mattyl149

The Dead Of 2011

Paul Gallant, inventor of the 3D jigsaw puzzle, has (pun about jigsaw puzzles) aged 67.

For him the jig is up?

Paul Gallant, inventor of the 3D jigsaw puzzle, has (pun about jigsaw puzzles) aged 67.
For him the jig is up?

Let's hope he rests in pieces.

regards,

Hein

For him the jig is up?

Let's hope he rests in pieces.

regards,

Hein

I heard his family are in bits :lol:

Eleanor Mondale's brain cancer has returned. She had operations to remove tumours in 2005 and 2008.

It looks like Eleanor Mondale has beaten her cancer.. at least for now.

Eleanor Mondale's brain cancer is back yet again. Her prospects look pretty bleak really.

She's dead.

And talking of Democratic Party senators' 51-year-old daughters who worked in the media, so is Ted Kennedy's eldest, Kara.

Eleanor Mondale's brain cancer has returned. She had operations to remove tumours in 2005 and 2008.

It looks like Eleanor Mondale has beaten her cancer.. at least for now.

Eleanor Mondale's brain cancer is back yet again. Her prospects look pretty bleak really.

She's dead.

And talking of Democratic Party senators' 51-year-old daughters who worked in the media, so is Ted Kennedy's eldest, Kara.

Finally my first hit of the year. I'm on a roll now. Watch out losers, I've got this in the bag.......

Rosie Kilburn has died

Queue four DDP teams repeatedly entering her name into Google News and clicking "search" over and over again.

...till their thumbs bleed! :lol:

Sorry, no more than three people doing that. I think it's just sad that such a wonderful young lady has lost a battle with a nasty illness. I take my hat off to her about how she coped and faced up to the really bad news and made the best of a bad hand she had been dealt. Well done Rosie.

Kurt Sanderling

The celebrated conductor has died 2 days before his 99th birthday. Had him on my DDP list last year or the year before. Typical!

Guest BeatnikBandit

Phyllis Diller - comedian - 94, Don Rickles - comedian - 85, William Schallert - actor - 89, Willie Mays - baseball player - 80, Y.A. Tittle - Amercan football player - 84, Phil Woods - saxophonist - 79, Sonny Rollins - saxophonist - 81, Stan Freberg - recording artist - 85, Pete Fountain - clarinetist - 81, Eydie Gorme - singer - 83, Joyce Brothers - television personality - 83, Shelley Berman - comedian - 86.

what's the deal with this list? :champagne:

Red Rum trainer Ginger McCain has died age 80.

A unique hit for the Turf+Toast theme team.

Oh! I didn't think I'd put him in .... oh well, that's a bit of comfort to go with the sad news. RIP Ginger.

Oh! I didn't think I'd put him in .... oh well, that's a bit of comfort to go with the sad news. RIP Ginger.

I thought I had put him in, which would have given me my first hit, but I've checked and he was my first sub. :champagne:

German conductor Kurt Sanderling has died just before his 99th birthday.

A unique hit for Pool Ghoul...

Could probably do with a thread for jockeys and trainers, being as Michael Jarvis has just died. He trained winners of the 1,000 Guineas and the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes, but is best remembered (by me, anyway) for the awesome Anak Pekan, who kept me in beer money during university.

Peter Wright

The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police at the time of the Hillsborough disaster and the 1984 miners' strike has died aged 82.

Peter Wright

The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police at the time of the Hillsborough disaster and the 1984 miners' strike has died aged 82.

It'd be kind of fitting if the pearly gates were partially opened and he was badly crushed filtering in!

Actor Jonathan Cecil has died.

Sad news. Met him a couple of times when he was performing in 'Elling' and he was a nice chap.

Bit of a late mention. Bob Hop's widow Dolores died at 102. Mind you, Bob also passed the century mark before he died.

Guest Guest
Bit of a late mention. Bob Hop's widow Dolores died at 102. Mind you, Bob also passed the century mark before he died.

You're 4 days late because there's a whole thread about it here !

Former Loyalist paramilitary Gusty Spence has died aged 78...

A unique hit for Their Troubles will (hopefully) Soon Be Over.

Arch West, the man credited with creating Doritos, has cashed in his chips, aged 97.

Movingly, the family

plans on "tossing Doritos chips in before they put the dirt over the urn."