mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Guest Guest
Its been reported that 'Buster Martin' has died, aged 104.

He claimed to have been the oldest man to run the London Marathon, but was unable to produce satisfactory documentary evidence of his age.

I was wondering if this was the same chap who was part of "The Zimmers"*, of "My Generation" fame. (if it is, mods feel free to move post to "Dead Pop Stars" thread).

Edit: *This would also mean DDP points for Fictional? and Pool Ghoul if a satisfactory obit appears.

will this do as an obit?

He claimed to have been the oldest man to run the London Marathon, but was unable to produce satisfactory documentary evidence of his age.

I was wondering if this was the same chap who was part of "The Zimmers"*, of "My Generation" fame. (if it is, mods feel free to move post to "Dead Pop Stars" thread).

Edit: *This would also mean DDP points for Fictional? and Pool Ghoul if a satisfactory obit appears.

will this do as an obit?

Yes, i think it is a suitable obit.

will this do as an obit?

Indeed it is and on the 13th too...

will this do as an obit?

So...was he 97 or 104? :D

will this do as an obit?

So...was he 97 or 104? :D

Hopefully we will find out more about his real age and if it's 97, then it's one more point!

For the moment though he remains 104...

Cattle breeder Juan Pedro Domecq, "the creator of the modern fighting bull", has died after his car was involved in a head-on collision with a truck (which may or may not have been fitted with bull bars)

Dr David Wright, WW2 hero medic, saluted in death by the Daily Telegraph. He had the Wright stuff, obviously.

Dr David Wright, WW2 hero medic, saluted in death by the Daily Telegraph. He had the Wright stuff, obviously.

Captured in Arnhem, I read, and a recipient of the Bronze Lion. Not many of those were awarded.

A brave man.

regards,

Hein

Sol Saks

The creator of the TV series "Bewitched" has died aged 100.

Gurkha campaigner and war hero Tul Bahadur Pun VC has died in Nepal.

The BBC says he was 88. but I seem to recall him being over 90 at one point?

Madelyn Pugh Davis

The co-writer of "I Love Lucy" has died aged 90. If these things come in threes, following on from Saks' death maybe we should be on the lookout for another creartor / writer from a US comedy show from the 50s or 60s?

Madelyn Pugh Davis

The co-writer of "I Love Lucy" has died aged 90. If these things come in threes, following on from Saks' death maybe we should be on the lookout for another creartor / writer from a US comedy show from the 50s or 60s?

How about Norman Lear? he started in the 50's? Sure, he got "popular" in the 70's, but he started in the 50's.

Madelyn Pugh Davis

Already had three: Lumet, Pugh and Saks

Already had three: Lumet, Pugh and Saks

Sounds like a sollicitors' firm.

We better not ask them: "How's your Saks life?".

regards,

Hein

Norio Ohga former boss man at Sony and 'father' of the CD, or summat.

Rear Admiral Nicholas's Goodheart is no longer beating. Not exactly a WW2 hero, though his contribution to aircraft carrier safety WILL go down in history.

Guest -sparky-

Reports this morning the germ free adolescent Poly Styrene has died...