Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2011

I've submitted both regular an theme teams this year, both of which I'm convinced will perform better than last year's entry. I've kept 6 survivors from last year, as I don't believe they can perform any worse.

I've submitted both regular an theme teams this year, both of which I'm convinced will perform better than last year's entry. I've kept 6 survivors from last year, as I don't believe they can perform any worse.

I'm pretty sure my team will do pretty pants this year - not that this years team was a raging success.

I was thinking about entering a theme team, but was unsure if there was a specific way of entering.

Once I've sent the e-mail does that mean I'm in? Just wondering in case I was meant to get a confirmation e-mail or something? :P

I'm pretty sure my team will do pretty pants this year - not that this years team was a raging success.

I was thinking about entering a theme team, but was unsure if there was a specific way of entering.

Same method as your regular team, but let TMIB know its a theme team - at least thats what I did!

Same method as your regular team, but let TMIB know its a theme team - at least thats what I did!

Yes, let me know if you are entering a theme team as I'm devising a spin off league in 2011. The teams will still be part of the overall picture, but there

will be a page devoted to theme teams...

I'm putting you all in the picture as to the next few days:

Next email will come on January 2nd or so to close off 2010 and reveal the winner (OoO is crossing fingers!)

Don't expect anything out of me for another week as I'll be piling through the entries. Not sure if there'll be a record year but with 24 hours to go, the

signs are that there'll be as many. So I have a lot of work to do in the next 10 days. I haven't had as much time as I did last year so I have a lot to do, so no

"when's the lists coming up" business on something like January 4th! But by 'eck there are some interesting picks, where do you all get them from?

In the meantime, have a Happy New Year! :P

I'll be finalizing my main team in the next few hours. Its looking good and Im really excited.. :D ..! I've been trying to get some friends to join the ddp, but most of em think its weird. :P There are a few who were interested. I dont know if theyve entered already or if they dont really care that much.. Ill have to talk to them again before deadline.

I too have now submitted my teams for both the DDP and Wormfood Bingo and will update my signature in the next few days (just so nobody copies my "wonderful" selection...ahem...)

I'll be trying to persuade some of our houseguests at our annual Hogmanay Binge tonight to have a punt at this, so MIB, you may receive some more entries in the wee small hours...

I too have now submitted my teams for both the DDP and Wormfood Bingo and will update my signature in the next few days (just so nobody copies my "wonderful" selection...ahem...)

I'll be trying to persuade some of our houseguests at our annual Hogmanay Binge tonight to have a punt at this, so MIB, you may receive some more entries in the wee small hours...

They have untill 11am GMT 1st January (Midnight at Midway!) and even then, I'll have to be in a good mood to let them in :P

Of course, Deathlist automatically enter their team at the stroke of midnight with the top twenty of tonights 50 syphoned off...

I'm in and I've sacked all 14 of my survivors from this year's team due to their woeful lack of dedication to the cause.

That's harsh!

I'm far too superstitious to do that, though I did move one of them over to the theme team.

A few last minute adjustments to the team sheet and it's in. Last one to be pulled out of the squad was Ruth Bader Ginsburg who's naturally disappointed given her promising symptoms, but she failed to deliver in 2010 so I've sent on Elizabeth Taylor in her place. Taylor's been in such good form of late it's hard to keep her out of the side but she really needs to score this time.

Just submitted my team sans a terminally ill 12 pointer, which may mean that I end up back in the pack again this round. Ah well.

I havent yet gotten email confirmation for my main team... I got one for my theme team though. :P uneasy :D

Alright. It's all settled, MIB.

I'm ready - are all of you?

Ready to pop some corks and watch them drop!

So I'm guessing everyone will be keeping their teams close to their chests until 11am tomorrow? :P

So I'm guessing everyone will be keeping their teams close to their chests until 11am tomorrow? :D

Indeed :P

Hoping for 2 unique picks, one of which is a guaranteed obit and death, just praying no-one else has discovered said person!

Exactly you may never know Remebmber it is not yet 2011 all over the world yet

Exactly you may never know Remebmber it is not yet 2011 all over the world yet

I can't wait...See new signature

Nothing too exciting in my list, so I don't have a problem listing it now:

Claude Choules

Aretha Franklin

Abdelbaset Al Megrahi

Debbie Purdy

Francoise Larribe

Harlan Ellison

Kathy Kirby

Margaret Fish

Margaret Thatcher

Michael Douglas

Penny Marshall

Rosie Kilburn

Yao Defen

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Kim Jong-il

Ariel Sharon

Fidel Castro

Nelson Mandela

Ray Bradbury

Nick Courtney

Shift, Locked, and ready to roll. Here's my team.

