Sign in to follow this  
Grande Pablo

Danny Baker

Feel like he probably merits a specific thread.

His statement for those not on Twitbook

Mmm, doesn't say what kind of cancer. Cancer of the gob?

Simple, he should just break off his friendship with Chris Evans!

I'd hazard a guess that it's a very bad diagnosis. Chemotherapy + Radiotherapy - Surgery = :D.

Uh oh. A member of the early 80s NME brigade, along with a certain Wells and Quantick.

Batten down the hatches.

That statement, for those who can't be bothered to click away from this site. Positive in suggesting the quacks will 'soundly thrash' his cancer. On the other hand, if you had a very limited time to go, I'd wager that Tommy Steele box set would make it seem like a very long time indeed.

"Hello cats and kittens,

Apologies for the cloak and d. over recent weeks. However as it appears this is going to continue for the forseeable I really ought to offer up some sort of breadcrumbs trail as to what's going on. (As you know I am queasy about introducing vulgar real life onto the vaudeville stage so let's keep this crisp.)

After a pretty mouldy diagnosis about a month back I finally begin chemotherapy on Monday with further radiotherapy from January. Yes radiotherapy; can you beat it? This being so, the old treehouse baggy pants will be donned but sparingly. Once the quacks have soundly thrashed this thing I shall return like a rare gas and as if out of a trap. In the meantime I am watching Tommy Steele box sets (and has there ever been a more lying title to a film than TS's "It's All Happening"?) and urge you all to keep yakking up a storm and laugh extra loud at the incumbents.

Thank you for all the best wishes and concern from those who suspected as much about my "condition" and by all means keep ringing up Baylen and Amy to demand more and more Atomic Rooster and Spooky Tooth records.

So. Manly handshake. Walk right on. In the words of King George, "What what and there it is..."

DB"

I'd hazard a guess that it's a very bad diagnosis. Chemotherapy + Radiotherapy - Surgery = :D.

This is just it DDT. No sign of what type of cancer - I'm sure last week it was eluded too, but not taken beyond that, that Baker had said he was likely "to resemble a patchwork quilt very soon", as he was not able to continue his Saturday morning 5 live radio show for the time being. But it's the main question we should all be asking - what type? and what progression?

I'm sure he will beat any minor cancer but is it a nasty one and very far gone?

From the Mirror:

Danny's agent, Alex Armitage, refused to reveal the type of cancer but said the 53-year-old was "in really great spirits and doing well".

Yeah, he's dying.

From the Mirror:

Danny's agent, Alex Armitage, refused to reveal the type of cancer but said the 53-year-old was "in really great spirits and doing well".

Yeah, he's dying.

You can't say that yet - just look at how well John Hartson has been doing. And Lance Armstrong has been to the edge and back. It's not a done deal. These days there is a world of difference between liver, testicular and colon cancers.

I say - you get on with it Danny - more power to your fight.

The Daily Star thinks he's got throat cancer.

Ah, gob then.

Perhaps it's cancer of the arse.

I mean Farah Fawcett wasn't shouting it from the rooftops, perhaps he's being reticent for similar reasons.

I know someone who knows Danny.......and they're quite positive about his survival chances. So I'm not counting him just yet.

As Christian O'Connell started another run of "sitting-in-for" Danny Baker this morning he said that he "had spoken to Danny a few weeks before Christmas and asked him how he was doing" - answer coming back was quite positive. But this period of recovery does look at least to be another another two months before he is back behind the mike. Of course he wished him all the best and hoped for his full recovery.

Can't find Danny Baker on here anywhere? I'm new to site tohugh so perhaps I just didn't do the search right or I should be posting somewhere else?

He's back at work so should last this year but he won an award last night so surely somebody thinks he's going to die soon?

Can't find Danny Baker on here anywhere? I'm new to site tohugh so perhaps I just didn't do the search right or I should be posting somewhere else?

He's back at work so should last this year but he won an award last night so surely somebody thinks he's going to die soon?

Thanks for redirecting this post to the proper place.

See that the guesses back in November were Throat or Arse - with Danny Baker that seems rather appropriate, perhaps the excess of talking sh1t has caused it?

Oi Grim

You're giving a misleading impression of us northerners with your poor spelling.

It's grim OOP North, OK?

Oi Grim

You're giving a misleading impression of us northerners with your poor spelling.

It's grim OOP North, OK?

That's more of a north west pronunciation MPFC, just as anyone from Lancashire would pronounce look as lewk. In Yorkshire, the county that that put the Grim in fairy tales, book is buck and look is luck. Equally a bus is never a buzz as it is in Salford. Eddie Wareing, a Dewsbury lad, would indeed stray towards the "oop" in pronouncing "up and under" but he was probably influenced by Lancashire posh. He did have his effete side, dressing in stripey blazers for It's a Knockout. Wessies definitely use a gutteral "uh" pronunciation in "up". So "Whatsup withee?" would not sound like "what's oop?" To talk that way would be to invite a smack in the mouth for acting like a pansy. "I'm going for a sup and sum grub in t'pub," would therefore sound just so and not: "I'm going for some soup and some fewd in the poob." Newbody talks lahk that arrand 'ere.

Oi Grim

It's grim OOP North, OK?

I must be a posh northerner then? Actually I don't think OOP is how West Cumbrians say UP - maybe farming community - are you a farmer?

Note that being from Maryport you're not disputing that it's grim! Do you have day trips to Cleator Moor and Sellafield??

I think its Maryport where they've spent about £20 million making the harbour area look nice (think that is the photo you are using?) - bit of a shame that the rest of Maryport looks like Danny Baker's arse/throat!

There are a few places in West Cumbria could have their own Death List - Cleator Moor (survives thanks to Brannans Thermometers and not much else), Prospect (should be renamed No Prospects), Aspatria (survives thanks to Sealy Beds and not much else) - I'm sure you could add to this list.

Danny on the One show tonight. Looked healthy enough.

Glad to hear him back in his Saturday morning slot on Radio 5. I hope he appreciates that by including him in my DDP picks I have probably increased his chances of survival.