football_fan

Things To Do While Waiting For Death

Pluck a tyre off a 13-ft (4m) croc's head.

image.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Goat Yoga anyone?

Go see what the postman has brought you today.

Perhaps this thread should temporarily be renamed, Things To Be Doing Whilst in Self Isolation!

PARKOUR!!!!!!

• Like 1

If anyone wants to spend hours on Ocado trying to get a food order, then go on before 1pm as the site seems to give a notice about being in maintenence. It's how I got a slot for tomorrow morning at 8am. I then spent 5+ hours trying to edit the order due to the site crashing.

However my parents now owe me £120.

Yes I did do this at work when nothing was going on in the hospital outpatients.

So just a random question. Who hates online shopping? I always feel really angsty getting something online as I like to check the item directly before I buy. Like I know whatever food I order will probably be maybe the smallest one in the batch or maybe whatever I'm given wont have a good sell-by date. Plus I just have an overall uneasy feeling when it comes to paying for something and getting it 3 days later.

Cant wait to go out shopping again without risking killing mum.

Yeah, I ordered some tomato grow bags a few days ago on click-and-collect, and still haven't had the email to tell me they're ready to be picked up, even though they were in stock.  But the garden centre reopened yesterday!  So I could have just gone there and bought them already. 

I daresay they were too busy getting ready to open to the public to bother about orders.  Not a big deal as I don't need them urgently, but I've paid for them and am being kept waiting.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Toast said:

Yeah, I ordered some tomato grow bags a few days ago on click-and-collect, and still haven't had the email to tell me they're ready to be picked up, even though they were in stock.  But the garden centre reopened yesterday!  So I could have just gone there and bought them already. 

I daresay they were too busy getting ready to open to the public to bother about orders.  Not a big deal as I don't need them urgently, but I've paid for them and am being kept waiting.

B&Q?

3 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

B&Q?

No, local garden centre. But they rang this afternoon and I've collected them now.

I did (reluctantly) order some compost from B&Q a few weeks back and several days went by without them contacting me, despite the promise that it would be ready next day.  In the meantime I was delighted to discover that a local family business had compost available, so I cancelled anyway and went there.  It's a small nursery that is also a  greengrocer and florist, and only the food shop was open.  However the compost is kept in the car park, so they were still selling it.  It was infinitely better stuff than the crap sold by B&Q, as expected.  :)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

So just a random question. Who hates online shopping? I always feel really angsty getting something online as I like to check the item directly before I buy. Like I know whatever food I order will probably be maybe the smallest one in the batch or maybe whatever I'm given wont have a good sell-by date. Plus I just have an overall uneasy feeling when it comes to paying for something and getting it 3 days later.

Cant wait to go out shopping again without risking killing mum.

I used Tesco home delivery a couple of times a few years ago when I had an arm in a sling post-op,  but not since. The only problems I had were my own fault for not reading product descriptions properly (barbecue sauce on pizza? :puke:)

Since the lockdown began I'm getting all my beer home-delivered. I may never go out again!

• Haha 3

Idea if you want to feel suicidal. Go shopping in Primark in UK on 15th June.

25 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Idea if you want to feel suicidal. Go shopping in Primark in UK on 15th June.

Don't you mean in England? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Eat a kebab. I've always said I'd rather be terminally ill or dead before I try one.

Having said that, I'm not knocking anyone who does like them.

I'm probably going to get beaned upside the head with a bat with 40 rusty nails.  :huh::ghost:

a typical kebab has about 2000 calories that's your daily allowance in one meal 

Barbecue sauce on pizza and kebabs are the fucking tits man, there is something wrong with you lot.

53 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Barbecue sauce on pizza and kebabs are the fucking tits man, there is something wrong with you lot.

There’s a positive correlation between how ‘the tits’ they are and how high one’s blood-alcohol content is.

So for the most part, couldn’t fucking agree more

• Like 1

As a matter of interest doe anyone here ever pray for anyone to die ? Celebrities I mean. If so do you pray to God or the devil ?

9 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

As a matter of interest doe anyone here ever pray for anyone to die ? Celebrities I mean. If so do you pray to God or the devil ?

I don’t pray, but I’ll laugh my cock off when someone finally puts a hole between Trump’s eyes.