Grim Reaper

Tony Curtis

I'm not sure how all this got to be in this thread - looks a bit off topic to me. I must confess I was a bit nonplussed about the subject of the phone remarks by Brand and Ross. But after reading this it's all clear now. I put the link in for any other semi-detached non-celebrity watching posters like myself. She seems like a nice girl.

I still think Brand and Ross are tossers and should be banished to ITV daytime. I'm not keen on Russell Grant either but as far as I know he is a red herring. Or at least he was in The Vikings, a splendid film where Tony Curtis's magnificent Nordic features are perfectly cast as Eric the Viking who, among other things, survives crabs. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Isn't it funny though that this nothing story has dominated the headlines while the Labour/Tory/Russian yacht business has suddenly lost impetus?

Hmmm... :blink:

I'll second that 'Hmmmmm', with qualifications (ie it should have been the second item of the news for half a day)

Ah, but doesn't the media love talking to itself about itself ignoring the fact that most of us don't give a flying one either way who is going to have to resign.

I'll second that 'Hmmmmm', with qualifications (ie it should have been the second item of the news for half a day)

Let's compare filmographies:

Paul Newman

Somebody Up There Likes Me (Newman's breakout role)

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (great chemistry between Newman and Taylor)

The Hustler (a classic)

Hud (a winner)

Cool Hand Luke (another classic)

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (my favorite Newman flick)

The Sting (Best Picture winner)

The Towering Inferno (entertaining seeing two of my favorite 60s actors in one motion picture: McQueen and Newman)

The Color of Money (great performance by Newman)

The Road to Perdition (haunting classic)

Tony Curtis

Some Like it Hot (funny)

Spartacus (classic)

The Manitou (LOL)

Prime Target (LOLOLOL)

Center of the Web (actually decent B-movie)

Let's see ... Tony Curtis: PWN3D by Paul Newman

*snip*

...and who cares? Olivier blew them both out of the water.

Paul Newman

Somebody Up There Likes Me (Newman's breakout role)

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (great chemistry between Newman and Taylor)

The Hustler (a classic)

Hud (a winner)

Cool Hand Luke (another classic)

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (my favorite Newman flick)

The Sting (Best Picture winner)

The Towering Inferno (entertaining seeing two of my favorite 60s actors in one motion picture: McQueen and Newman)

The Color of Money (great performance by Newman)

The Road to Perdition (haunting classic)

Tony Curtis

Some Like it Hot (funny)

Spartacus (classic)

The Manitou (LOL)

Prime Target (LOLOLOL)

Center of the Web (actually decent B-movie)

You forgot The Boston Strangler...and the Hudsucker Proxy!

.....and Slapshot.

With all this talk, comparing Tony Curtis and Paul Newman, we seem to forget that we are discussing who is better at pretending to be who they are not. Did Paul Newman own a splendid hair piece? Was he in the Persuaders? Was he an Artist extraordinaire? There are hidden depths to this man. Also for DL purposes Mr. Curtis is still alive.

*snip*

Considering that Larry was Bisexual, im sure, given the chance, he would have loved to have blown them both out of the water... :rolleyes:

*snip*

Considering that Larry was Bisexual, im sure, given the chance, he would have loved to have blown them both out of the water... :rolleyes:

I think Mr Curtis swings both way too, or?

Shameless self-publicising again, claims in a story currently doing the rounds of the press that he was shagging Marilyn Monroe when they worked together fifty years ago and he got her pregnant.

Highly plausible IMHO. Two completely self-obsessed types as they were, it fell apart rapidly.

Tony Curtis has been in declining health for the past few years. He's definitely another major celebrity that should be on everybody's death watch for this year and the next couple (if he survives this year).

When I left the Navy, I used the GI Bill to get into the Dramatic Workshop, which was located at the President Theatre on Forty-eighth Street. Walter Matthau and Harry Belafonte were students there, too. We were all just trying to make it. Later on, I went out to California, and good things started happening for me. When I came back to New York to do a promotion for City Across the River, they gave me a suite at the Sherry-Netherland and a huge black limo. I took it around to show my buddies in the Bronx and then went by the Dramatic Workshop. It was a terrible, rainy afternoon, and who do I see out in front? Walter Matthau. He's got a long, heavy coat on with a Racing Form sticking out of the pocket, and he's looking down at the gutter. Here I am in this nice, warm limo. And there he is, this grumpy guy surrounded by a cold, miserable world. The look on his face says, "What's ever going to happen for me? Nothin'!" So I tell the driver to pull alongside him and stop. Now Walter's watching the limo. I roll the window down, look at him, and say, "I fucked Yvonne De Carlo!" Then I roll the window back up in a hurry and tell the driver to get the hell out of there.

Some Like It Cold.....

:P Got a real LOL from me Lardy.

According to Entertainment Tonight he's dead...

Some Like It Cold.....

jimmy_saville_470x347.jpg

Some Like It Cold.....

...which will be the pun in the next update!

Some Like It Cold.....

...which will be the pun in the next update!

Fame at last!

Windsor - are you trying to say that Jimmy likes 'em cold? I thought he liked 'em young.....

RIP Tony :lol:

Why was Tony not on the list?