DevonDeathTrip

Michael Douglas

Have faith, the man may well have another 70 days in him, and a shit load of 2011 dead pool points to deliver. Remember, Alex Higgens looked that bad for a long time. Throat cancer slims you down above the collar line, putting years on you when photographed.

I'll trust the candid pap shots over the posed stuff any day. I'd say thin-neck, forced smile may equal borrowed time. A more useful test of his long-term health would be seeing the Liberace movie go into production with Douglas on set. For that to happen he'd have to be insurable, and that would mean a cynical insurance company being convinced he'd live long enough to shoot and - probably - promote the whole thing. Likely to take over a year at best.

Watch this thread...or summat.

Heard a news report today in which he's claiming an 80% survival chance.

Is this his best acting performance for many years?

80% is what the doctors were reportedly quoting at the outset. A certainty for 2011? Too soon to tell. Worth a bet? Maybe.

80% is what the doctors were reportedly quoting at the outset. A certainty for 2011? Too soon to tell. Worth a bet? Maybe.

A better candidate then Eli Wallach

Is that an 80% chance of making the next 6 months rather that the "oh so nice" fact that he can see all the cancer removed from his body, such that it won't be cancer that kills him? I feel the doctors are being too kind to him, and in the round, he has more like a 20% chance of surviving the next 5 years.

I guess he wasn't economically Viable anymore.... or there is no Dfens against this cancer. :_(

A father and son combo is exciting.... I bet Michael checks out first followed by Kirk around 6 months later.

Greed is good....greed for life....greed for cigarettes....oops..

Spartacus will outlive me...

Michael Douglas declares that he's almost certainly beaten throat cancer

Five months after revealing he was battling throat cancer and Michael Douglas says he is confident he has beat the illness.

Speaking in his first interview since finishing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment, the veteran actor, 66, said his tumour has now gone.

'The odds are, with the tumour gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat,'...

Michael Douglas declares that he's almost certainly beaten throat cancer

Five months after revealing he was battling throat cancer and Michael Douglas says he is confident he has beat the illness.

Speaking in his first interview since finishing chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatment, the veteran actor, 66, said his tumour has now gone.

'The odds are, with the tumour gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, that I've got it beat,'...

I'm happy for him, really, but... my theme team captain...!

then again - it still looks like he has all his hair - maybe they got the wrong dose or yet to give him his last treatment.

Ah well, there are plenty of other ways to go.

Good for Michael.

Oh well.

I guess the tabloids will now try to zero in on Aretha Franklin and Chuck Berry as the next major celebrity deathwatch.

And we can start watching Cassandra Jardine as well, always thoughtful when someone spells out exactly where they're at in their treatment. She could be...like...the next Tom Lubbock.

And we can start watching Cassandra Jardine as well, always thoughtful when someone spells out exactly where they're at in their treatment. She could be...like...the next Tom Lubbock.

That's the spirit!

This is kiind of weird having a father and son making the list.

Imagine if they were both offed travelling together

He's set to play Liberace in a biopic directed by Steven Soderbergh, which indicates they expect him to be around for a while. Presumably they won't be asking him to do much singing.

Given his past promiscuities he's quite lucky he didn't wind up like Liberace really. ;)