Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Inverse Dead Pool

**snip**

Then you get into a rule of thumb situation. Would a team with a greater perceived disadvantage of more than 10% be able to win this competition? I guess not, and that puts any of the top nine teams (more than 43,170pts) odds on to win even at this stage.

Another rule of thumb could be the winner will definatly come from a team in the top 3 quarters or most likely from a team in the top 25%.

I ask again - do you have a life?

**snip**

Then you get into a rule of thumb situation. Would a team with a greater perceived disadvantage of more than 10% be able to win this competition? I guess not, and that puts any of the top nine teams (more than 43,170pts) odds on to win even at this stage.

Another rule of thumb could be the winner will definatly come from a team in the top 3 quarters or most likely from a team in the top 25%.

Yeah that may have been a bit much. But a short evaluation of my DDP team would be.. awesome... :eshock:

No - almost a silly question - of course I don't have a life!

That's why I was still looking at those figures and asking why a few of them did not add up. So I looked at it all again and found some silly errors. That perceived risk leader board should read thus:

61,966 Spade Cooley

61,298 Bert Trautman

58,799 Time

58,535 LG

58,122 Captain Chorizo

57,797 msc

57,216 Maryport

57,033 DDT

55,577 Garn2

54,658 CarolAnn

54,458 HCW

52,769 Toast

51,371 Madame Defarge

50,727 EST.1993

49,804 Six

49,673 RA

49,628 Mr3374

Yeah that may have been a bit much. But a short evaluation of my DDP team would be.. awesome... :eshock:
80% Vasily Aleksanyan - good pick, but he has been on the edge for too long.

50% Dick Cheney - looking like this year or next.

25% Michael Douglas - lots of us have put a lot of faith in MD, but he looks to be on the mend.

60% Douglas Engelbart - old and Altzhiemers takes it's toll over a few years.

60% Michele Ferrero - never heard of him as a usual pick - is he ill?

75% Aretha Franklin - see MD but without so much of the positive spin.

80% Dennis Frederiksen - you on that band wagon too.

99% Zsa Zsa Gabor - no leg to stand on.

50% Helen Gurley Brown - old, but is she ill?

25% Kristin Hallenga - I think she is doing well - but you never can tell, she may die next month or live to 100.

50% Derryn Hinch - doing better but not out of the woods.

90% Christopher Hitchens - curtains this year.

45% Whitney Houston - still going for it, risking it all.

50% Arte Johnson - Very interesting, but... not very funny.

40% Kim Jong-il - is ill but...still hanging on.

Charlie Louvin - WELL DONE

65% Hosni Mubarak - good choice - not well, and now he looks to have to put down an uprising.

85% Eunice Sanborn - too old for me.

95% Marcia Strassman - pick of your bunch so far - looks well called.

66% Laura Ziskin - fair call but that BC was some time ago.

That line of subs can be edited off.

With luck I think you could be looking at about 7/8/9 hits up there - upto 15 if they all swing your way - the main issue being you have a few too many old ones - they just don't bring in enough bacon.

Good list.

Well, the first of the 51 has gone, and it's one of the four nobody picked. Peace out Eunice Sanborn, you were "the first person to build a concrete swimming pool in Cherokee County".

**snip**

He clearly doesn't. He takes the death list and its related stats to their most obsessive degree. Sad really...

I've shifted beer with Ali and perused his statistical research. I can vouch for the fact he has a sense of humour, and a life. It happens that the skills of probablility and forecasting that make for good deadpooling have also been part of RA's money-earning life. But then a few others have gravitated herabouts because their work involves dealing with death, professional writing, comedy and the like, and we tend not to have a load off at them.

**snip**

He clearly doesn't. He takes the death list and its related stats to their most obsessive degree. Sad really...

Sad is the last thing RA is. He's a charming, funny and most likeable chap. There is something most appealing about someone showing a real passion and enthusiasm for their chosen subject - just because it's statistics and number crunching rather than arm wrestling or shark fishing matters not. Keep up the good work RA!

Sad is the last thing RA is. He's a charming, funny and most likeable chap. There is something most appealing about someone showing a real passion and enthusiasm for their chosen subject - just because it's statistics and number crunching rather than arm wrestling or shark fishing matters not. Keep up the good work RA!

Thanks.

:banghead: WE HAVE POINTS ON THE BOARD :glare:

9 teams avoided Ms Taylor, so they stay on 0. EST.1993 will presumably be urinating over the "International Velvet" section at his local Blockbuster as we speak.

