You are right RA. One of the following must be dropped and replaced immediately:

Ronnie Biggs, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Oscar Niemeyer, Kirk Douglas, Yitzhak Shamir, Kim Jong-il, Olivia De Havilland, Betty Ford, Denis Healey, John Edich, Ray Bradbury, Margaret Thatcher, Jake Lamotta, Frank Thornton, Jack Klugman, Jerry Lewis, Anna Wing, Chapman Pincher, Eli Wallach, Nelson Mandela, Dom Mintoff, Al Molinaro, Erich Priebke, Herbert Lom, Ariel Sharon, Clive Dunn.

My advice would be to drop Eli Wallach, and replace him with Christopher Hitchens...

With you Windy - Wallach out Hitchens in.

But Wallach can't now count till the top brass make the change on this site. (sort of sacroficial lamb in limbo) (but the DL Central Commitee are at liberty to make a different choice prior to any death.)

Likewise since we have noticed this and put this subrutine rule in process Wallach (or indead Hitchens) now can't count as a hit even if he/they does/do die before any actual change is made to the site.

My advice would be to drop Eli Wallach, and replace him with Christopher Hitchens...

That is exactly what I would do!!! Well said!

Now we have three votes...

Wallach out Hitchens in.

It's got to be.

Quick, if you want an input...

I will root out two further relevant unwritten rules:

Rule 62e (exclusion of an invalid listed team nominee)

States..

In such a situation, the DL Central Committee should only exclude those people being discussed at any time during this process. To validate any change other than those being discussed (currently 3 votes for Wallach out, one indication each for the following Anna Wing, Chapman Pincher, Al Molinaro, Erich Priebke & Herbert Lom) any other choice than these will be frowned upon by the membership and returned for appeal if so desired.

Rule 62f (promotion of a replacement deathlist team nominee - whilst during a year)

States...

(also considering relevant discussion on any comment thread about who was missed off in error)

The DL Central Committee shall only have the range of choice to bring in a person who has already been discussed in relevant threads about who should have been on this years list.

Currently listing in this thread...

post number 3 - Bert Trautman saying Hitchens

post number 5 - Bert Trautman saying Frank Buckles

post number 9 - The Miser saying Hitchens, Penny Marshall & Hosni Mubarak

post number 10 - TMIB saying Hitchens

post number 11 - msc saying Hitchens

post number 14 - Professor saying Seve (was on the 2009 list and is valid)

post number 18 - heaven can wait saying Dick Clark

post number 20 - Lewd Squirrel saying "oh yeah Dick Clark"

post number 22 - Windsor saying Hitchens

post number 25 - The Miser saying Hitchens

post number 26 - Rotten Ali saying Hitchens

any other choice than these will be frowned upon by the membership and returned for appeal if so desired.

To this point...

7 votes Christopher Hitchens

2 votes Dick Clark

1 vote Frank Buckles

1 vote Penny Marshall

1 vote Hosni Mubarak

1 vote Seve Ballesteros

PS

Other notables in other threads include Chuck Berry & Betty White.

position 39 Erich Priebke - it could be you 15 posts

I'm revoking the option of kicking out Erich Priebke.

On two counts.

1/ nasty man and we really should not mind if he dies.

2/ noticed that he has gained a vote on the "who is the first candidate to die thread"

Please can I call for a few members to cross check?

I've checked it through for a 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th time and I'm sure it reads 26 carry overs - will it still be 26 in the morning?

Adding Chuck Berry wouldn't be fair, because his ill-symptons became know to the public just after the new year began. If you replace someone, replace him/her with someone who was ill (or frail) before the year started. The committee would be cheating even more if they chose Berry as replacement.

Adding Chuck Berry wouldn't be fair, because his ill-symptons became know to the public just after the new year began. If you replace someone, replace him/her with someone who was ill (or frail) before the year started. The committee would be cheating in more imo if they close Berry as replacement.

You know what, I agree.

So we now have a double take on that too.

Maybe we have to ask that the DL Central Commitee only draw on previous DL names - like those available from the 2009 list for starters.

I haven't seen such a mess since

, or so much clucking since Chicken Licken told Henny Penny the sky was falling. Fetch Goosey Loosey immediately.

Godot - this can be fixed.

