Grim Reaper

Fergie Frederiksen

The Fergie Frederiksen thread.

I kinda like this pick.

Will this guy actually get any UK obituary coverage? "Background vocals in "Eye of The Tiger" and was lead singer of Toto about 12 years after they stopped having hits" doesn't really strike me as a guarantee of anything.

He is someone I kept off my own list cause I thought its about a 20% or so chance he would get an obit in the UK.

Aye, I risked him in my DDP team, but wonder what the obit-chances are. I'm guessing a snippet of entertainment 'news' like a few lines on the BBC site is all we'd get.

He is someone I kept off my own list cause I thought its about a 20% or so chance he would get an obit in the UK.

Its a fair question that I hadn't considered. I used him in my US pool but not DDP. I think he swings an obit somehow though.

Its a fair question that I hadn't considered. I used him in my US pool but not DDP. I think he swings an obit somehow though.

....but I think that this was a bold and interesting pick for the committee.

Will this guy actually get any UK obituary coverage? "Background vocals in "Eye of The Tiger" and was lead singer of Toto about 12 years after they stopped having hits" doesn't really strike me as a guarantee of anything.

Pretty sure the Independent will have his obit, will be acknowledged on the BBC news website I'm certain

Does anybody actually know what form of cancer it is? Note they're saying it's 'inoperable and life-threatening' no indication of how long he may have.

Q magazine will almost certainly acknowledge his demise.

Does anybody actually know what form of cancer it is? Note they're saying it's 'inoperable and life-threatening' no indication of how long he may have.

Well I don't!

And I've half a mind to think it is a scam.

Second Rate musician in three minor one hit bands. And as I understand it, adding little to the back catalog + I've never heard of him.

Wiki page has this on him...

"Frederiksen is involved in increasing awareness of Hepatitis C through benefit shows for the American Liver Foundation."My guess is that he also has HepC and this has little to do with any cancer.

Back to that one bit of news - saying the same thing "inoperable and life-threatening cancer" - in every place I've looked.

One benifit concert, back in July 2010 - adding funds to a family trust?

No other news since?

No news about the hospital.

No news about prognosis.

NADA.

If the said cancer were really serious (liver) he would have not seen out the year.

I think it's BS to say inoperable in the middle of last year and he still be going now without some form of treatment.

So what has this treatment been? Has it really been given up on?

Is anyone really interested beyond thinking he may be worth 9 pts (and just 8pts beyond May 15th)?

Well I don't!

Second Rate musician in three minor one hit bands. And as I understand it, adding little to the back catalog + I've never heard of him.

"Frederiksen is involved in increasing awareness of Hepatitis C through benefit shows for the American Liver Foundation."My guess is that he also has HepC and this has little to do with any cancer.

Back to that one bit of news - saying the same thing "inoperable and life-threatening cancer" - in every place I've looked.

No other news since?

No news about prognosis.

NADA.

If the said cancer were really serious (liver) he would have not seen out the year.

I think it's BS to say inoperable in the middle of last year and he still be going now without some form of treatment.

Is anyone really interested beyond thinking he may be worth 9 pts (and just 8pts beyond May 15th)?

Toto were hardly a 'minor one-hit band'. And besides, there are cancers that can linger for years before they see people off, Egyptian president (for now at least) Hosni Mubarak is supposed to have had prostate cancer for years, actor Jerry Orbach was ill with prostate cancer for much of his time on Law & Order right up until his death. I knew a guy who was ill with cancer for years, at various points he was given 2-3 years but ended up lasting a lot longer than the doctors had forecast, though that was not such a good thing.

Perhaps there has been no further news because he would rather keep it amongst his friends and family rather than the public at large. Are you such an expert on cancer that you can say definitively how long people afflicted with inoperable forms of it will last?

Well I don't!

No other news since?

No news about prognosis.

NADA.

Toto were hardly a 'minor one-hit band'. And besides, there are cancers that can linger for years before they see people off, Egyptian president (for now at least) Hosni Mubarak is supposed to have had prostate cancer for years, actor Jerry Orbach was ill with prostate cancer for much of his time on Law & Order right up until his death. I knew a guy who was ill with cancer for years, at various points he was given 2-3 years but ended up lasting a lot longer than the doctors had forecast, though that was not such a good thing.

