Grim Reaper

Bob Godfrey

Is this the bit where some pedantic w***er comes along and says "Actually the show was just called 'Roobarb'"?

(This probably is the most interesting pick on this year's 50, although my generation probably remembers him for from "Henry's Cat". My first ever bank account for putting my pocket money in as a nipper came with a Henry's Cat piggy bank)

He's on my DDP. I know he has mobility problems and I did hear he has some breathing problems too.

He's on my DDP. I know he has mobility problems and I did hear he has some breathing problems too.

How far away were you? :o

Is this the bit where some pedantic w***er comes along and says "Actually the show was just called 'Roobarb'"?

(This probably is the most interesting pick on this year's 50, although my generation probably remembers him for from "Henry's Cat". My first ever bank account for putting my pocket money in as a nipper came with a Henry's Cat piggy bank)

awww I loved Henry's Cat!

Not really sure why he is on the list.

He's old and for many of us on here, he's an iconic person.

I think in the next year or two we should start seeing Michael Bond making an entrance on the list.

Sad news and so soon after Richard Briers too. I remember seeing a short documentary on Godfrey and how he sought to emulate Briers' style of narration from Roobarb when he narrated Henry's Cat.

Even though I wasn't familiar with his work (Roobarb was never in the US to my knowledge) it's always a shame to hear of an animator's death

Don't forget Noah and Nellie either.

"All aboard the Skylark!"

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Bad week for Rhubarb with Briers and Godfrey both gone within days,and also a bad week f or deathlist.Should have been hit no 4. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

Guest Guest

So the animator and narrator have both gone, that leaves creator and writer Grange Calvely (69) and Johnny Hawksworth (89)who wrote the theme tune. Wonder who'll be next.My moneys on Hawksworth

Why is the front page being updated with his death? He's not on the list this year.

Here's an old BBC programme about Bob Godfrey. The OP's suggestion is that it dates from the early 70s, which seems about right.

Part 2