mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Well I noticed the 2011 list is up - not officially but if you go to:

[Oh no you don't... GR :P]

you can view it

Let's hope for a better year

So what do we think - will the first person to die on this year's (2011) list be someone who was on last year's list or a new entrant?

Hmm... I love little riddles like that.

Thank you for the idea!

Hihi :P

Apparently Skype is almost dead in China...

I asked it last year, & I'll ask it again this year, what do you guys think of MY 2011 list, in/on my signature?

I asked it last year, & I'll ask it again this year, what do you guys think of MY 2011 list, in/on my signature?

Paul McCartney!?!? Shame on you...

Good list otherwise :birthday2:

About 50 wrestlers and you missed out the one dying of liver failure.

About 50 wrestlers and you missed out the one dying of liver failure.

Who? Scott Hall? I could make my list 150 people, I can think of 20 people. In fact, I think I will make it 150 people, & add Scott Hall to it. :birthday2: Oh, & I only had 24 wrestlers at the time, not 50. :P & now I have about 26, or so.

Cher and Siouxsie?!!! A POX on you, Sir. :birthday2::P:shoot2:

Neil Young...the final part of CSNY or the FA Cup winning goal-scorer who won't see the end of the month?

Cher and Siouxsie?!!! A POX on you, Sir. :shoot2::shoot2::shoot2:

Cher I'm not sorry for, but Siouxie I am.

Neil Young...the final part of CSNY or the FA Cup winning goal-scorer who won't see the end of the month?

the Canadian singer.

Fascinating a digression as this has uncertainly been, back to celebrity corpses.

For the completists, though, the first death of 2011 wherein the cadaver had a Wikipedia page before passing on goes to Romanian composer and expert on Gregorian chanting Marin Constantin. I'm sure we're all kicking ourselves for not picking him right now.

Veteran Hong Kong democracy campaigner Szeto Wah is battling lung cancer and is too ill to travel at the moment, which doesn't bode too well. I can't decide on his obit chances, though, so he's out.

Wah, wah, waaaahhhhhhhh

Edited by Magere Hein
Link to quoted post fixed.

the Canadian singer.

Hmmm, well I'd say that singer will outlive his footballing namesake by a fairly hefty margin.

- Chuck Berry seems to have had some moment on stage. Did some sort of Rock 'n' Roll thing by banging his head against a keyboard and was knocked out. After 20 minutes he returned to the stage but was unable to finish a song.

- Dutch football legend Coen Moulijn suffered a cerebral infarct today.

- Chuck Berry seems to have had some moment on stage. Did some sort of Rock 'n' Roll thing by banging his head against a keyboard and was knocked out. After 20 minutes he returned to the stage but was unable to finish a song.

- Dutch football legend Coen Moulijn suffered a cerebral infarct today.

Now Chuck Berry's in the mix I can't choose between him, Gerry Rafferty and Aretha Franklin as 2011's first musical celeb to exit.

Since the 2010 thread is closed, I post this message here.

The city of Windsor, Ontario had a particularly bad year for the Deathlist.....

Windor is closing in on a murder-free year.

And they succeeded.

Betty White is aqbout 88 & her demise would mean a Golden Girl departing for the Pearly Gates for the 4th consecutive year.

Dora Saint is most conspicuous by her absence.

First significant Dutch dead: Weatherman Hans de Jong (89), (although he died on the morning of 31-12-2010.)

After only 2 last year can I do better this year.....here we are for 2011:

Nancy Reagan

Annette Funicello

Nelson Mandela

Gough Whitlam

Kitty Wells

Rod McKuen

Margaret Thatcher

Muhammad Ali

Ariel Sharon

Rush Limbaugh

Sir Richard Attenborough

Charlie Sheen

Chuck Berry

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Richard Chamberlain

Dame Elisabeth Murdoch

Aretha Franklin

Liz Smith

Keith Richards

Jerry Lewis

Nancy Wake

Chrissy Amphlett

Far to long - 150 in a sig - please think about all the extra middle button rolling my finger has to do just to pass over your signature! No wonder I get R.S.I.! Can you please have no more than 100. Thanks very much!!!

Far to long - 150 in a sig - please think about all the extra middle button rolling my finger has to do just to pass over your signature! No wonder I get R.S.I.! Can you please have no more than 100. Thanks very much!!!

lol, I normally do stop at 100, but I couldn't this year, for some reason.

Mafia hitman turned grass George Barone has died (of natural causes) at age 86.

He was (according to the Daily Mail) the inspiration for the film West Side Story, having founded the Jets.