Grim Reaper

Bob Dole

20 minutes ago, amh10 said:

Has this thread really been going for a decade? WTF?

You should see Prince Philip's.

37 minutes ago, amh10 said:

Has this thread really been going for a decade? WTF?

That isn't even that much. Prince Philip, Shane MacGowan, Tony Blair, Robbie Coltrane, Robert De Niro, Sharon Osbourne and Richard O'Sullivan have threads that will reach adulthood this year. How long will we have to wait for them to die?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, arghton said:

That isn't even that much. Prince Philip, Shane MacGowan, Tony Blair, Robbie Coltrane, Robert De Niro, Sharon Osbourne and Richard O'Sullivan have threads that will reach adulthood this year. How long will we have to wait for them to die?

Simply evidence of pillocks posting threads way before the subject has any realistic prospect of shuffling off this mortal coil. Has it changed? Has it fuck, it's got worse.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Simply evidence of pillocks posting threads way before the subject has any realistic prospect of shuffling off this mortal coil. Has it changed? Has it fuck, it's got worse.

Looking at the front page, there's every indication that this thread was started because he was a committee selection for the actual Deathlist; post 2 in the thread gives ample reason why he was, at the time, a good selection, given his health problems and age. While there are threads started prematurely by pillocks, I don't think this is the case here.

6 minutes ago, time said:

Looking at the front page, there's every indication that this thread was started because he was a committee selection for the actual Deathlist; post 2 in the thread gives ample reason why he was, at the time, a good selection, given his health problems and age. While there are threads started prematurely by pillocks, I don't think this is the case here.

I was referring to the list I quoted, and in general to some degree, rather than this specific thread which just happens to be where it was brought up. That said the point is fair.

Incidentally, whilst I accept that wandering off topic on a thread is sometimes annoying, was it not clear I was responding to what I quoted and not a specific reference to Mr Dole? Odd to pull me on something I didn't actually do, even if i did it in said location.

2 hours ago, En Passant said:

I was referring to the list I quoted, and in general to some degree, rather than this specific thread which just happens to be where it was brought up. That said the point is fair.

Incidentally, whilst I accept that wandering off topic on a thread is sometimes annoying, was it not clear I was responding to what I quoted and not a specific reference to Mr Dole? Odd to pull me on something I didn't actually do, even if i did it in said location.

Ah, I got the wrong end of the stick. Apologies.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Doing "very well" in his cancer fight, though "some hurdles" are coming up:

https://people.com/politics/bob-dole-says-hes-doing-very-well-amid-stage-4-lung-cancer-battle/

Actually he said that in February.

21 minutes ago, drol said:

Actually he said that in February.

Okay, yes, the hurdles were in February, but the "very well" is now.

Bob Dole outlived his 1976 Vice Presidential rival Walter Mondale.  I think Bob Dole will live to see his 98th birthday but not long past it.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2021 at 09:47, chicago103 said:

Bob Dole outlived his 1976 Vice Presidential rival Walter Mondale.  I think Bob Dole will live to see his 98th birthday but not long past it.

Agreed I think he'll see 98 but not 99

Damn he actually made it to his 98th Birthday. Pretty impressive feat given his health conditions.

Found one article on his birthday but its more like a compilation of quotes from recent years, not much new stuff

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Damn he actually made it to his 98th Birthday. Pretty impressive feat given his health conditions.

Found one article on his birthday but its more like a compilation of quotes from recent years, not much new stuff

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/07/22/98-bob-dole-reckons-legacy-trump-ponders-future-gop/7995412002/

Here is a recent interview, in which he criticizes the former president. He says there's no question that Trump lost his reelection race, narrowly but fair and square. Dole also describes Biden as "a great, kind, upstanding, decent person."

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 18:26, Life Is Beautiful said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2021/07/22/98-bob-dole-reckons-legacy-trump-ponders-future-gop/7995412002/

Here is a recent interview, in which he criticizes the former president. He says there's no question that Trump lost his reelection race, narrowly but fair and square. Dole also describes Biden as "a great, kind, upstanding, decent person."

I just saw that. He had to stop chemo because it was too hard. Now he's on immunotherapy which seems to work less effective. He still has some future plans though and is not on his deathbed yet, but in my opinion, not more than a few months away.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2021 at 11:26, Life Is Beautiful said:

Yea hes a "great, kind, upstanding, decent person". He just needs to remember what planet hes on.

• Haha 1

Around a week ago with Chuck Grassley:

IMG_20210812_171229.png.ce17887c01565e20bbe86fe7134fc86f.png

(Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSNHLJHreP1)

Stage 4 lung cancer average life expectancy is usually around 6.3 to 11.4 months. I don't know when he exactly he was diagnosed but it'll be 6 months since he announced it on twitter on the 18th. To make it above the average expectancy he'd have to live to February 2022.

• Like 1

He's given it a very brave fight and he's had a very long life but based on that photo I don't see him surviving the year. He has a bit of a look of death in his eyes as if life is slowly draining away from him. 

Pegged him as the Eventual number 8 I predict around October I predict 15 deaths this year withr emaing 7 all in Decmeber

This will be number 8

Than Graves

Than Redgrave

Im not psycic im not reviling who the other 4/5 deaths are I only know since theye seem the most frail

Given he got lung cancer, the beginning of the cold season might be the best bet indeed

2 hours ago, roaming_comrade said:

Given he got lung cancer, the beginning of the cold season might be the best bet indeed

No clue why, because it's completely illogical, but I get this odd feeling he might see out the year

• Like 1

He will die in Ocotber or Tommrow to spitte me and to not proove myy point that May-August Grims cool down months. I have to Say DVD and Ahkhito are the worst top 5 picks ever and QWhile i think Betty White should be no. 2 next year aswell I think bBob wont mke the lsit because I'm 100% sure of his immenenat death just not until the the 10th Month of 12

• Angry 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, De_Seal said:

He will die in Ocotber or Tommrow to spitte me and to not proove myy point that May-August Grims cool down months. I have to Say DVD and Ahkhito are the worst top 5 picks ever and QWhile i think Betty White should be no. 2 next year aswell I think bBob wont mke the lsit because I'm 100% sure of his immenenat death just not until the the 10th Month of 12

Give me fucking strength

• Haha 4

My first pick. Great man great senator, ww2 vet, should have beaten president Clinton in 96

Edited by Deadboy999
  • Like 2