Spade_Cooley

Bollywood Stars

I swear to God they are actually driving Dilip Kumar's corpse around in a car and pretending he's alive.

59c2b1b139176_ScreenShot2017-09-20at19_20_18.thumb.png.55c14127d330c4eb1e363d004a366218.png

• Like 7

If he makes Jan 1.  Dilip Kumar is the Sophie's Choice for DDP players. Almost certain to die,but likely only 5 points as his being propped up and barely alive isn't that known/he is not big enough  name for drop 40.

On 9/20/2017 at 16:25, CaptainChorizo said:

If he makes Jan 1.  Dilip Kumar is the Sophie's Choice for DDP players. Almost certain to die,but likely only 5 points as his being propped up and barely alive isn't that known/he is not big enough  name for drop 40.

Well, I think he can make it to the drop 40, actually. It's only September, so enough forum mentions in the last 3 months could push him to be in the drop 40. It's not like Mario Soares, where we only knew of his illness in the last ten days in the year or so...

If he is still breathing on 1st Jan he will be on my main DDP tem.I say that as I fully expect him to die this year .Poor man looks like a corpse.

• Like 1

Well, the Drop 40 needs new old blood...

• Like 1

Interesting that there's been a lack of updates the last couple of days.

Shakila, actress in 50s and 60s Bollywood films, dead at 82 of a heart attack.

7 hours ago, RishCast said:

Got a Mail obit, too.

I was more likely to pick him than the other Bollywood stars that were in the news, and now he's dead and obitting...

New picture of Dilip Kumar, celebrating the New Islamic Year. Looks a lot better.

PS: I've heard some wonderful things in this forum in the past but "Dilip Kumar isn't big/famous enough" certainly trumps everything!

He's without a doubt bigger than at least half the picks on this year's Deathlist. Umm Sandy Whatshisnameagain anyone?

DKVD_hsXkAEfXgv.jpg

His arms still look nothing more than bones, though - my guess, either this year or next, unless something significant changes.

51 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

New picture of Dilip Kumar, celebrating the New Islamic Year. Looks a lot better.

PS: I've heard some wonderful things in this forum in the past but "Dilip Kumar isn't big/famous enough" certainly trumps everything!

He's without a doubt bigger than at least half the picks on this year's Deathlist. Umm Sandy Whatshisnameagain anyone?

DKVD_hsXkAEfXgv.jpg

I have heard the Deathlist 50 is about clickbait names,  I don't see why a Bollywood Icon wouldn't be good for the list as he would bring a lot of new  International users to the forum. If it makes it to Jan 1 he should be on the list 100% .  That's a different prospect then is he unknown to many US and UK based posters.

• Thanks 1

I do not think that the Deathlist names are purely clickbait. I mean how many times does Perez de Cueller appear in the Daily Mail sidebar of shame?

• Haha 2

On 14/08/2011 at 07:44, VSBfromH said:

Shammi Kapoor

The Bollywood actor and director, sometimes called "the Elvis Presley of India", has died aged 79. He belonged to the Kapoor acting dynasty. Of 3 famous brothers (himself, Raj and Shashi) only Shahshi now survives.

Shashi Kapoor, Bollywood actor and last remaining of the Kapoor brothers, has died aged 79.

Edit: The Guardian, The Independent, The TelegraphBBC obituaries.

15 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

The Kapoors are Kaput.

Eh. Technically no, because they turned acting into the family business, and at least a couple members from each of the next 2 generations are still alive and acting.