The 2009 list has 6 tried and tested names available - but the number one position from it is always going to be Patrick Moore.

in a moment of clarity, I just got it.

If the committee decides to play this list, they should only be alowed to carry over 24 names to the 2012 list!

I am still most in favor of letting them play with 49 names, because adding a name while the year has already started feels wrong.

With the greatest of respect, having highlighted the problem there is not much more you can do.

I'm sure the DL Committee have a list of rejected names for 2011 which they will now look at.

I was merely stating that Hitchens would be a rather good replacement for Wallach. Lets not over complicate things. :o

Morally to me it looks better to bring in Patrick Moore but then you can still trawl the old lists with impunity in my book - 'cus who's to say "oh we were looking at Hitchens but we only just passed him over".

2009 list has 6 available names -

628 posts - Patrick Moore

81 posts - Mickey Rooney

58 posts - Seve Ballesteros

29 posts - Cristopher Lee

24 posts - Vaclay Havel

11 posts - Joao Havelange

2008 list has 4 available names -

77 posts - Basil D'Oliveira

47 posts - Russell Watson

36 posts - Hamed Karzai

12 posts - Charles Taylor

2007 list has 6 available names -

81 posts - Ruby Muhammad

64 posts - Tim Johnson

64 posts - Rowdy Roddy Pipper

48 posts - Louise Farrakhan

43 posts - Abe Vidoda

38 posts - Gore Vidal

2006 list has 2 available names -

42 posts - Alfredo Di Stefano

152 posts - Muhammad Ali

2005 list has 2 available names -

272 posts - Diego Maradona

55 posts - Peter O'Sullevan

2004 list has 2 available names -

27 posts - Pervez Musharraf

58 posts - Cliff Michelmore

2003 list has no available names -

2002 list has 2 available names -

Osama Bin Laden

Kenneth Kendall

2001 list has 2 available names -

Desmond Tutu

Liza Minnelli

2000 list has 1 available name -

General Jaruzelski

1999 list has 2 available names -

Nick Leeson

Carley Simon

1998 list has no available names -

1997 list has no available names -

1996 list has 4 available names -

Larry Hagman

John Demjanjuk

Mr T

Jeremy Thorpe

1995 list has 3 available names -

Holly Johnson

Bruce Forsyth

Sean Connery

1994 list has 2 available names -

Edmund White

Peter Shilton

1993 list has 4 available names -

Ian Paisley

Tony Bennett

Ray Kennedy

George Lineker

1992 list has 2 available names -

Tom Finney

Shaun Ryder

1991 list has 2 available names -

Norman Willis

Leo Beenhakker

1990 list has 6 available names -

Mike Ditka

Manuel Noriega

Charles Aznevour

Rex Williams

Oprah Winfrey

Terry Waite

1989 list has 4 available names -

Ozzy Osbourne

David Jenkins

George Cole

Brian Wilson

Frank Bruno

1988 list has no available names since it has been lost -

1987 list has 2 available names -

Jimmy Saville

Andrea deCesaris

I make that 59 names to chose from.

This is a list of people who we think will die in the next 12 months.

This isn't a game for morals.

Christopher Hitchens. :o

My goodness.

Or, as Captain of Industry once said er..er..er..

*cough*Christopher Hitchens*cough*

May I Point out If we had the ability to replace people on the first pick we could have replaced Lansbury with Curtis, Tork with Dio, Bough with Higgins, and Wallach with Kevin KcCarthy but off course that was not anybody list but the Mods and There were only 24 listed the previous year, But my point is If we could replace somone we would not fear any dissapointments like last year or 2007

In Acordence with Windsors post I have emboldened the Ones I agree with that should be replaced and For the rest I have an explanation of why they should stay

Ronnie Biggs, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Oscar Niemeyer, Kirk Douglas, Yitzhak Shamir, Kim Jong-il, Olivia De Havilland, Betty Ford, Denis Healey, John Edich, Ray Bradbury, Margaret Thatcher, Jake Lamotta, Frank Thornton, Jack Klugman, Jerry Lewis, Anna Wing, Chapman Pincher, Eli Wallach, Nelson Mandela, Dom Mintoff, Al Molinaro, Erich Priebke, Herbert Lom, Ariel Sharon, Clive Dunn.

Ronnie Biggs- You may never know

Zsa Zsa Gabor-She keeps bouncing back yes, but how many lives dose this woman have left?

