The Bob Dole thread

#2 USFuneralDirector

USFuneralDirector

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Bob Dole is a moderate to strong choice for DL and a really good first time pick. He will be 88 in July 2011 and in the past few years has had his share of health problems: abdominal bleeding surgery in 2001, hip surgery in 2005 (along with bleeding of the brain), heart problems & leg surgery in 2009. But 2010 brought him a 9 month hospital stay in Washington D.C. for knee surgery and 3 bouts of pneumonia. His health is obviously failing; seriously. As a former congressman & senator, 1976 Republican VP candidate & 1996 Republican pres candidate, his death would warrant a degree of public attention and media coverage.

#3 USFuneralDirector

USFuneralDirector

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

He's back in the hospital.

http://www.nebraska.....asp?S=13804596

#4 PiL

PiL

Pointless Ranter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

unidentifiable illness is always a good sign (for us).

I'm sure he'll last until around september though at least, and could even make it to 2012 and beyond.

#5 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6518 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'm sure he'll last until around september though at least, and could even make it to 2012 and beyond.

Released from hospital.

His people are saying that the problems were nothing serious.

Shadow List 2017

Leah Bracknell, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Buzz Aldrin, Greg Gilbert, Jim Bowen, Billy Graham, Clive James, Glen Campbell, Robert Mugabe, Steve Sumner, Liz Dawn, Donald J. Trump, Olivia de Havilland, Jimmy Snuka, Richard Wilson, Sean Connery, Gerald Kaufman, Pruella Scales, Stephen Hawking, Desmond Tutu, Mario Soares, Duke of Edinburgh, George H. W. Bush, Dick van Dyke, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Banks, Paul Gascoigne, Lady Saltoun of Abernethy, Ian Brady, Valerie Harper, Lord Snowdon, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, King Michael of Romania, Stuart Hall, Eileen Derbyshire, Leslie Phillips, Keith Richards, Hosni Mubarak, Jalal Talabani, Grand Duke Jean, Dame Vera Lynn, Rolf Harris, John Williams, Giorgio Napolitano, Pope Benedict XVI, Jimmy Grieves, Bob Dole, Peter Sallis, Hugh Hefner, Kirk Douglas.​

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 7/50, 2016: 10/50, 2017: 3/50.

#6 The Miser

The Miser

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

Released from hospital.

Back in with fever...maybe serious.

http://content.usato...hospitalized-/1
2008 DDP: 15th place. 2009 DDP: 25th place. 2010 DDP: 12th place. 2011 DDP: 12th place; 2012 DDP: 6th place. 2013 DDP: 15th place.
2014 DDP: 3rd place.

DEATH be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadfull, for, thou art not so,
For, those, whom thou think'st, thou dost overthrow,
Die not, poore death, nor yet canst thou kill me.

#7 Falkekopf

Falkekopf

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Bob Dole fever!

DDP 2016 Team - Dance On Your Grave

Howard Marks - Martin Crowe - Valerie Harper - Prince Phillip - Baron Bramall - Olivia De Havilland - Lord Peter Carrington - Caroline Aherne - Rev Billy Graham - George Blake - Peter Sallis - Nik Turner - Cliff Michelmore - Tony Booth - Geoffrey Bayldon - Muhammad Ali - Zsa Zsa Gabor - Denis Nordon - Tommy Chong - Clive James

#8 Windsor

Windsor

LFN Hunter

• Members
  • 6518 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

Released from hospital.

Back in with fever...maybe serious.

http://content.usato...hospitalized-/1

Out of hospital again.

He should be shaking all about now. Lets hope its a seizure...

Shadow List 2017

Leah Bracknell, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Buzz Aldrin, Greg Gilbert, Jim Bowen, Billy Graham, Clive James, Glen Campbell, Robert Mugabe, Steve Sumner, Liz Dawn, Donald J. Trump, Olivia de Havilland, Jimmy Snuka, Richard Wilson, Sean Connery, Gerald Kaufman, Pruella Scales, Stephen Hawking, Desmond Tutu, Mario Soares, Duke of Edinburgh, George H. W. Bush, Dick van Dyke, Henry Kissinger, Gordon Banks, Paul Gascoigne, Lady Saltoun of Abernethy, Ian Brady, Valerie Harper, Lord Snowdon, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, King Michael of Romania, Stuart Hall, Eileen Derbyshire, Leslie Phillips, Keith Richards, Hosni Mubarak, Jalal Talabani, Grand Duke Jean, Dame Vera Lynn, Rolf Harris, John Williams, Giorgio Napolitano, Pope Benedict XVI, Jimmy Grieves, Bob Dole, Peter Sallis, Hugh Hefner, Kirk Douglas.​

