The Unknown Man

Ideas And Possibilities For 2012

BBC 4 show on regional television last night trawled a few of the living dead who were once local legends. Derek Batey looked wider and very red from his time in the Florida sun but still fairly chipper for a man born in 1928. A more interesting case was Mike Neville, his usual professional self but showing his age. The link here includes a story about how his failing kidneys did for his regular career and almost cost him a leg five years ago. Neville's national fame via Nationwide makes him a cert for national obit coverage. He's 75 in October.

Anyone remember a character on Neighbours called Mrs Mangel? Well the actress who played the part, Vivean Gray, is 87 years old today .Happy birthday to her,but will it be her last?

Is she ill? Hospitalised? Got an incurable disease?

If being very old counts as an incurable disease?

It's a small world... Her daughter used to cut my mum's hair...!

She's originally from Cleethorpes and moved back to England not long after she left Neighbours, and to the best of my knowledge has done nothing of note since. Surely can't be living off Neighbours royalties, more than 20 years after she left??

Her passing would likely generate a fair amount of UK media coverage, as she was a prominent character (particularly one people 'loved to hate') during the show's 'golden' years in the late 80s, when it would regularly attract audiences the same size as EastEnders and Corrie.

Checked on the Rosy Kilburn blog this evening. Sad, but have got to say that she is closing in on the final stages.

http://theknockoneffect.wordpress.com/

These last ten posts on the site are quite grim in tone but she is still fighting it - wish her well.

Have just been getting my daily fix of accidentally watched a bit of ITV's This Morning. Kenny Richey, the Scot recently released from death row, was discussing his suicidal feelings while in prison. Fair enough, but he also told Phillip and Fern the two presenters, whoever they are, that he felt more suicidal now that he was free than he did while inside. Which is curious, imho. He said that what stopped him was the thought that he would hurt his family. With his father apparently soon to be gone from cancer, could Kenny be an outside chance for next year? I don't really think so, but you never know...

Kenny Richey, who has a serious heart condition to contend with as well as his suicidal impulses, has been dabbling in cocaine and leading a generally unhealthy lifestyle since his release.

Apart from his suicidal impulses, heart problems and drug abuse issues, Kenny now has another problem to contend with - mouth cancer.

I bet he wished he stayed inside now!

Kenny Richey has entered a rehabilitation facility, having been told he will be dead within three years if he doesn't stop drinking.

Chris Evans - who lost his dad to bowel cancer - has had a bloke up his arse removing growths. All seems fairly positive in terms of outcome, but one to watch long-term.

Chris Evans - who lost his dad to bowel cancer - has had a bloke up his arse removing growths. All seems fairly positive in terms of outcome, but one to watch long-term.

During his Virgin/TFI heyday didn't he always have a whole host of people up there?

Bam Margera in hospital again.

Surely its when, not if?

I haven't got a link, but I'm reliably informed that the wildlife filmmaker David Cobham is suffering from bowel cancer. I'm not really sure how famous he is, but he did direct and produce "Tarka the Otter", so that'll probably get him an obituary. I don't know if anyone else remembers the children's TV programme "Woof!", but he directed that as well.

I haven't got a link, but I'm reliably informed that the wildlife filmmaker David Cobham is suffering from bowel cancer. I'm not really sure how famous he is, but he did direct and produce "Tarka the Otter", so that'll probably get him an obituary. I don't know if anyone else remembers the children's TV programme "Woof!", but he directed that as well.

I'm sure the Telegraph will oblige...

We've got a chance to study form where Doris Day and Jimmy Young are concerned. Ms Day is promoting her first album in 17 years and sounded very healthy on Radio Four this morning. 90 year old Jimmy is presenting a retrospective show on Radio Two soon, looking back at his career.

It isn't often that a Native American Indian gets to feature on this these pages, but the activist and actor Russell Means may well get a UK obituary before very long, following his recent diagnosis of esophageal cancer.

392423075_2b07ce0acf.jpg

Definitely one to watch. i'm sticking him in my DDP for next year. :P

It isn't often that a Native American Indian gets to feature on this these pages, but the activist and actor Russell Means may well get a UK obituary before very long, following his recent diagnosis of esophageal cancer.

392423075_2b07ce0acf.jpg

Definitely one to watch. i'm sticking him in my DDP for next year. :P

When DDT notices a possibility for next year, they barely last a month :puke:

Just a thought: in tonight's trawl through the web I ran across former President of the Federal Republic of Germany Richard von Weizsäcker. A short search about his health turned up nothing, so he's probably fit as a fiddle, but at 91 he's getting on a bit. Obitwise he's good as gold.

regards,

Hein

Meanwhile auditions for next year's list get underway. I'd like to know the name of that paraglider.

And I'm seriously thinking of

for my 2012 DDP list. Why does he bother wearing a crash helmet?

Hmmm

There are some superb excuses linking frail health to inability to face justice. Lots of people are fit to run a country and unfit to explain their decisions almost as soon as they are deposed. Chirac may join an ignoble breed of sentence dodgers that includes Ernest Saunders, prevended by the early signs of Alzheimers from fully facing retribution for his part in the mismanagement of the Guinness companyand, quite possibly, the only man to have recovered from Alzheimers!

Hmmm

There are some superb excuses linking frail health to inability to face justice. Lots of people are fit to run a country and unfit to explain their decisions almost as soon as they are deposed. Chirac may join an ignoble breed of sentence dodgers that includes Ernest Saunders, prevended by the early signs of Alzheimers from fully facing retribution for his part in the mismanagement of the Guinness companyand, quite possibly, the only man to have recovered from Alzheimers!

Are you notaguest in disguise? :o:D

We can only hope 2012 is a lot more productive than this year has been.

We can only hope 2012 is a lot more productive than this year has been.

In terms of deaths I'd say 2011 has been pretty productive, just not many people who happened to be on the DL

Ah, come the autumn, come the predictable "we f***ed' up" posts. There's more than a quarter of the dying year left, and several low hangers are drooping with the over-ripened fruit. It ain't over til' it's over, or summat.