Grim Reaper

Tony Curtis

RIP Tony :lol:

Why was Tony not on the list?

Because they didn't think he was going to die.

http://www.moviefone.co.uk/2010/10/06/tony...ith-his-iphone/

Tony Curtis was buried with his iPhone! - just in case?

Cut and Paste for the record:

The late great Tony Curtis, who died last week aged 85, was buried with his favourite possessions on Monday, at a public service in Las Vegas.

The items chosen included driving gloves, an Armani scarf and a Stetson hat (Curtis always was a bit of a dresser), as well as the novel 'Anthony Adverse' and, of course, his trusty iPhone. Over 400 people turned up to honour the Oscar-nominated actor's life.

The service opened with a montage of Curtis's movies, including his most famous roles in Some Like It Hot and Spartacus, as well as an animated appearance in The Flintstones. His daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis, paid tribute to the actor, joking that "[a]ll of us got something from him. I, of course, got his desperate need for attention."

Terminator and Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, also gave a speech, recalling how Curtis gave him help and encouragement early in his career. He also applauded Curtis's lack of fear and refusal to grow old gracefully. Referring to Curtis's naked Playboy shoot at the age of 80, Arnie said '[W]ho has the guts to take off their clothes at the age of 80?"

Paying final tribute to the much-loved star, whose career spanned over sixty years, the Rabbi leading the service said: "He is one of those greats of our culture and our society who you always knew, regardless of what character he was playing, that he was Tony Curtis."

The late great Tony Curtis, who died last week aged 85, was buried with his favourite possessions on Monday, at a public service in Las Vegas.

The items chosen included driving gloves, an Armani scarf and a Stetson hat (Curtis always was a bit of a dresser), as well as the novel 'Anthony Adverse' and, of course, his trusty iPhone. Over 400 people turned up to honour the Oscar-nominated actor's life.

The service opened with a montage of Curtis's movies, including his most famous roles in Some Like It Hot and Spartacus, as well as an animated appearance in The Flintstones. His daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis, paid tribute to the actor, joking that "[a]ll of us got something from him. I, of course, got his desperate need for attention."

Terminator and Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger, also gave a speech, recalling how Curtis gave him help and encouragement early in his career. He also applauded Curtis's lack of fear and refusal to grow old gracefully. Referring to Curtis's naked Playboy shoot at the age of 80, Arnie said '[W]ho has the guts to take off their clothes at the age of 80?"

Paying final tribute to the much-loved star, whose career spanned over sixty years, the Rabbi leading the service said: "He is one of those greats of our culture and our society who you always knew, regardless of what character he was playing, that he was Tony Curtis."

Anthony Adverse? Odd book to take to your grave. I'd take The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist, which, coincidentally, was the book chosen by Johnny Vegas this morning to take to his desert island. Anyone else have any favourite possessions, books etc, they'd take with them?

Also, just curious like: this Playboy spread: did he have his winkie on display? Or was it all very discreet? Can't imagine an 80-year-old winkie in Playboy would do much for circulation (even within the said winkie).

I would take my Raggedy Ann and Andy pillowcase, my copy of Good Omens, my Rangers jersey and my inflatable purple alien.

Of course, I'm being cooked and since I'm against book burning I'd have to settle for the jersey and the pillowcase. Somehow or another I suspect being cremated with a plastic alien would make quite a mess.

I would take my Raggedy Ann and Andy pillowcase, my copy of Good Omens, my Rangers jersey and my inflatable purple alien.

Of course, I'm being cooked and since I'm against book burning I'd have to settle for the jersey and the pillowcase. Somehow or another I suspect being cremated with a plastic alien would make quite a mess.

I'll bet, just ask the Jackson family.

Anthony Adverse? Odd book to take to your grave. I'd take The Ragged Trousered Philanthropist, which, coincidentally, was the book chosen by Johnny Vegas this morning to take to his desert island. Anyone else have any favourite possessions, books etc, they'd take with them?

Also, just curious like: this Playboy spread: did he have his winkie on display? Or was it all very discreet? Can't imagine an 80-year-old winkie in Playboy would do much for circulation (even within the said winkie).

I don't intend on taking anything - bar my secrets - to the grave. :)