Perhaps there has been no further news because he would rather keep it amongst his friends and family rather than the public at large. Are you such an expert on cancer that you can say definitively how long people afflicted with inoperable forms of it will last?

Toto were a 'minor three-hit band', at least on these shores, and those hits were prior to Frederiksen's invovlement. As for cancers lasting years before seeing people off, that's true enough but then they are hardly 'life-threatening' in that case are they? One doesn't need to be an expert to conclude that 'inoperable, life-threatening' diagnoses are incompatible with no news of any kind since the initial news breaking.

Toto were a 'minor three-hit band', at least on these shores, and those hits were prior to Frederiksen's invovlement. As for cancers lasting years before seeing people off, that's true enough but then they are hardly 'life-threatening' in that case are they? One doesn't need to be an expert to conclude that 'inoperable, life-threatening' diagnoses are incompatible with no news of any kind since the initial news breaking.

Not necessarily, I mean we're only talking about 6 months since the news broke. Since we only received the bare minimum of details it's very hard to say either way

Not necessarily, I mean we're only talking about 6 months since the news broke. Since we only received the bare minimum of details it's very hard to say either way

And there you go... "bare minimum of details" In my book that's not enough to warrent being listed on the DL.

There are all sorts of old and ill famous people out there. And not enough room to have them all on this list, so why add someone with little fame background on such flimsy illness news?

And there you go... "bare minimum of details" In my book that's not enough to warrent being listed on the DL.

There are all sorts of old and ill famous people out there. And not enough room to have them all on this list, so why add someone with little fame background on such flimsy illness news?

I dunno - maybe because it's their list and they wanted to?

Well I don't!

No other news since?

No news about prognosis.

NADA.

Toto were a 'minor three-hit band', at least on these shores, and those hits were prior to Frederiksen's invovlement.

Debatable whether he will get a UK obit. Bizarre choice if you ask me (you didn't, but I will offer my opinion anyway)

Yesterday my Ma and Pa watched his former bandmate Steve Lukather perform at Manchester Academy, he acknowledged that Fergie was sick and "needed all the help he could get". Said a prayer for him and bassist Mike Porcaro, who has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis

Guest Frodo_Maggins

hes dead

Guest Guest_vaagheid_*
hes dead

Proof it...

hes dead

Can find nothing online verifying this, according to his official website he's a lot better. Do you have anything to back this up or are you just a troll?

Some actual news! Fergie Frederiksen has released a new album and revealed that his health is improving.

About one year later, in the summer 2011, Fergie had two great things to share with the World: the first being the completion of the recording of the new album and the second is the positive results to the cures he was under, with the cancer now being close to be defeated. “I am feeling great right now” tells Fergie. “I am close to cancer free. Not what all the doctors thought would happen and they are almost as excited about it as I am. I seem to be an exception to the rule. I am very glad to be because the alternative sucks big time”.

Some actual news! Fergie Frederiksen has released a new album and revealed that his health is improving.

About one year later, in the summer 2011, Fergie had two great things to share with the World: the first being the completion of the recording of the new album and the second is the positive results to the cures he was under, with the cancer now being close to be defeated. “I am feeling great right now” tells Fergie. “I am close to cancer free. Not what all the doctors thought would happen and they are almost as excited about it as I am. I seem to be an exception to the rule. I am very glad to be because the alternative sucks big time”.

So his incurable cancer has been cured?

So his incurable cancer has been cured?

Praise the, ehrm, Invisible Pink Unicorn?

regards,

Hein

I'd be the last one to criticise the DL committee, but as the last one I'd say this was one of the poorest picks this year. He doesn't pass the fame test for me. This is a symptom of the DL trying to compete with the ambulance chasers on the DDP who'll tag on to the bumper of any car with a big C in the numberplate. The DL is bigger than that. "Journeyman vocalist." Pah!

Maybe next year we could have a real bonza time and pack the list with Tasmanian art gallery directors and older members of Peckham Rotary Club .