Twelvetrees

Diana Wynne Jones

Poor Wynne Jones. I never read her when I was a tot because pop up picture books and Goodnight Moon were more fun, or they might have obviously kept me awake for Taxi.

Guest Guest
Oh good, a hit at, long, long last for my DDP team (hopefully). Makes up for dropping Husky at the last.

Good month for DL...

It's the most prolific period since july 2007 when there were 3 hits inside a week

Guest Guest

some doubts are being cast on whetehr she has actually died.Does anyone heve definitive proof?

some doubts are being cast on whetehr she has actually died.Does anyone heve definitive proof?

Although you have changed her wikipedia page to say she is alive, her official website says she's still dead.

Guest Guest

Although you have changed her wikipedia page to say she is alive, her official website says she's still dead.

Wikipedia is reporting the rumours of her death, and although it seems they do have credibility there's no t enough proof for wikepedia to declare her dead just yet :lol:

Poor Wynne Jones. I never read her when I was a tot because pop up picture books and Goodnight Moon were more fun, or they might have obviously kept me awake for Taxi.

Goodnight Moon isn't nearly as much fun as Goodnight Keith Moon

Guest Guest

wikipedia has now removed her name from their official obituary list.Still no reliable linnk to any proper news source .It's a real mystery!

I was gonna say, 24 hours for an obit? Was this on some sort of Mussolini "we must see the body until we know he's dead" deal?

Can't find any mention of her passing on any official news websites besides The Guardian, very peculiar

FAO guest doubters.

A brief search shows up 11 newspaper obits including The Granny link Falk linked to above, and mention of her passing from several close mates of hers.

Call me cynical, but I think it's safe to assume she has gone to see the Norwegian Blue.

Guest Fiddlesticks

shes not dead you fags

shes not dead you fags

So where are the denials? Her publishers, HarperCollins, have acknowledged her death and paid tribute to her.

shes not dead you fags

So where are the denials? Her publishers, HarperCollins, have acknowledged her death and paid tribute to her.

Well, just because her family, her publishers, the Guardian, other press folk, her friends and Neil Gaiman claim she is did...is clearly not proof enough.

When her body is cremated, it could be someone else. Given it a week and she'll be spotted working in a chip shop in Croyden.

shes not dead you fags

Well, just because her family, her publishers, the Guardian, other press folk, her friends and Neil Gaiman claim she is did...is clearly not proof enough.

When her body is cremated, it could be someone else. Given it a week and she'll be spotted working in a chip shop in Croyden.

Actually, I seen her* walking through some town in Portugal with some funny-eyed little kid, a bloke with a moustache and a horse.

*Grammar police - I know it should be 'I saw her' but I'm from Wiltshire.

Surprising that she never drowned. Wikipedia states "When war was announced, shortly after her fifth birthday, she was evacuated to Wales, and thereafter moved several times, including periods in Coniston Water" :)