Which TV programmes from the 80s make you come over all nostalgic? For me it was Cover Up, Wonder Woman and the A-Team; oh yes, and Bring 'Em Back Alive - I convinced myself that I was going to marry Bruce Boxleitner when I grew up, but he ended up getting hitched to that cow from The Little House On The Prairie! :)

I was born in 1987.

So none.

I don't actually remember any programmes specifically from the 80's with any sense of dewy-eyed nostalgia.

I spent the second half of the decade in the USA, so I particularly remember M*A*S*H, The Cosby Show, LA Law, Hill St Blues, Night Court, Family Ties, Growing Pains, Saturday Night Live, Cheers, WKRP in Cincinatti as programmes I watched regularly over there. Some I would watch again, others not a chance.

Anything featuring big shoulder pads was generally avoided.

[edit] Oh yes, on PBS, the 'top' British shows were (at various times) Dr Who, Blake's 7, Are You Being Served, After Henry, Upstairs, Downstairs, Three Up Two Down (or something - starred Michael Elphick anyway) and To Serve Them All My Days (On Masterpiece Theatre, introduced by Alastair Cooke).

Ah... Blakes Seven. A masterpiece.

The only programme worth remembering was the 12 Step Programme.

Other than the 'Who Shot JR' Dallas episode or Live Aid the television everyone will recall watching is the Challenger disaster in January 1986.

Massive ratings, beats me why they didn't make it an annual event.

I recently bought a dvd of Dear John (the series with Ralph Bates, Belinda Lang etc) as I remember finding it really funny as a kid, luckily it's still funny.

I'm not sure I understand the rcent love affair people seem to have with 80s fashion though, ugh.

Im only nostalgic about the early 80s, it all went shit after 1984.

Hill St Blues, I remember ( thats when I wasnt out on the piss and shagging ) which set the tone for most US modern day crime/Police type series. I still watch episodes now, if Im awake ( terrible sleeper) at 4AM..... :)

I recently bought a dvd of Dear John (the series with Ralph Bates, Belinda Lang etc) as I remember finding it really funny as a kid, luckily it's still funny.

I'm not sure I understand the rcent love affair people seem to have with 80s fashion though, ugh.

Yes, I caught a bit of that on Youtube a few months ago after watching the whole of 'Just Good Friends'...

I try very hard to forget the 80s...then my niece shows up in 80s "retro fashion" and makes me puke. At which point I go to bed and sleep it off.

I spent most of the 80s in a self induced fog - except for nine months of it. Other than that, I was not on the same plane of reality with everyone else.

Im only nostalgic about the early 80s, it all went shit after 1984.

Hill St Blues, I remember ( thats when I wasnt out on the piss and shagging ) which set the tone for most US modern day crime/Police type series. I still watch episodes now, if Im awake ( terrible sleeper) at 4AM..... :)

Hill St Blues was one of my dad's favourites - problem was, my mum couldn't stand it, she would have much preferred to be glued to one of those costume dramas, which she still loves. I can recall - vaguely - something called A Horseman Riding By, which she followed religiously.

To be fair The Tube still ranks as one of the better music shows. Did a lot to break down barriers between types of music, they'd think nothing of combining acts like Ozzy Osbourne and Paul Young on the same show. French and Saunders got started there, though they were desperately unfunny most of the time,

To be fair The Tube still ranks as one of the better music shows. Did a lot to break down barriers between types of music, they'd think nothing of combining acts like Ozzy Osbourne and Paul Young on the same show. French and Saunders got started there, though they were desperately unfunny most of the time,

They haven't changed, then :)

• Like 1

Oh I dunno,

was quite funny.

I can relate to

:)

I can relate to
:)

I think it was Ben Elton who, during one of his routines on the Beeb, coined the phrase "Wankwatch"

Ive never called it anything else, in my head, since.

The Tube was an epic show. I used to come home from work on a Friday, have my bath and din, dins and then watch it while getting ready to go out on the lash. :)

Eighties kids' programmes were so much better than the crap watched by kids nowadays, especially the cartoons. The animation was a hell of a lot better - most of todays animation looks as if it's been drawn by toddlers with ADHD.

CBS Drama has been showing every episode of Dynasty recently. I'd forgotton just how horrendous the acting was.....

Mind you I did get up to season 7 before giving it up. :P

It was utterly shit, but I used to love Knots Landing. William Devane was such a bad good baddie!

It was utterly shit, but I used to love Knots Landing. William Devane was such a bad good baddie!

I used to watch that too. The on/off affair between Devane's character and Paige Matheson - played by Nicolette Sheridan was , in my view, vomit inducing, though!

Which TV programmes from the 80s make you come over all nostalgic? For me it was Cover Up, Wonder Woman and the A-Team; oh yes, and Bring 'Em Back Alive - I convinced myself that I was going to marry Bruce Boxleitner when I grew up, but he ended up getting hitched to that cow from The Little House On The Prairie! :lol:

Out about the same time as Bring Em Back was Tales of the Gold Monkey, used to love it but could never figure out what all the fuss was about Jake the dogs' glass eye! then there was Airwolf with deadpool tease Jan-Michael Vincent and our own Ernest Borgnine. Cop show had to be Dempsey & Makepeace, mmmmmmmm Glynis Barber (I still would!!!).

Two other programmes that I loved but noone seams to remember were The Adventure Game (with Moria Stuart as a shape shifting dragon from the planet Arg) and Now Get Out of That hosted by Bernard Falk.

Two other programmes that I loved but noone seams to remember were The

Adventure Game (with Moria Stuart as a shape shifting dragon from the planet Arg) and Now Get Out of That hosted by Bernard Falk.

I remember both of them OSP. Didn't the adventure game have one of Dr Who's assistants on it? Buggered if I can remember her name, I think it was the one that played Ace, (During Silvester McCoys incarnation).

NGOOT, I remember there was a yank on it on the first episode, and there were 4 bikes and only 7 wheels (or 5 bikes and 9 wheels, you get the idea). Upon which the yank decided to do all the running rather than sharing a bike.

Glynis Barber? Maybe I'm being a bit shallow, but I don't think I would.

Adventure Game (with Moria Stuart as a shape shifting dragon from the planet Arg) and Now Get Out of That hosted by Bernard Falk.

I remember both of them OSP. Didn't the adventure game have one of Dr Who's assistants on it? Buggered if I can remember her name, I think it was the one that played Ace, (During Silvester McCoys incarnation).

NGOOT, I remember there was a yank on it on the first episode, and there were 4 bikes and only 7 wheels (or 5 bikes and 9 wheels, you get the idea). Upon which the yank decided to do all the running rather than sharing a bike.

Is The Adventure Game the one where they would walk across the floor with squares that lit up?

Is The Adventure Game the one where they would walk across the floor with squares that lit up?

There was a floor of coloured squares that they had to cross by working out a code but the bit that put the wind up me was the "vortex" at the end. HCW I know the girl you are thinking of, I don't think it was Ace but they did look like each other.

NGOOT was evil like that, I remember one time there was a sort of jigsaw map, they would get a new piece after each challange so by the time they got the whole map the game was over!! :lol: