mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Woah, fancy new look for the DL. Impressive. Cory Smoot, guitarist of death thrash band GWAR (not sure if I'd heard of them), pulled the old rock 'n' roll classic "die on the tour bus of unknown causes, but we can be pretty sure it was drug and/or alcohol related".

http://music.uk.msn....of-cory-smoot-8

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, still trying to find my way around the site.

Edit to add....and there it is, in the pop stars thread, posted yesterday by Space Cooley. Oh well.

Edited by Cowboy Ronnie
d'oh!!!

On no, can't say I know GWAR that well but I LOVE their Scumdogs of the Universe album. May give it a blast in the car when I nip out in a few minutes.

Guest Bibliogryphon

On a long flight I was reading the Obituries in the Independent and found one that I had not seen on this site that of Sir Timothy Raison who was a Tory minister but more significantly was, during his career as a journalist, one of the founders of New Scientist. Apparently Margaret Thatcher didn't like him because he spoke his mind when he worked for her as Education Secretary, so he never rose into her cabinet. His Obit was written by veteren Labour politician Tam Dalyell - who must also be a consideration for future lists.

Apologies if I have missed this elsewhere - this is my first post.

On a long flight I was reading the Obituries in the Independent and found one that I had not seen on this site that of Sir Timothy Raison who was a Tory minister but more significantly was, during his career as a journalist, one of the founders of New Scientist. Apparently Margaret Thatcher didn't like him because he spoke his mind when he worked for her as Education Secretary, so he never rose into her cabinet. His Obit was written by veteren Labour politician Tam Dalyell - who must also be a consideration for future lists.

And in the Political Frailty thread not but 4 days ago...

former tory MP and govt minister Timothy Raison dead at 82 http://www.telegraph...thy-Raison.html

Guest Guest

He was a member of her shadow cabinet for the first 2 years of her leadership but he fell out of favour with her and was dropped

Evelyn Lauder, the American socialite who both founded the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the pink ribbon of breast cancer awareness, has died at 75. I'm going to need an irony expert to tell me if her dying of ovarian cancer is, in fact, ironic or not.

Actress Dulcie Grey, probably most famous for her role in Howard's Way, has died aged 92.

Guest Steve

Shocking -- only 5 deaths so far on this year's Deathlist.  People are living too fricking long.  Brain-dead people like Shamir and Sharon are hanging on forever.  Damn modern medicine.

Shelagh Delaney

The playwright best known for "A Taste of Honey" has died aged 72.

Morrissey will be in mourning...

500full.jpg

It just came to my attention that American biologist Lynn Margulis died last Tuesday aged 73. She also was the first wife of Carl Sagan.

Her views in biology range from the now widely accepted to the outrageous, but she's been right too often to dismiss them lightly.

regards,

Hein

Couldn't see it reported on here, but Angie Dowds, 1 of the fitness coaches on Celebrity Fit Club and UK Biggest Loser jumped off Beachy Head last weekend

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/11/24/angie-dowds-10-things-about-the-biggest-loser-star-who-died-this-week-115875-23585433/

Michelina's founder and inventor of the pizza roll, Jeno Paulucci, died at age 93.

I must say, his snacks helped get me through my first year of university. Many thanks, good sir. :hatsoff:

Actress and dancer Maureen Swanson who appeared in the film "A Town Like Alice" and went on to become the Countess of Dudley has died aged 78.

http://www.cnn.com/2...html?hpt=hp_bn3

Former First Lady of Chicago, Maggie Daley, has died of breast cancer at the age of 68. A unique pick for Wormer, He's A Dead Man! in the somewhat unlikely event a British obit surfaces.

Au contraire...

Well done Wormer!