The End of the World as we Know it

Abdelbaset Al-Megrahi

Ronnie Biggs

Fidel Castro

Michael Douglas

Aretha Franklin (Joker)

Annette Funicello

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Rev. Billy Graham

Christopher Hitchens

Geoffrey Hughes

Etta James

Barbara Kent

Penny Marshall

Isabel Peron

Helmut Schmidt

Yitzhak Shamir

Ariel Sharon

Elizabeth Taylor

Margaret Thatcher

Windsor the Troll

1. Al Megrahi

2. Sihanouk

3. Penny Marshall

4. Dame Elizabeth Taylor

5. Queen Fabiola

6. Aretha Franklin

7. Lady Margaret Thatcher

8. Dorothea Puente

9. Harlan Ellison

10. Tariq Aziz

11. Ronnie Biggs

12. Professor Robert Edwards

13. Zsa Zsa Gabor

14. Geoffrey Hughes

15. Hosni Mubarak

16. Dom Minoff

17. Diana Wynne Jones

18. Robert Salmond

19. Helmut Schmidt

20. Christopher Hitchens

Blonde Ballers

1Adelbaset al-Megrahi

2Liz Dawn

3Chuck Berry

4Johannes Heesters

5Stefano Borgonovo

6Margaret Thatcher

7Oswald Morris

8Billy Graham

9Anne Francis

10Olivia DeHavilland

11Alfredo Di Stéfano

12Charles Durning

13Fats Domino

14Alex Forbes

15Bryan Forbes

16Peter O'Toole

17King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz

18Lauren Bacall

19Zsa Zsa Gabor

20Sid Caesar

I haven't had my confirmation yet, but sent at 20:30 last night so I'm sure it'll be a day or 2 before I do.

Anyhoo here's my team, not a lot of thought given to it but a few wildcards in there for fun.

Dead Last? Dead Right!

Amy Whitehouse

Rip Torn

Clive Dunn

Dick Cheney

George Bush Snr

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Peter Falk

Roger Corman

Dick Van Dyke

Richard Attenborough

Jack Klugman

Paul Gascoigne

Prince Philip

Hugh Hefner

Michael Douglas

Aretha Franklin

Patrick MacNee

Patrick Moore

Nick Courtney

Lindsay Lohan

It's still too early for late-entering swines to copy a few unique entries but I'll confirm of the 10 survivors of the 2010 team;

Al Megrahi, Bryan, Neilson & Shamir remain

d'Oliviera, Caesar & Echeverria just missed out for reasons of age whilst Andrea, Mears & Wynne have been dropped for their shameful efforts.

It's a more convential team so Franklin, Wynne-Jones, Hitchens, Funicello, Mintoff, Edrich, G HUghes & M Douglas are all in there, as is Habgood & Clive Derby-Lewis.

My Theme Team is The Terry Fenwick etc. XX - I have high hopes of a strong theme team performance.

As its past the deadline (and its already posted in the Deathrace thread) I can now reveal my selections:

1 Sir Eldon Wylie Griffiths - Sports Minister, Heath Government

2 John Bardon - EastEnder

3 Asil Nadir - Fugitive

4 Sheila Mercier - Emmerdaler

5 Gerald Harper - Adam Adamant (Dies)

6 Dudley Simpson - Composer (Dr Who etc)

7 Peter Wyngarde - Jason King

8 Margaret Thatcher - Spawn of Satan

9 Peter O'Toole - Actor

10 Emile Ford - Singer, with the Checkmates

11 Pete Murray - DJ

12 Tony Book - Footballer, Manchester City Manager

13 Mansoor Ali Khan - Indian Cricket Captain, 9th Nawab of Pataudi

14 Dora Bryan - Actress

15 I M Pei - Architect

16 John Glenn - Astronaut

17 Nosher Powell - Hardman/Stuntman

18 Jimmy Young - DJ

19 Basil D'Oliveira - Cricketer

20 Francis Matthews - Captain Scarlet

Sub1 'Ginger' McCain - Racehorse Trainer

Sub2 Peter O'Sullevan - Racing Commentator

Sub3 Lord 'Dickie' Attenbrough - Film Luvvie

This my 'times up team', and I expect a lot more action from them this year. There are 6 survivors from last year.

I've also entered a theme team, consisting of 20 Rons, Ronnies or Ronalds, called " ...and its goodnight from him, and him, and him, and him, and him, and him , and him, and him, and him, and him, and him, and him, and him, and her, and him, and him, and him, and him, and him, and him."

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals:

1. Stefano Borgonovo

2. Michael Dokes

3. Harlan Ellison

4. Aretha Franklin (joker)

5. Zsa Zsa Gabor

6. “Superstar” Billy Graham

7. Michelle Harte

8. Christopher Hitchens

9. Bob Holness

10. Mick Karn

11. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

12. Brian Lenihan

13. Princess Lilian of Sweden

14. Nat Lofthouse

15. Rajo Devi Lohan

16. Tom Lubbock

17. Yitzhak Shahmir

18. Audrey Totter

19. Eric Tovey

20. Diana Wynne Jones

Dokes, Tovey, and Totter were all my attempts at uniques.... we'll see.