Jump to content
Grim Reaper

4. Bob Dole

Recommended Posts

On 25/09/2020 at 01:19, CoffinLodger said:

Bob Dole has been hired as an adviser to Armenia so must be in much better  health than we thought ! http://asbarez.com/197004/bob-dole-to-assist-armenia-in-strategic-talks-with-u-s/

Well this came in handy quicker than expected, since Armenia is now basically at war.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps worth noting that according to the StarTiger autograph community, he's still signing loads of stuff, and returning them within the space of 1-2 weeks generally.

Why do I mention? Well I've been a member on that site for a few years now and generally when people are at the end, they're not returning anything. Correspondence fails or things are returned unsigned to the sender, but he's signing loads of stuff. May be an indication that he's not quite ready to go just yet and will see 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Perhaps worth noting that according to the StarTiger autograph community, he's still signing loads of stuff, and returning them within the space of 1-2 weeks generally.

Why do I mention? Well I've been a member on that site for a few years now and generally when people are at the end, they're not returning anything. Correspondence fails or things are returned unsigned to the sender, but he's signing loads of stuff. May be an indication that he's not quite ready to go just yet and will see 2021.

 

I'm a big believer in the rapid descent between "no longer able to reply to fan mail" (read - not "doesn't want to") and death. Little Richard is a big example this year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, msc said:

 

I'm a big believer in the rapid descent between "no longer able to reply to fan mail" (read - not "doesn't want to") and death. Little Richard is a big example this year.


Precisely. I rarely sign in to StarTiger nowadays. I should maybe be checking it more often for some DL intel.

Just having a browse right now actually. Actress Pat Carroll stands out to me. Religiously signed and returned things up until September (albeit with a shakey hand). Four failed attempts since then from auto hunters. Not "officially" retired but last role was in 2018. Hmm...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:


Precisely. I rarely sign in to StarTiger nowadays. I should maybe be checking it more often for some DL intel.

Just having a browse right now actually. Actress Pat Carroll stands out to me. Religiously signed and returned things up until September (albeit with a shakey hand). Four failed attempts since then from auto hunters. Not "officially" retired but last role was in 2018. Hmm...

 

Jeremy Bulloch, of Boba Fett Star Wars fame, is no longer signing anything. At the last signing he did, at his home, he looks much older now. It's hard to judge by photos but it seemed more if a strain than just a few years back

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1613384572135349&id=317979738342512&set=a.639512109522605&source=48 There are more photos, none that flattering, further down the FB page. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

 

Jeremy Bulloch, of Boba Fett Star Wars fame, is no longer signing anything. At the last signing he did, at his home, he looks much older now. It's hard to judge by photos but it seemed more if a strain than just a few years back

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1613384572135349&id=317979738342512&set=a.639512109522605&source=48 There are more photos, none that flattering, further down the FB page. 


This upsets me dearly. Big original trilogy fan here. :(

Trying to see what others I can spot. No surprises that Eugene Wright, 97, of the Dave Brubeck Quartet stopped signing anything in 2016.

Tom Conti and Jack Nicklaus seem to have suddenly stopped recently too. Hmmm. Nicklaus had COVID in March, talked about in July. He is 80. I wonder if it's had a lasting effect?

Conti last appeared on screen early 2019. Interviewed in September 2019. Can't see anything since.

Hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:


This upsets me dearly. Big original trilogy fan here. :(

Trying to see what others I can spot. No surprises that Eugene Wright, 97, of the Dave Brubeck Quartet stopped signing anything in 2016.

Tom Conti and Jack Nicklaus seem to have suddenly stopped recently too. Hmmm. Nicklaus had COVID in March, talked about in July. He is 80. I wonder if it's had a lasting effect?

Conti last appeared on screen early 2019. Interviewed in September 2019. Can't see anything since.

Hmmm...

 

Tom Conti is fine and still acting https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/iain-glen-will-young-royal-windsor-season_52559.html

 

To be fair, there's not been much for elderly actors to do over the last seven months or so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More on Bulloch's lack of signing here. https://www.google.com/amp/s/starwarsautographnews.com/2020/04/02/jeremy-bulloch-no-longer-signing-through-the-mail/amp/

 

The fact he doesn't say he is stopping but his wife does on his behalf and the fact his website  hasn't been updated for two years makes me fear the worst. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:


This upsets me dearly. Big original trilogy fan here. :(

Trying to see what others I can spot. No surprises that Eugene Wright, 97, of the Dave Brubeck Quartet stopped signing anything in 2016.

Tom Conti and Jack Nicklaus seem to have suddenly stopped recently too. Hmmm. Nicklaus had COVID in March, talked about in July. He is 80. I wonder if it's had a lasting effect?

Conti last appeared on screen early 2019. Interviewed in September 2019. Can't see anything since.

Hmmm...

Nicklaus is still active on social media, even in video form on Twitter.  Think he's OK for now.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bigger chance bob shoots someone elses face of instead of him croaking this year

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2020 at 05:45, MrWonderful said:

Nicklaus is still active on social media, even in video form on Twitter.  Think he's OK for now.  

 

Did his usual ceremonial tee off at the Masters this morning - he's not in immediate danger (Arnie Palmer just sat and watched a year or two before he passed). Big fan of his legendary golf exploits, his recent support for Trump...less so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It just occurred to me that we haven't seen his wife in a while, Elizabeth Dole, now 84 years old, and a former Senator as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Recent ad from a few weeks ago, he looks fine in this video but who knows it may have been filmed a while back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is he going to the Inauguration of Biden/Harris today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Is he going to the Inauguration of Biden/Harris today?

If he did he would be dead in 2 weeks ! (If he isn't anyway).If the covid didn't get him the cold would.Looks bloody freezing in Washington ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2020 at 08:53, RedDeadRedemption said:

I just looked him up and gawd Damn he looks so frail. 

 

The headline should be when he goes  

Bob Dole In The Hole.  


 

Bob Dole has been claimed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, friedbutty said:

Bob Dole has been claimed?

Bob Dole has been claimed by the Hole.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, arghton said:

Bob Dole has been claimed by the Hole.

Dole signed off? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

showscan_php.jpeg.e91661e749f49107345e1f25822c4148.jpeg

Still returning hand signed fan mail according to StarTiger. Hand doesn't look too shaky either. Could he see off this year?


If there’s one thing Bob Dole can write it’s Bob Dole. Bob Dole was never shy in mentioning Bob Dole when Bob Dole was campaign for Bob Dole. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 02/02/2021 at 19:07, DCI Frank Burnside said:

 

I’m half Armenian so I like Bob Dole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2020 at 03:53, RedDeadRedemption said:

I just looked him up and gawd Damn he looks so frail. 

 

The headline should be when he goes  

Bob Dole In The Hole.  


 

He doesn’t look too frail but still he’s in a wheelchair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use