Grim Reaper

Bob Dole

Banhammer GIF | Gfycat

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Deadboy999 said:

My first pick. Great man great senator, ww2 vet, should of  have beaten president Clinton in 96

Corrected.

• Like 2

I know discussed already, but the video wasn't posted... Interview from May 30th.

Still life in him, cracking jokes. Wants to see 100th. Doesn't seem possible but he's a fighter for sure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I know discussed already, but the video wasn't posted... Interview from May 30th.

Still life in him, cracking jokes. Wants to see 100th. Doesn't seem possible but he's a fighter for sure.

Honestly he could have been much worse ! He seems frail but at 98 with a stage IV cancer ? I’m surprised he is so conscious and everything. Might see the end of the year

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Honestly he could have been much worse ! He seems frail but at 98 with a stage IV cancer ? I’m surprised he is so conscious and everything. Might see the end of the year

As an aside, Mrs Dole (herself a former Senator) appears very well and lucid for 85. Somewhat ironic seeing as she's comfortably outlasted her political nemesis, Kay Hagan, who famously did an campaign advert which contained some less than subtle digs about her age. 

1 hour ago, arghton said:

https://gop.com/press-release/bob-dole-releases-thank-you-message-at-rnc-fall-meeting/

RNC has released a newly recorded message from Dole. Sounds worse than in that video from May but still hopes he can live to 100.

That's a farewell message if ever I heard one. He'll be gone by November... (is that a Wyclef Jean song?)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GEMINEYE said:

That's a farewell message if ever I heard one. He'll be gone by November... (is that a Wyclef Jean song?)

Definitely.He sounds like well a 98-year-old man with stage 4 lung cancer and other co-morbidities.It sounds as though his mouth is dry and his speech is slurred. Would be absolutely astonished if he makes 2022.The fact he is only doing a voiceover is another ominous sign.

He’ll make 2022. Mark my words : he’s the ultimate survivor (with Dilip of course). Sound awful of course but he’s 3 months away from new year. He’ll make it, even if he dies in the very beginning of the year

I reckon we're looking at days and at most weeks based on the timing and tone of this message. 

2 hours ago, arghton said:

https://gop.com/press-release/bob-dole-releases-thank-you-message-at-rnc-fall-meeting/

RNC has released a newly recorded message from Dole. Sounds worse than in that video from May but still hopes he can live to 100.

Video isnt listed anymore, deathlist users are probably the only ones watching this 

• Like 1

Message from the Dole`s from 5 days ago.You can see him struggling here.Class act though for thinking of others when so ill and frail.

1 hour ago, roaming_comrade said:

Video isnt listed anymore, deathlist users are probably the only ones watching this 

It is on Twitter

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sean said:

Message from the Dole`s from 5 days ago.You can see him struggling here.Class act though for thinking of others when so ill and frail.

That's not a new video. They posted it on facebook a year ago:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=790782828157869

And this one posted on twitter is the same video, only difference is that Dole mentioning covid has been cropped away.

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

That's not a new video. They posted it on facebook a year ago:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=790782828157869

And this one posted on twitter is the same video, only difference is that Dole mentioning covid has been cropped away.

Crikey.His breathing is terrible looks like he is struggling to catch breath!If anything he looked a lot better in the May video than here.

His health history makes the fact that he is still alive pretty impressive, here are the publicly mentioned health problems and hospitalisations I could find:

April 1945: Seriously wounded by a German shell, shattering his collarbone and a part of his spine. Given the largest dose of morphine they (fellow soldiers) dared, paralyzed neck down. Suffered blood clots, a life-threathening infection and a fever. Recovered but the injuries left him with limited mobility in his right arm and numbness in his left one.

Postwar to 1996: According to this 10 "pertinent" conditions including removal of his kidney, kidney stone removal in 1981 and other minor conditions.

1991: Prostate cancer, gland removed in December.

1995: One benign polyp in his lungs. Dole stopped smoking in 1983, unclear when he started.

2001: Abdominal aortic aneurysm.

2004-2005: Hip-replacement operation that required him to recieve blood thinners, intracranial hemorrhage, hospitalised for 40 days.

2009: Hospitalised with elevated heart rate and sore legs, underwent skin-graft surgery.

February-November 2010: Knee surgery and heart problems, ten months in Walter Reed Medical Center, survived three bouts of pneumonia.

2011: First time on DL. Hospitalised for infection for 6 days in January, discharged, hospitalised again a few days later, discharged. Mostly in wheelchair since this.

2012: Hospitalised in November. Discharged after a couple of days.

2017: Hospitalised in September, discharged after a couple of weeks.

2018: Looked skeletal, much worse compared to what he looked like in 2017.

2020: Biden apparently said that he is "very ill" in September.

2021: Stage IV lung cancer in February. "Some hurdles coming up" in March. Had to stop chemo before July, on immunotherapy.

Average life expectancy is 6.3 to 11.4 months since diagnosis. He was diagnosed on 18th of February or a few days before: 7 months, nearly three weeks.

• Like 4

Bob Dole's had so many health issues that even Zsa Zsa Gabor's ghost thinks its overkill at this point.

• Haha 2

https://ruthlesspodcast.com/episodes/salute-to-veterans-with-bob-dole-vJvDj_qQ

Talked on a republican podcast recently, episode released today.

Before the interview one of the podcast boys says that "there's an oxygen machine running the entire time this interview is rolling" and says that they had to cut and redo parts of it but Dole insisted on participating in it.

Really impressive that he's made it this far. If he's still alive on the 18th of November, it'll be 9 months since his diagnosis. Seems like half of the people diagnosed with it don't make it that far and he's a 98-year old man with a very impressive health history and has looked like a corpse for years...

Dole surviving to 2022 still seems unrealistic to me, however if he does, he deserves the first spot.

• Like 6

Just 50 days of 2021 left. When he was diagnosed at the start of the year, I'd have never thought he'd be able to get to 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

https://ruthlesspodcast.com/episodes/salute-to-veterans-with-bob-dole-vJvDj_qQ

Talked on a republican podcast recently, episode released today.

Before the interview one of the podcast boys says that "there's an oxygen machine running the entire time this interview is rolling" and says that they had to cut and redo parts of it but Dole insisted on participating in it.

Really impressive that he's made it this far. If he's still alive on the 18th of November, it'll be 9 months since his diagnosis. Seems like half of the people diagnosed with it don't make it that far and he's a 98-year old man with a very impressive health history and has looked like a corpse for years...

Dole surviving to 2022 still seems unrealistic to me, however if he does, he deserves the first spot.

Dole sounds rough in this interview. I don't think he lasts much longer (been said before I know!).

End of November at best. If he makes it to 2022....miracles exist.

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just 50 days of 2021 left. When he was diagnosed at the start of the year, I'd have never thought he'd be able to get to 2022.

He's on my shortlist of 40. He ain't going to make 2022. ;)

• Like 1