Grim Reaper

Bob Dole

On 25/09/2020 at 01:19, CoffinLodger said:

Bob Dole has been hired as an adviser to Armenia so must be in much better  health than we thought ! http://asbarez.com/197004/bob-dole-to-assist-armenia-in-strategic-talks-with-u-s/

Well this came in handy quicker than expected, since Armenia is now basically at war.

Perhaps worth noting that according to the StarTiger autograph community, he's still signing loads of stuff, and returning them within the space of 1-2 weeks generally.

Why do I mention? Well I've been a member on that site for a few years now and generally when people are at the end, they're not returning anything. Correspondence fails or things are returned unsigned to the sender, but he's signing loads of stuff. May be an indication that he's not quite ready to go just yet and will see 2021.

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Perhaps worth noting that according to the StarTiger autograph community, he's still signing loads of stuff, and returning them within the space of 1-2 weeks generally.

Why do I mention? Well I've been a member on that site for a few years now and generally when people are at the end, they're not returning anything. Correspondence fails or things are returned unsigned to the sender, but he's signing loads of stuff. May be an indication that he's not quite ready to go just yet and will see 2021.

I'm a big believer in the rapid descent between "no longer able to reply to fan mail" (read - not "doesn't want to") and death. Little Richard is a big example this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

I'm a big believer in the rapid descent between "no longer able to reply to fan mail" (read - not "doesn't want to") and death. Little Richard is a big example this year.

Precisely. I rarely sign in to StarTiger nowadays. I should maybe be checking it more often for some DL intel.

Just having a browse right now actually. Actress Pat Carroll stands out to me. Religiously signed and returned things up until September (albeit with a shakey hand). Four failed attempts since then from auto hunters. Not "officially" retired but last role was in 2018. Hmm...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Precisely. I rarely sign in to StarTiger nowadays. I should maybe be checking it more often for some DL intel.

Just having a browse right now actually. Actress Pat Carroll stands out to me. Religiously signed and returned things up until September (albeit with a shakey hand). Four failed attempts since then from auto hunters. Not "officially" retired but last role was in 2018. Hmm...

Jeremy Bulloch, of Boba Fett Star Wars fame, is no longer signing anything. At the last signing he did, at his home, he looks much older now. It's hard to judge by photos but it seemed more if a strain than just a few years back

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1613384572135349&id=317979738342512&set=a.639512109522605&source=48 There are more photos, none that flattering, further down the FB page. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Jeremy Bulloch, of Boba Fett Star Wars fame, is no longer signing anything. At the last signing he did, at his home, he looks much older now. It's hard to judge by photos but it seemed more if a strain than just a few years back

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1613384572135349&id=317979738342512&set=a.639512109522605&source=48 There are more photos, none that flattering, further down the FB page. 

This upsets me dearly. Big original trilogy fan here. :(

Trying to see what others I can spot. No surprises that Eugene Wright, 97, of the Dave Brubeck Quartet stopped signing anything in 2016.

Tom Conti and Jack Nicklaus seem to have suddenly stopped recently too. Hmmm. Nicklaus had COVID in March, talked about in July. He is 80. I wonder if it's had a lasting effect?

Conti last appeared on screen early 2019. Interviewed in September 2019. Can't see anything since.

Hmmm...

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Trying to see what others I can spot. No surprises that Eugene Wright, 97, of the Dave Brubeck Quartet stopped signing anything in 2016.

Tom Conti and Jack Nicklaus seem to have suddenly stopped recently too. Hmmm. Nicklaus had COVID in March, talked about in July. He is 80. I wonder if it's had a lasting effect?

Conti last appeared on screen early 2019. Interviewed in September 2019. Can't see anything since.

Hmmm...

Tom Conti is fine and still acting https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/iain-glen-will-young-royal-windsor-season_52559.html

To be fair, there's not been much for elderly actors to do over the last seven months or so. 

More on Bulloch's lack of signing here. https://www.google.com/amp/s/starwarsautographnews.com/2020/04/02/jeremy-bulloch-no-longer-signing-through-the-mail/amp/

The fact he doesn't say he is stopping but his wife does on his behalf and the fact his website  hasn't been updated for two years makes me fear the worst. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Hmmm...

Nicklaus is still active on social media, even in video form on Twitter.  Think he's OK for now.  

• Like 1

bigger chance bob shoots someone elses face of instead of him croaking this year

• Haha 1

On 13/10/2020 at 05:45, MrWonderful said:

Nicklaus is still active on social media, even in video form on Twitter.  Think he's OK for now.  

Did his usual ceremonial tee off at the Masters this morning - he's not in immediate danger (Arnie Palmer just sat and watched a year or two before he passed). Big fan of his legendary golf exploits, his recent support for Trump...less so.

It just occurred to me that we haven't seen his wife in a while, Elizabeth Dole, now 84 years old, and a former Senator as well.

Recent ad from a few weeks ago, he looks fine in this video but who knows it may have been filmed a while back.

Is he going to the Inauguration of Biden/Harris today?

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Is he going to the Inauguration of Biden/Harris today?

If he did he would be dead in 2 weeks ! (If he isn't anyway).If the covid didn't get him the cold would.Looks bloody freezing in Washington ! 

On 04/12/2020 at 08:53, RedDeadRedemption said:

I just looked him up and gawd Damn he looks so frail. 

The headline should be when he goes  

Bob Dole In The Hole.  

Bob Dole has been claimed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

Bob Dole has been claimed?

Bob Dole has been claimed by the Hole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Bob Dole has been claimed by the Hole.

Dole signed off? 

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

showscan_php.jpeg.e91661e749f49107345e1f25822c4148.jpeg

Still returning hand signed fan mail according to StarTiger. Hand doesn't look too shaky either. Could he see off this year?

If there’s one thing Bob Dole can write it’s Bob Dole. Bob Dole was never shy in mentioning Bob Dole when Bob Dole was campaign for Bob Dole. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

On 02/02/2021 at 19:07, DCI Frank Burnside said:

I’m half Armenian so I like Bob Dole.

On 04/12/2020 at 03:53, RedDeadRedemption said:

I just looked him up and gawd Damn he looks so frail. 

The headline should be when he goes  

Bob Dole In The Hole.  

He doesn’t look too frail but still he’s in a wheelchair.