1= Life, Oh Life [via Des'Ree] (Spade_Cooley) 0 points

1= Might Come to Maryport in 2012 (maryportfuncity) 0 points

1= heaven can wait 0 points

1= BertTrautman 0 points

1= Mr. 3374 0 points

1= STAB_in-the_DARK (Rotten Ali) 0 points

1= Garn2 0 points

1= 25 To Stay Alive (Toast) 0 points

1= time 0 points

10. CarolAnn -6 points

11. Captain Chorizo -8 points

12. Lady Grendel -11 points

13. DevonDeathTrip -13 points

14. msc -16 points

15. No Rest for the Wicked (Madame Defarge) -20 points

16. Six -23 points

17. EST.1993 -24 points

This is extremely typical. Not only is she not on any of my deadpools, but she ranked high in this. Sods law.

Oh shoot.

I still have nothing. NOTHING, I TELL YOU.

NOTHING!

NOTHING!

Me neither. Are we winning?

NOTHING!

Me neither. Are we winning?

Yes we are!

1= time 0 points

Digger Choules' death has no impact on the scores, but what with Ballesteros being on death watch we could have a big shake up in the standings by the end of today.

Aye, Seve is sitting in sixth on my team. Not looking good!

And again, from the top...

Oh shoot.

:skill2:

Well that put the cat among the pigeons (birdies?). Seve's tumor pulled a mulligan on him last night and that means that only two IDPers are still 100% clean, Rotten Ali and Garn2 proving that DeathList maxim that if you put your faith in Clive Dunn not dying, you should be OK. DDT and Madame Defarge are the only other two players on minus 20 or more. Congratulations to Time, Bert Tratumann and Mr. 3374 for picking Seve as the man most likely to make it through the year, as well. EST 1993 is still bottom of the table, but, hey, there's all to play for.

1= Garn2 0 points

3. DevonDeathTrip -19 points

4. No Rest for the Wicked (Madame Defarge) -20 points

5. Might Come to Maryport in 2012 (maryportfuncity) -21 points

6. Life, Oh Life [via Des'Ree] (Spade_Cooley) -22 points

7= heaven can wait -23 points

7= 25 To Stay Alive (Toast) -23 points

9. Six -24 points

10= BertTrautman -25 points

10= Mr. 3374 -25 points

10= time -25 points

13. CarolAnn -27 points

14. Captain Chorizo -29 points

15. Lady Grendel -33 points

16. msc -39 points

17. EST.1993 -40 points

Well that put the cat among the pigeons (birdies?). Seve's tumor pulled a mulligan on him last night and that means that only two IDPers are still 100% clean, Rotten Ali and Garn2 proving that DeathList maxim that if you put your faith in Clive Dunn not dying, you should be OK. DDT and Madame Defarge are the only other two players under minus 20. Congratulations to Time, Bert Tratumann and Mr. 3374 for pick Seve as the man most likely to make it through the year, as well. EST 1993 is still bottom of the table, but, hey, there's all to play for.

1= Garn2 0 points

3. DevonDeathTrip -19 points

4. No Rest for the Wicked (Madame Defarge) -20 points

5. Might Come to Maryport in 2012 (maryportfuncity) -21 points

6. Life, Oh Life [via Des'Ree] (Spade_Cooley) -22 points

7= heaven can wait -23 points

7= 25 To Stay Alive (Toast) -23 points

9. Six -24 points

10= BertTrautman -25 points

10= Mr. 3374 -25 points

10= time -25 points

13. CarolAnn -27 points

14. Captain Chorizo -29 points

15. Lady Grendel -33 points

16. msc -39 points

17. EST.1993 -40 points

That'll teach me for starting it off in alphabetical order! Still, 25 under, thats a pretty good score for Seve...

BTW, I think you mean DDT and Madame Defarge are the only other two players OVER minus 20 (Even though Madame Defarge isn't).

BTW, I think you mean DDT and Madame Defarge are the only other two players OVER minus 20 (Even though Madame Defarge isn't).

Yeah, in fairness that post of mine is a grammatical bomb site. I'll rewrite it when I'm less hungover.

Bloody hell, I'm not very good at this. Apologies to fans of Danny Baker and Gazza at the current going jinx rate.

You know what's a good film? "Murder by Death". Feel free to construct your own pun based on that for today's passing of Mr Peter Falk. And before I go, just one more thing: this now means there is a definitive leader in the inverse dead pool as Ali's spreadsheet has come a cropper meaning that Garn2 is now the only player with no deaths to his name so far this year. DDT and Madame DeFarge both gave Falk a top 5 berth, meaning they both fall down the table impressively. Defarge and 3374 battle it out for the wooden spoon at the moment, although just one point separates the bottom 5.

1. Garn2 0 points

2. STAB_in-the_DARK (Rotten Ali) -2 points

3. Might Come to Maryport in 2012 (maryportfuncity) -21 points

4. 25 To Stay Alive (Toast) -23 points

5. BertTrautman -25 points

5= time -25 points

7. Life, Oh Life [via Des'Ree] (Spade_Cooley) -26 points

8. CarolAnn -27 points

9. Captain Chorizo -29 points

10. Lady Grendel -33 points

11. heaven can wait -37 points

12= DevonDeathTrip -40 points