mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Actor Pete Postlethwaite has died after a lengthy illness

That's a shock. I didn't even know he was ill. Great actor. Can anyone remember a series he was in in the 1980s called The Tales of Sherwood Forest?

Strange show that was...

Pete Postlethwaite is a real shock...I was watching him recently in The Town - a great movie and a fine actor.

Pete Postlethwaite is a real shock...I was watching him recently in The Town - a great movie and a fine actor.

He would have been a unique pick in the DDP had anyone chosen him last year. I hope he was this year.

He has been in so many things, yet I automatically see him as "Old Man" in James and the Giant Peach.

From the BBC website.......

And former deputy prime minister Lord Prescott, also writing on Twitter, said the actor's films Brassed Off and Age of Stupid "had a real effect on me and our government".

Of all the film titles to associate with the Labour government :)

Yeah I know I was shocked too, there have been sevral character actors dieing seemingly unexpactadly as of late, Who here honestly thought that the likes of James Gammon, Glenn Shaddix, Harold Gould (Although he was 86) would no see this years christmas

From the BBC website.......

And former deputy prime minister Lord Prescott, also writing on Twitter, said the actor's films Brassed Off and Age of Stupid "had a real effect on me and our government".

Of all the film titles to associate with the Labour government :)

John Prescott - now there's an idea for this year.

I thought that music mattered, but does it bollocks, not compared to how people matter.

RIP Pete. They should

at Thatcher's funeral among the eulogies, just to add a bit of perspective.

Just read this this evening. Shock. How could we missed that one.

I just rented him this weekend.

....don't take that the wrong way. It was a movie.

How sad. Just watched Inception last night... great film, but not exactly one of his personal highlights... Must remember to have a more fitting tribute at a later date. :)

Just read this this evening. Shock. How could we missed that one.

I just rented him this weekend.

....don't take that the wrong way. It was a movie.

wow, I was thinking of putting him on my list this year, too, but forgot at the last minute. & I had just watched Aeon Flux the other day, too.

Guest nj2nh

Anne Francis died on January 2nd.

Anne Francis died on January 2nd.

She easily received a UK obit....bad judgement. 1st hit for my "other" pool.

He has been in so many things, yet I automatically see him as "Old Man" in James and the Giant Peach.

He will always be Kobayashi from Usual Suspects to me. Always!

- Chuck Berry seems to have had some moment on stage. Did some sort of Rock 'n' Roll thing by banging his head against a keyboard and was knocked out. After 20 minutes he returned to the stage but was unable to finish a song.

- Dutch football legend Coen Moulijn suffered a cerebral infarct today.

Coen Moulijn dead

Coen Moulijn dead

Shit.

He's been one of my heroes ever since I was a child.

Here's a picture of Moulijn, celebrating Feyenoord's European Cup victory in 1970. In the background at the right I can be seen, sitting on the shoulders of my dad.

209313.jpg

He could have been a bit more considerate to DDNP, by giving some warning of his impending demise before January 1... :huh:

regards,

Hein

Coen Moulijn dead

Shit.

He's been one of my heroes ever since I was a child.

Here's a picture of Moulijn, celebrating Feyenoord's European Cup victory in 1970. In the background at the right I can be seen, sitting on the shoulders of my dad.

209313.jpg

He could have been a bit more considerate to DDNP, by giving some warning of his impending demise before January 1... :huh:

regards,

Hein

i know that the Dutch pool/list has had many different abbreviations. But can you please tell me what DDNP stands for (because I have a real difficulty translating it).

i know that the Dutch pool/list has had many different abbreviations. But can you please tell me what DDNP stands for (because I have a real difficulty translating it).

Some would call it a typo, others would call it a brain fart.

I call it agraphia (a condition similar to aphasia): the loss of a previously held ability to write. I intended to write PNDP, but for no apparent reason it came out wrong.

Of course I couldn't be arsed to check what I wrote, so I never spotted the error. You did. I suppose that's a Good Thing.

regards,

Hein

Saw this on the bottom of the Daily Mirror Online report of Gerry Rafferty's demise. Don't know if has already been reported - apologies if it has.

Mick Karn – former bassist with 80s synth heroes Japan – has died aged 52 after an 18-month battle with cancer.

DWB B)