Sign in to follow this  
themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2011

I see my hit has been awarded. Thanks, bro.

=138 isn't impressive, but there are teams who needed three corpses for the same score, so my chances of winning are better than theirs. Of course I'm in the same batch who scored with Ballasteros. I still wake up in the middle of the night every now and again on that oversight.

There are still seven months left in 2011.

regards,

Hein

Whoa. Hold up. I thought a joker's hit doubled your total score.

:(

So, it would appear, is Ronald Hardy.

Sadly, it seems he died in 1991.

..and about bloody time.

Cheers! :smiley_f:

That came out on 23rd July, but I used all sorts of combinations and couldn't find it on Google. Just shows it's not infallible...

MAK "Tiger" Pataudi, one of India's greatest cricket captains and one of the last people to hold a royal entitlement in the nation, has died at 70.

I do believe I have a hit. Unique too! :champagne:

MAK "Tiger" Pataudi, one of India's greatest cricket captains and one of the last people to hold a royal entitlement in the nation, has died at 70.

I do believe I have a hit. Unique too! :champagne:

If ever proof were needed of the necessity for punctuation:

Pataudi became the country's youngest national captain at the age of 21, months after being involved in a car crash which damaged his right eye.

Can't help but notice the most recent update ignored the death of elderly Canadian actress Frances Bay, who died on September 15th.

Can't help but notice the most recent update ignored the death of elderly Canadian actress Frances Bay, who died on September 15th.

I've updated the pages now after a discreet email. I totally forgot about her! No obit...

American civil rights leader Fred Shuttlesworth has died aged 89. A unique pick for Tentoesup if the right obit comes through.

Some of you (perhaps all of you) may not have got the whole title of the latest email. The last pun concerning Steve Jobs was "If a Job's worth dying, it's worth dying well..." :(

This won't happen next year...

Hey MiB I was just looking back at the 2010 comp and I like how you made the "lost" hits' pictures red. A more visually appealing way of indicating that theyve died. Good idea

Hey MiB I was just looking back at the 2010 comp and I like how you made the "lost" hits' pictures red. A more visually appealing way of indicating that theyve died. Good idea

Yea, there's tons to do! :)

Yea, there's tons to do! :wacko:

I haven't taken part in this before , would like have a go next year will you be posting a new thread nearer the time or do we just send the 2012 names to the email you put in your first message in this thread?

Yea, there's tons to do! :wacko:

I haven't taken part in this before , would like have a go next year will you be posting a new thread nearer the time or do we just send the 2012 names to the email you put in your first message in this thread?

Yeah, pretty much. The nomination period begins in about 6 weeks so watch this space...