest. Or should that be....... at its most putrid?

Interesting reading though.

One report has Kay Walsh living at a nursing home at the time of her death. Another report has her living in a "flat" in Paddington.

Curious, no one seems to know very much about this mysterious fire that took her life...

RIP Kay.

Why did you put "flat" in inverted commas?