mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

This should really go in 'The Dead of 2010' thread as Clarence W. Prevost, the flight instructor credited with shopping Zacarias Moussaoui to the Feds, died just before Christmas.

Nat Lofthouse, Bolton Wanderers captain in the 1953 FA Cup Final, the "Matthews Final", has taken the final whistle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12201099

Friend of mine has the badge from one of Lofthouse's England shirts that he wore during one of the internationals against Wales, not sure which one it was whether it was from '52 or '53

Guest Guest_Whitehouse_*

This is a pretty major one, that appears to have slipped under the radar. Did anyone have her on their list?

Hello!

Quite a dish in 1960!

_50818423_011024807-2.jpg

This is a pretty major one, that appears to have slipped under the radar. Did anyone have her on their list?

Hello!

Quite a dish in 1960!

_50818423_011024807-2.jpg

Yum!

Not sure if they've appeared elswhere already, but here's a link to the 2010 darwin awards

Love the wheelchair guy - looks fake. Hope it is real hate those f***ing things

For those not following the Kennedy thread, Sargent Shriver has died.

Sonya Peres, the wife of former Israeli PM Shimon Peres, has died. She'll be a unique pick on the DDP for the theme team First Lady's (sic?) First if she gets the right obit.

Sonya Peres, the wife of former Israeli PM Shimon Peres, has died. She'll be a unique pick on the DDP for the theme team First Lady's (sic?) First if she gets the right obit.

UK obit for Sonya Peres.

Who? :wheelchair:

Only 23, well away from the radar....

CNN is reporting that Jack LaLanne has died at age 96 (breaking news, no link yet)

I cannot sleep because of this. Damn.. I was thinking of picking LaLanne because I was given a Jack LaLanne juicer for Christmas. And picks like that are what gave me success in 2010. I picked Tony Curtis because I wanted to pick a survivor from the DL of the year I was born. I picked Gloria Stuart because her character in Titanic died at 100 and she turned 100 last year. I feel like I've set myself up for a bad year. Aretha Franklin, Michael Douglas, and Dick Cheney all say they feel fine, and Kenneth Stevenson and Jack LaLanne, two people I felt strong about have already died. But I'll stop moping around about it now and get out of the way... ;)

Actor Paul Picerni has died aged 88.

I have to confess I've never heard of him, but he had a number of notable supporting roles which included Agent Lee Hobson in 83 episodes of "The Untouchables" and the Vincent Price film "House of Wax".

Actor Paul Picerni has died aged 88.

I have to confess I've never heard of him, but he had a number of notable supporting roles which included Agent Lee Hobson in 83 episodes of "The Untouchables" and the Vincent Price film "House of Wax".

He played a G-man in House of Wax?

Lt-Gen Sir Chandos Blair, there's a steady trickle of robust military types with significant WW2 service now fading away. Might be strapped for enough good candidates to make a theme team by this time next year.

Andy Gray's career - hopefully we'll never hear of him again.