Niemeyar-103 years old need I say more

Dennis Healy-Theres been quite a few UK politiations Biting the Dust as of Late (Michael Foot, Cryil Smith)

John Edrich-Terminaly Ill for over a decade

Bradbury-With his Age and Weight?

Thatcher-Self Explanitory

Mandela-While not exacly in bad health he would be a very bad One to Miss!

Pribke-Horrible man that we all wish would die, I cant belive such an evil person can live to 97!

Clive Dunn-I know no known health problems but hes a Deathlist staple hes like the Ken Barlow or Dot Cotten or the Deathlist Theres no way we can take him off

Now Douglas and Shamir because of there age I think they should stay on as should Lewis.

Its amazing how with 26 you could still have space to put the likes of Wallach, Pincher and Ford when you Leave of Megrahi, Graham, Garner and Castro

But What If it turned out One of them actualy Died in Late December and the Family have just not yet annouced it yet Offcourse there have been Instances of that in the past though nobody on the list as I recall

But my point is If they could Replace Sombody They would not worry about Dissapointing End of Year Scores offcourse we can have a rule that you know how Rotten Dead Pool you can replace sombody within 30 days of your regestration mabey we can have a similar rule here

Also I Think the reason we had one to many Carry-Overs Is becasue we had such a bad performance from last year If we Had Kept Stenbrenner and Beefhart and Added people like Alex Higgins, Tony Curtis, Kevin MCKarthy, Dio, Lena Horne, Cornin Redgrave, or even Gary Coleman we would not be disscussing this atall

in a moment of clarity, I just got it.

If the committee decides to play this list, they should only be alowed to carry over 24 names to the 2012 list!

I am still most in favor of letting them play with 49 names, because adding a name while the year has already started feels wrong.

I would go further than that - if a self imposed rule is broken in this way, then the penalty really should be the loss of two carry overs into the 2012 list.

By the way I have expanded the study into who could be seen as an effective replacement in the number 37 post above.

:) CHRISTOPHHHHHHERRRRRRRRR HITTTTCHENSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

:huh: CHRISTOPHHHHHHERRRRRRRRR HITTTTCHENSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Hitchens was discussed during the selection meeting (at some length) and simply did not make the 50. End of.

:P CHRISTOPHHHHHHERRRRRRRRR HITTTTCHENSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Hitchens was discussed during the selection meeting (at some length) and simply did not make the 50. End of.

And now you and your committee have the chance to reconsider that decision. :huh:

Official DeathList Committee statement re. "26 Carry Overs":

It has come to the Committee's attention that there has been some confusion regarding the fine print of the unwritten rules of DeathList.

At first inspection, it appears that the normal limit of 25 candidates from the 2010 list has been exceeded. However, a little known rule has been discovered, which, in the event that a surviving number 1 pick from the previous year is dropped, an additional candidate can be carried over, thus, on this occasion allowing 26 to appear from the 2010 list.

We are sure this clarification will come as a big relief to all DeathList followers and will no doubt reassure them of the ongoing competence of the Committee.

Happy New Year

DLC

It has come to the Committee's attention that there has been some confusion regarding the fine print of the unwritten rules of DeathList.

At first inspection, it appears that the normal limit of 25 candidates from the 2010 list has been exceeded. However, a little known rule has been discovered, which, in the event that a surviving number 1 pick from the previous year is dropped, an additional candidate can be carried over, thus, on this occasion allowing 26 to appear from the 2010 list.

We are sure this clarification will come as a big relief to all DeathList followers and will no doubt reassure them of the ongoing competence of the Committee.

Happy New Year

DLC

I should hope that rule is listed in Rotten Ali's copy of the deathlist rulebook. :huh:

Unless, ofcourse, it is only in the more recently published rulebooks.

Happy New Year

DLC

How very convenient...

:huh:

Happy New Year

DLC

Ha ha, the Leeroy Jenkins gambit, works every time.

DL Central Committee have been notified of this error. I expect an Official Response soon.

And:

Happy New Year

DLC

I put my copy of the Unwritten Rules in a safe place several years ago and I completely forgot about that rule. I apologise to DLCC for calling this situation an error. To make amends I offer to donate two weeks Admin's pay to charity.

I'm glad it's sorted now.

regards,

Hein