mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Motown founder Berry Gordy has lost his sister Esther Gordy Edwards who founded the Motown museum (Hitsville USA) and helped run the company with her brother

Guest TrishTerault

I'm here to say hi.

Nice to join you hear.

Another old soldier fades away, John McAleese, who led the SAS storming of the Iranian Embassy in 1980, has died in Greece, aged 60-somthing.

The SAS commander whp led the 1980 raid against the Iranian embassy John McAleese has died

edit: must remember to look before I post.sorry!

The SAS commander whp led the 1980 raid against the Iranian embassy John McAleese has died

It would seem that death has already been reported...in the post directly above yours.

Actress Peggy Lloyd has died at 98, ending the longest marriage in Hollywood history.She was married to actor Norman Lloyd for 75 years

Theatre of the Absurd playwright and major influence on Peter Cook, Jonathan Miller and all those other 60s smart-asses, NF Simpson has died at 92.

Former Smash Hits and Q Magazine writer Tom Hibbert.

:o Oh that is a shame. I used to love his "Who The Hell" column in Q Magazine. I've probably led a very sheltered life, but I don't think I've ever laughed as much at an article, as I did when I read his interview/stitch up of Jerry Lee Lewis. RIP Tom.

A much, much better writer than David Quantick IMO.

That's a bit of a shock, although he did disappear off the radar. I remember him as being quite waspish, pulled no punches.

Not been a great year for journos, has it?

:o Oh that is a shame. I used to love his "Who The Hell" column in Q Magazine. I've probably led a very sheltered life, but I don't think I've ever laughed as much at an article, as I did when I read his interview/stitch up of Jerry Lee Lewis. RIP Tom.

That is a real shame, though I can't imagine his massive alcoholism helped much with diabetes.

One of the true greats of the David Hepworth Smash Hits/Q stable. RIP.

The first man to fly at over 1000 MPH Peter Twiss has died aged 90

A unique hit for the Rattly Old Puffins. Roger, wilco and out.

Formerly one of New Zealands top businessmen at the centre of a major fraud investigation Allan Hubbard has been killed in a car crash

Formerly one of New Zealands top businessmen at the centre of a major fraud investigation Allan Hubbard has been killed in a car crash

Nice to see you resurrected Jean...

You should probably read the articles properly before posting.

This bit amused me:

Hubbard helped Funnell set up a rescue helicopter service, which now has six helicopters in operation.

"These helicopters have saved many lives, particularly those who have been in motor vehicle accidents," said Funnell.

"Unfortunately, in this case, the outcome was not what we'd hoped."

No shit, Sherlock

Major Bruce Kinloch, more timeless British spunk heading for the crematorium!

The Telegraph's obit desk should enter the DDP next year and just use this long-list of Britspunk they seemingly have saved to their desktop.

the first female ambassador from the arab world Lalla Aisha has died. I've no idea how many female ambassadors there have been since so she m ight have been the only one

Guest Guest
the first female ambassador from the arab world Lalla Aisha has died. I've no idea how many female ambassadors there have been since so she m ight have been the only one

No shit Sherlock!!