Grim Reaper

Bob Dole

well there goes his mental health only a while now before it comes out that he is suffering from Alzheimers.

Well, given that Dole is a Republican. Which Republican candidate do you think he would be better of endorsing?

I wonder who both former President Bush's are going to endorse now that Jeb has quit.

Bob Dole still very active and giving an interview to Newsweek:

http://europe.newsweek.com/bob-dole-donald-trump-cruz-explain-your-letter-431828?rm=eu

He is losing his eyesight and will undergo medical tests soon. He shows up daily at his law firm. He endorses Marco Rubio after Jeb Bush's departure. They actually ask him whether he believes that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac killer...

Now that he is the only remaining Republican candidate, who else would Dole support? Perhaps Bernie for the LOLs? And why would people care about whom a 93 year-old, senile unsuccesful presidential candidate supports?

Now that he is the only remaining Republican candidate, who else would Dole support? Perhaps Bernie for the LOLs? And why would people care about whom a 93 year-old, senile unsuccesful presidential candidate supports?

The same reason there was news stories concerning who Neil Kinnock supported in 2015.

Some Republicans (e.g. Paul Ryan and the Bushes) don't support Trump.

Some Republicans (e.g. Paul Ryan and the Bushes) don't support Trump.

Horse feathers! As already stated, who else would they support?

SC

SC

It's an option to support nobody by not voting. Some countries have the option to enter an empty ballot, which essentially works as a "none of the above" option, but I guess that doesn't work in the US.

SC

It's an option to support nobody by not voting. Some countries have the option to enter an empty ballot, which essentially works as a "none of the above" option, but I guess that doesn't work in the US.

I see naivete is working well in the UK

SC

There are more than two countries in the world, you know.

• Like 1

Now that he is the only remaining Republican candidate, who else would Dole support? Perhaps Bernie for the LOLs? And why would people care about whom a 93 year-old, senile unsuccessful presidential candidate supports?

It's notable because the only two former Republican presidents still breathing, as well as the other two failed Republican nominees have all refused to endorse Trump. And however old, or potentially senile, Bob Dole, he is one of the true elders if the Republican party. His endorsement, or lack thereof, is significant in the civil war currently engulfing the Republican party.

SC

Gary Johnson??

SC

In Nevada you can vote none of the above. Often times on Presidential or Midterm elections in the Us when they show Nevada results it will show None of the above % below whatever the Democrat or Republican has. In the other 49 states you can absoutely leave any race on the ballot blank if you do not want to vote Democrat,Republican or a 3rd party candidate. Often times when they show vote totals in the Presidential race for a state and the Senate race the numbers are slightly higher for one or the other so sometimes people indeed leave votes blank out of not liking the options it's just not reported %5 of voters choose blank.

Bob Dole is attending the republican convention and he looks much better than I thought he would .He was even able to stand up for a few seconds, with some help. His hands were a bit claw like though. Reckon he'll last a few years yet !

Hmmm....I couldn't decide. He did look pretty good for 93 (better than Bush Sr. at a similar age) but the way they had to yank him out of that chair when Mrs Trump saluted him was pretty rough. And he couldn't lift his arms above chest height. He's one of those...could go next year, might make it to 100. Don't think he'll go in 2016 though.

I also watched when Melania Trump saluted Bob Dole- and they dragged him up out of his chair into a standing position- I don't think he looks too good at all! Still, he made it there! I think he could easily go in the next year or so- not much more than that! But if he lasts until 2017 he definitely should go on next year's list!

I also watched when Melania Trump saluted Bob Dole- and they dragged him up out of his chair into a standing position- I don't think he looks too good at all! Still, he made it there! I think he could easily go in the next year or so- not much more than that! But if he lasts until 2017 he definitely should go on next year's list!

Would the election of Donald Trump to a job Bob Dole so desperately wanted for all the right reasons deal a fatal blow to Dole's health?

Would the election of Donald Trump to a job Bob Dole so desperately wanted for all the right reasons deal a fatal blow to Dole's health?

No.

probably not but the election of Donald Trump will probably finish off quite a few people !

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGWFyseeOm8:Froma couple of weeks ago.Sounds slow and looks a little frail but pretty good for 93.He says George Bush senior is suffering from many health issues.

It seems likely that George HW Bush will die before Bob Dole.If he's still alive at th e end of next year he'll be the longest lived US President in history. Somehow I doubt he'll make it that far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGWFyseeOm8:Froma couple of weeks ago.Sounds slow and looks a little frail but pretty good for 93.He says George Bush senior is suffering from many health issues.

It seems likely that George HW Bush will die before Bob Dole.If he's still alive at th e end of next year he'll be the longest lived US President in history. Somehow I doubt he'll make it that far...

I agree that Bush Sr appears be in worse health than Dole. On the other hand, I do not know of anything terminal (like cancer) affecting him, so with a bit of luck and good medical care, he could linger on for a while. He might even break Ford's longevity record by a couple of weeks, like Ford did with Reagan's record.

He looked in reasonable nick for his age at the RNC, until he got a name check from one of the speakers and one of the guys behind him forced him to his feet!