2009: 13/50, 2010: 10/50, 2011: 9/50, 2012: 15/50, 2013:16/50, 2014: 10/50, 2015: 7/50, 2016: 10/50, 2017: 3/50.

#9 JR976evil

JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1877 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:09 PM

He asked me to pass on this personal message;

"Bob Dole would like to express how flattered Bob Dole is over being included in the 2011 Deathlist. Bob Dole think's that Bob Dole is an inspired choice, and that Bob Dole will do everything in Bob Dole's power to ensure that Bob Dole does not fail the Deathlist and it's devotees.

Bob Dole feels that Deathlist is an honourable and democratic institution, by the people for the people and Bob Dole is truly honoured to be a part of it. Bob Dole's sole regret is that Bob Dole will not be able to share the Deathlist celebrations of Bob Dole's passing, but that Bob Dole will be there in spirit (or possibly as a spirit).

Yours sincerely,

Bob Dole"

#10 USFuneralDirector

USFuneralDirector

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

http://www.nationalj...fid=site_search

Here is a recent interview with Dole, conducted by National Journal. It states he is back at "work". But look at the photo and listen to the recording of the interview, his voice sounds very haggard and almost out of breath. This man could still a successful DL bet for 2011.

#11 chicago103

chicago103

Sniper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

Today is Bob Dole's 88th birthday. He was Gerald Ford's running mate in 1976 and was present at the former president's funeral in 2006 however he was not at the recent funeral of Betty Ford, perhaps a sign that his health is failing.
U.S. Presidential death trivia expert. If you want to know how a president died, what their last words were if any and details about their final days and funerals I am your man.

#12 notaguest

notaguest

Shipman

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

Today is Bob Dole's 88th birthday. He was Gerald Ford's running mate in 1976 and was present at the former president's funeral in 2006 however he was not at the recent funeral of Betty Ford, perhaps a sign that his health is failing.

he's not been well at all lately.Spent most of last year in hospital I think.He shouldnt be taken off the list put it that way
I was thrown off this forum for posting too many interesting and entertaining posts,thus embarrassing less imaginative posters than myself.If you feel this is not fair or democratic and indeed infringes my basic human rights under the United Nations laws please let the moderators and admin know.Thanks.

#13 bubblebobbler

bubblebobbler

Morbid interest

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

he's not been well at all lately.Spent most of last year in hospital I think.He shouldnt be taken off the list put it that way

it's a common mistake for people to think someone should be taken off of the list just because their ill health isn't publicised as much as someone elses
glad that's not happening here

#14 Octopus of Odstock

Octopus of Odstock

Post twunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3844 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

I'm not on my normal computer for the time being so I haven't got the link (I do apologise), but on Google News there's numerous mentions of Bob Dole at a event to name a bypass (car, not heart) in his honour.
On one, a Kansas news one, there's even a video to assess the Dolester.

Frail? Yes. In a wheelchair or unable to stand for a long time? Yes. Looking older? Yes. About to die... well, I'm no expert at these things, but I don't think so... not on his current health. Any more issues though and I don't think he'llbe able to fight much more.

#15 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • 6155 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

I'm not on my normal computer for the time being so I haven't got the link (I do apologise), but on Google News there's numerous mentions of Bob Dole at a event to name a bypass (car, not heart) in his honour.

The Bob Dole Bypass to Hell, I presume.

