Grim Reaper

Bob Dole

Bob Dole.

• Like 2

He seems to be crossing his fingers with good luck that he stays alive! Either that or he is apart of the lucky gang.

18 hours ago, the_engineer said:

He seems to be crossing his fingers with good luck that he stays alive! Either that or he is apart of the lucky gang.

Or he is keeping his fingers crossed to finally call him

• Like 1

Can't see him making 2019 judging by that photo.

He looks terrible. The skeletal hands remind me of Maureen O'Hara at the Oscars.

Just now, gcreptile said:

He looks terrible. The skeletal hands remind me of Maureen O'Hara at the Oscars.

O'Hara died a couple months after hitting 95, wouldn't be surprised if Dole did the same.

I originally thought that he would have to have more hospitalizations before he dies. But I’m starting think now that he looks very frail that his next hospitalization could very well be his last one...

He looks like he will be a popular choice for the Deathlist Cup in Feb

Maybe they're giving him this award now as they know he doesn't have long left. Seemed very much like a celebration of his life.

Just hit me if 2018 ends up a Dem wave it could be brutal year for the GOP both electorally and with notable party figures dying. 5 GOP names on the DL this year and only Kissinger seems in okay health (but still quite old).

Has anything like that happened before? Gerald Ford died in a Dem wave year and Robert Byrd in a GOP wave year. But those were only one name.

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Just hit me if 2018 ends up a Dem wave it could be brutal year for the GOP both electorally and with notable party figures dying. 5 GOP names on the DL this year and only Kissinger seems in okay health (but still quite old).

Has anything like that happened before? Gerald Ford died in a Dem wave year and Robert Byrd in a GOP wave year. But those were only one name.

However even if one of the former presidents dies we may still end the year with the same number of former presidents.

7 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Apparently the following noteworthy Democrats died during the 2010 GOP wave year: Joe Biden’s mum, John Murtha, Charlie Wilson, Stewart Udall, Willard Wirtz, Ike Andrews, Thomas Ashley, Robert Byrd, Juanita Kreps, Dan Rostenkowski, Owen Pickett, Elizabeth Edwards, Richard Holbrooke.

However, only Holbrooke, WIlson (due to the film) and maybe Byrd had any notoriety here, and nothing on the likes of Dole, McCain, Kissinger and the Bushes.

In fact, trying to think of Democrat equivalents, I get stuck after Obama, Bill and Hilary, and Jimmy Carter... Oh, maybe Madeleine Albright, I remember her on the news a lot in the 90s, but a bit out of view now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Apparently the following noteworthy Democrats died during the 2010 GOP wave year: Joe Biden’s mum, John Murtha, Charlie Wilson, Stewart Udall, Willard Wirtz, Ike Andrews, Thomas Ashley, Robert Byrd, Juanita Kreps, Dan Rostenkowski, Owen Pickett, Elizabeth Edwards, Richard Holbrooke.

However, only Holbrooke, WIlson (due to the film) and maybe Byrd had any notoriety here, and nothing on the likes of Dole, McCain, Kissinger and the Bushes.

In fact, trying to think of Democrat equivalents, I get stuck after Obama, Bill and Hilary, and Jimmy Carter... Oh, maybe Madeleine Albright, I remember her on the news a lot in the 90s, but a bit out of view now.

Walter Mondale, Al Gore, John Kerry....

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Walter Mondale, Al Gore, John Kerry....

I was thinking Deathlist age (and Obama!) but fair point!

5 hours ago, msc said:

Ah yes, forgot about Holbrooke. A major incumbent diplomat so certainly counts in my view.

20 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Ah yes, forgot about Holbrooke. A major incumbent diplomat so certainly counts in my view.

To be fair, when this kind of thing counts as a significant for a celebrity deathpool in your view, that's not really an endorsement of him being a major anything...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-42745531

Side-effects of using too much v i a g r a? ( he was their spokesperson for many years.)

https://www.elizabethdolefoundation.org/statement-of-senator-robert-dole-and-senator-elizabeth-dole-on-the-passing-of-former-first-lady-barbara-bush/

This is the statement Bob Dole and his wife Elizabeth issued a few days ago in reaction to Barbara Bushs passing but did he attend the funeral? 

I know not too long ago he met the newly appointed Secretary of state at his confirmation hearing because his account tweeted a photo of the occasion. 

6 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.elizabethdolefoundation.org/statement-of-senator-robert-dole-and-senator-elizabeth-dole-on-the-passing-of-former-first-lady-barbara-bush/

This is the statement Bob Dole and his wife Elizabeth issued a few days ago in reaction to Barbara Bushs passing but did he attend the funeral? 

I know not too long ago he met the newly appointed Secretary of state at his confirmation hearing because his account tweeted a photo of the occasion. 

I didn't see him at the funeral

• Thanks 1

I think he'll live through the year. He is looking very skinny though, wouldn't bet money on it. 

9 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Looks jaundiced and noticeably skinnier than the last pic we saw. But if he's still out in public I reckon he has a few months or years left, he looks fairly good for a 94 year old.

I thought he already looked thinner the last time we posted a picture of him here. Honestly, I thought he had cancer, which is why I picked him in everything since then.

• Like 1