Spade_Cooley

Bollywood Stars

27 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Date of death is unclear for Kader Khan.  Article says Tuesday morning but Wikipedia currently indicating it to be December 31st, 2018.

Edit:  Wikipedia now listing it as January 1st, 2019.

Might have to be changed, the son has confirmed he died 6pm Canadian Time on 31 December: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/veteran-actor-writer-kader-khan-dies-at-81/articleshow/67332658.cms

Pretty good source of the info, I'd say.

Edit: If I calculate that correctly and he died in Toronto, that's still 11pm on 31 December GMT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Might have to be changed, the son has confirmed he died 6pm Canadian Time on 31 December: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/veteran-actor-writer-kader-khan-dies-at-81/articleshow/67332658.cms

Pretty good source of the info, I'd say.

Wikipedia has also flip flopped back to listing his date of death as December 31st, 2018.

He was literally less than an hour away from dying in 2019 GMT

On 04/07/2018 at 13:15, CastAway said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/actress-sonali-bendre-behl-diagnosed-with-high-grade-cancer/articleshow/64852796.cms

Sonali Bendre - major actress in the 1990s - has been diagnosed 'high-grade cancer that has metastasised'

Bendre returns to the set after treatment.

Boy I’m not sure what others read but she was barely a blip on the screen of my DDP consideration, and was quickly dismissed.  It’s interesting that she is on so many teams, or was a late cut.  Glad I didn’t interpret anything that was posted around here the way some did.  I guess plenty of time to be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

SC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Boy I’m not sure what others read but she was barely a blip on the screen of my DDP consideration, and was quickly dismissed.  It’s interesting that she is on so many teams, or was a late cut.  Glad I didn’t interpret anything that was posted around here the way some did.  I guess plenty of time to be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

SC

She was at a lit fest I was at like a week ago, and seemed perfectly healthy, talking about her cancer treatment and her book about having cancer. Also managed to not look tired after like an hour's worth of book signing on top of an hour of talking about cancer and her book, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

New picture of Dilip Kumar. Looks better than usual.

• Like 3

On 03/02/2019 at 12:11, Sir Creep said:

SC

She was originally given a 30% chance of survival diagnosis:

https://www.hindustantimes.com/bollywood/sonali-bendre-reveals-her-doctor-said-she-she-had-only-30-chances-of-survival/story-ayYPTwjH6JHAIjfWh15GwK.html

8 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Yes, I read that some days ago. Doctors said she was "much better" and "out of danger", whilw her daughter simply said she wasn't well. Now you know who was right. Coincidentally Indian composer Khayyam was in a nearby hospital with lung infection, and his wife Jagjit Kaur, a noted singer, was hospitalized too (she is expected to be discharged by Monday). Though Khayyam was said to be "on the road to recovery" it seems it has now taken a turn for the worse; mind, he has been in a semicomatose state for weeks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Question to the group: Do you want to rename this group as "Bollywood" or "Bollywood Possibilities" so that we can talk about film producers, directors, lyricists, etc. as well? Or do you want this to just be limited to Bollywood actors and actresses?

On 15/08/2019 at 19:48, drol said:

Yes, I read that some days ago. Doctors said she was "much better" and "out of danger", whilw her daughter simply said she wasn't well. Now you know who was right. Coincidentally Indian composer Khayyam was in a nearby hospital with lung infection, and his wife Jagjit Kaur, a noted singer, was hospitalized too (she is expected to be discharged by Monday). Though Khayyam was said to be "on the road to recovery" it seems it has now taken a turn for the worse; mind, he has been in a semicomatose state for weeks.

Khayyam now dead.

• Sad 1

Definitely should be seriously considered going forward by deadpoolers. Lata is the Joan Fontaine  of her sister rivalry with Asha Bhosle and will be the one to die first.

On 11/11/2019 at 09:08, markb4 said:

better than for non-breathing issues.

• Like 1

Undisputed King of Immortals Dilip Kumar turns 97 today! :birthday:

Little update: guests not allowed to see him because they could bring infections, he can't speak but "communicates", has been suffering from a degenerative illness for 12 years and is now relying on a 24/7 team of doctors and homeopathy. Still he lives. 

https://www.thequint.com/amp/story/entertainment%2Fcelebrities%2Fdilip-kumar-97th-birthday-saira-banu-interview

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, drol said:

Undisputed King of Immortals Dilip Kumar turns 97 today! :birthday:

Little update: guests not allowed to see him because they could bring infections, he can't speak but "communicates", has been suffering from a degenerative illness for 12 years and is now relying on a 24/7 team of doctors and homeopathy. Still he lives. 

https://www.thequint.com/amp/story/entertainment%2Fcelebrities%2Fdilip-kumar-97th-birthday-saira-banu-interview

Yeah, just yesterday he (?????) tweeted his best wishes after Lata Mangeshkar left hospital. Groan....

Dilip Kumar's agent confirmed on Twitter the Dilip is fine... you never know.