Phantom

Your Least Impressive Celebrity Encounters

If I might bask in some reflected glory, my little brother will be strolling down the red carpet and trying to get off with Angelina in a couple of weeks, as he's been Oscar-nominated for Best Animated Short Film for the coffintastic This Way Up.

Should he win, there will be absolutely no self-lacerating bitterness or murderous envy on my part whatsoever.

He's one of these two cleverclogs. I got all the looks, obviously.

If he's the one on the right I'd do him.

Aye me too. Not bad, not at all

Why do I get the impression that if a poll were started among the DL ladies about 'arry's brother with the options of 'I would' or 'I wouldn't' that the 'I wouldn't' button would be fairly redundant, being a paragon of virtue and noticing he was wearing a wedding ring, I would be the only one that said no, take away the ring though..........................

Seriously though 'arry, good luck to him, I really hope he wins :D . I thoroughly enjoyed his film, nice to see he is following in the family tradition of 'death', any chance he can work the DL into his Oscar winning speech?

Did Harry actually confirm that the one on the right was his brother though? I wouldn't, on both counts, for the record.

I have written a few short films myself and I hope to expose them at some point in the future. However, I have higher priorities. The mindset has to be "expecting nothing for something". It's just about sending a message, that's all.

I reckon you know as much about writing Films as I know about sexing Siberian Hamsters.

You old fraud.

I have written a few short films myself and I hope to expose them at some point in the future. However, I have higher priorities. The mindset has to be "expecting nothing for something". It's just about sending a message, that's all.

I reckon you know as much about writing Films as I know about sexing Siberian Hamsters.

You old fraud.

I've heard that your hung like a siberian hamster, so i look forward to seeing Banshees nominated for Best Short Film at the Oscars next year.:rolleyes:

Banshees, come and have a fight with me in the drunk thread, I miss you.

My claim to fame ----------------------------------------- This is post number 125000 :rolleyes:

My claim to fame ----------------------------------------- This is post number 125000 :rolleyes:

That would be a moderator's "in-joke" then. (possible post number 125009-ish) :lol:

It wasn't that long ago that I claimed the 100,000 post.

I'm still waiting for my prize. :lol:

The US Postal Service wouldn't let the DL commitee send you Banshee in the mail, so you'll have to make do with a couple of grams of Columbia's finest.

If you haven't received it by now, you might want to nip down to your local police station and let them know someone's nicked your shipment of blow. Be sure to let us know how you go.

The US Postal Service wouldn't let the DL commitee send you Banshee in the mail, so you'll have to make do with a couple of grams of Columbia's finest.

If you haven't received it by now, you might want to nip down to your local police station and let them know someone's nicked your shipment of blow. Be sure to let us know how you go.

Ten or so years ago, my flatmate went to Colombia and mailed back about 15 envelopes each containing a couple of grams to false names at different friends' addresses, with their permission. About half of them arrived without a hitch while the other half either went missing :lol: or they received a 'can you please come and collect this' letter. I don't believe anyone was dumb enough to follow this suggestion.

So, the postal service/customs did a half-decent job. Which half, of course, depends on your viewpoint.

The US Postal Service wouldn't let the DL commitee send you Banshee in the mail...

Was there any rule against just posting his head? :lol:

Guest US Postal Service

The US Postal Service wouldn't let the DL commitee send you Banshee in the mail...

Too big for standard head delivery box, maximum permitted 2ft x 2ft.

Too big for standard head delivery box, maximum permitted 2ft x 2ft.

There's always UPS. What can brown do for you?

On the subject of fraternal / filial whatnot, my little sister has a long playing record out next week. Available at most remaining record shops or more likely illegally via Limewire or Torrent Bay, mumble,moan,grumble etc.

Which one is your sister on the cover?

On the subject of fraternal / filial whatnot, my little sister has a long playing record out next week. Available at most remaining record shops or more likely illegally via Limewire or Torrent Bay, mumble,moan,grumble etc.

That wouldn't be another case of Letch-inaires disease there would it Phantom?

That wouldn't be another case of Letch-inaires disease there would it Phantom?

Nah, I still have a soft spot for Anjali of The Voodoo Queens

I once got a cab back to civilisation from a Warp allnighter near the Millennium Dome with the bloke out of Lamb, you know.

Can anyone top this?

Edited by heaven can wait
Threads merged

My grandmother's cousin's grandson is perennial second-tier clogger and somehow former England U21 captain Riccardo Scimeca.

Hi

I once had lunch in a resturant on the table next to where Malcolm Mclaren was having his, he was even having the same Chinese £6 lunch buffet as me. . . .

Well I found it very exciting but I supose I would.

Best regards

Syd

Is this what you were looking for?

I was on the next table to Fred Trueman many moons ago enjoying a Gourmet Dinner (7 courses and accompanied by fine wines). He was loud and loquacious which was fairly annoying in itself, but after the second course he lit his pipe and continued to stoke it up for the rest of the evening.

Apart from that most celebrities give me a wide berth.

I sat beside Jordan Findlay for a term in my S6 English class in 2005.

(He is apparently an up and coming golfer).

I once got a cab back to civilisation from a Warp allnighter near the Millennium Dome with the bloke out of Lamb, you know.

Can anyone top this?

My niece stood behind Tim Minchin in a shop queue in Taunton.

I wasn't there though.

Chatted with Davina McCall a while back at some do, didn't know who she was, still don't, but somebody said after she was on telly so I suppose she counts as a celebrity.

Met Father Christmas when I was a kid. He let me sit on his knee and hold his magic wand. I think that's what it was.

• Like 2

My story, I'm sorry to say, has to centre on Snooker player, Willie Thorne. I was out on the pull with a new girlfriend, circa 1996 and we decided to go to a Mexican resturant (a very plastic one, in Leicester, on one of those nasty industrial shopping development areas). And lo-and-behold who was sitting at the next table - yerh! you guessed it that Willie Thorne bloke off the telly snooker stuff. You know what - he was having a cheap meal too, in a cheap plastic Mexican resturant, just like me like!

Except I've never been back and I guess he never leaves the place, or a tip.

Very off putting to see a minor celeb' when you should be checking the size of tits this cracking new bird has!

My story, I'm sorry to say, has to centre on Snooker player, Willie Thorne. I was out on the pull with a new girlfriend, circa 1996 and we decided to go to a Mexican resturant (a very plastic one, in Leicester, on one of those nasty industrial shopping development areas). And lo-and-behold who was sitting at the next table - yerh! you guessed it that Willie Thorne bloke off the telly snooker stuff. You know what - he was having a cheap meal too, in a cheap plastic Mexican resturant, just like me like!

Except I've never been back and I guess he never leaves the place, or a tip.

Very off putting to see a minor celeb' when you should be checking the size of tits this cracking new bird has!

RA! I'm shocked! I didn't have you down as being a potty-mouthed totty-ogler like the rest of the DL male population!