Oh wait, it's around Hutchinson, KS. I guess it's the Bob Dole Bypass around Hell then.

regards,
Hein

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#16 Death Impends

Death Impends

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1942 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

In hospital again

DDP Team: Thomas Jefferson Survives (2017 - Wayne Barrett, Tony Booth, Leah Bracknell, Charles Bradley, Paul Briggs, Errol Christie (J), Sara Coward, Gord Downie, Rayya Elias, Steve Hewlett, Colin Meads, King Michael, Catherine Nevin, Julia Perez, Simon Ricketts, Mark Sims, Peter Skellern, Stefan Karl Stefansson, Joost van der Westhuizen, Paul Van-Zandvliet 2/20)

DDP History: (2016 - 16/20, 4th place) (2015 - 12/20, 3rd place) (2014 - 7/20, =12th place) (2013 - 11/20, 4th place)

Personal 50:
King Michael, June Foray, Sumner Redstone, Olivia de Havilland, Kirk Douglas, David Rockefeller, Herman Wouk, Morton Sobell, Billy Graham, Jerry Maren, Mario Soares, Vera Lynn, I. M. Pei, Jim Lovell, Prince Philip, Bob Dole, Glen Campbell, Jim Leavelle, Chuck Yeager, Francoise Gilot, George H.W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Peter Sallis, Ingvar Kamprad, Jean Grand Duke of Luxembourg, Gershon Kingsley, Carol Channing, Jacques Chirac, Bart Starr, Clive James, John Paul Stevens, Pope Benedict XVI, Glynis Johns, Desmond Tutu, Fats Domino, Joanne Woodward, Monty Hall, Helmut Kohl, Robert Mugabe, Mikhail Gorbachev, James McCord, Gaston Glock, Roger Bannister, Stefan Karl Stefansson, Jim Nabors, Mary Tyler Moore, Bruce Langhorne, Wilford Brimley, Stan Lee, Jerry Lewis (1/50)

#17 adrian0719

adrian0719

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

In hospital again

Aide to Bob Dole says he's doing "very well." To be discharged tomorrow. Definitely a toss up for my list next year...

DDP: I will not die, it's the world that will end!: Mark Sims, Sara Coward, Val Kilmer, Tony Booth, Gay Byrne, Steve Sumner, Simon Ricketts, Greg Gilbert, Stefan Karl Stefansson, Sir Colin Meads, Leah Bracknell, Sir John Hurt, Jimmy Snuka, Nobby Stiles, Gord Downie, Charles Bradley, Ian St. John, John Wetton, Errol Christie, Mohammed Reza Shajarian

DDP Theme Team: List of the Last: Emma Morano, Violet Brown, Clint Hill, Jerry Maren, Betty White, Mikhail Gorbachev, Prince Gholam Reza, Nancy Olson, Eddie Robinson, Jane Withers, Arthur Smith, John Cruickshank, Benjamin B. Ferencz, G. Gordon Liddy, Jean Kennedy Smith, Bambi Linn, Donald “Nick” Clifford, Neus Catala, Walter Cunningham, Michael I of Romania

Shadow List 2017:  George H.W. Bush, Rev. Billy Graham, Kirk Douglas, Ernest Hollings, Leontyne Price, Sylvia Miles, Penny Chenery, Shelly Berman, Oscar Wyatt, Abdoulaye Wade, Barbara Sinatra, Georgia Holt, Helmut Kohl, Harris Wofford, Steven Sondheim, Robert Evans, Zbigniew Brezezinski, Brent Scowcroft, Henry Kissinger, F. Lee Bailey, Maggie Griffin, Peggy Pope, Kate Murtagh, Maxine Cheshire, Ingvar Kampard, Arte Johnson, Edie Windsor, Prem Tinsulanonda, Jeanne Little, Della Reese, Jimmy Carter, Robert Mugabe, Glenn Campbell, Annie Glenn, Norman Lear, Carl Reiner, Mel Broooks, George P. Schultz, Jacques Chirac, Lee Iacocca, Anna Chennault, Frances Sternhagen, Mario Soares, Hugh Hefner, John Rigas, Sumner Redstone, Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg, Joe Jackson, I.M. Pei, Monica Vitti

#18 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:38 PM

He will be dead within a year.That's a fact.

#19 Guest_gcreptile_*

Guest_gcreptile_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Former US Senate majority leader Bob Dole hospitalized.

http://www.dailymail...spitalized.html

#20 JR976evil

JR976evil

I Need To Get A Life!

• Members
  • 1877 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:42 PM

He will be dead within a year.That's a fact.

Sounds distincty possible, should definitely be reinstated for the official DL next year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users