Spade_Cooley

Bollywood Stars

On 26/04/2021 at 14:18, arghton said:

https://www.indiaeinfo.com/bollywoods-old-alive-actors-who-crossed-70/

Stumbled upon this list of 70+ bollywood stars. I'll list the 85+ ones here:

Prem Chopra (b. 1935) Chopra was often in villain roles.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/prem-chopra-and-wife-uma-to-be-discharged-today-exclusive/articleshow/88685686.cms

Prem Chopra hospitalised with covid, gets monoclonal antibody cocktail treatment. Going to be discharged "in a day or two"

• Shocked 1

On 04/01/2022 at 20:13, arghton said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/bollywood/news/prem-chopra-and-wife-uma-to-be-discharged-today-exclusive/articleshow/88685686.cms

Prem Chopra hospitalised with covid, gets monoclonal antibody cocktail treatment. Going to be discharged "in a day or two"

Discharged

From your original post Kamini Kaushal was in bad health this summer, probably even unable to speak.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, arghton said:

She has been overdue for years, but being likely vaccinated this won't be her time.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, arghton said:

And none of the Indian outlets report she is vaccinated and usually that's the first thing they say...:sherlock:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, arghton said:

Lata Mangeshkar on the mend.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, arghton said:

Lata Mangeshkar's health deteriorating, "will take some more time for her to show signs of recovery"

Fake news according to her family.

• Like 2

It reminds me of the Vicente Fernandez situation...I think it's more serious than family want us to believe 

Maharashtra health minister confirms she is improving, the most used Indian word.

10 minutes ago, drol said:

Maharashtra health minister confirms she is improving, the most used Indian word.

Is it common in India for Government officials to be giving celebrity health updates?

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Is it common in India for Government officials to be giving celebrity health updates?

Take this from an Indian from Maharashtra - Mangeshkar is more than a celebrity in India. She's known as the Nightingale of India for good reason - she started her career around Indian independence and sung for every major movie for a good 4+ decades. She's literally been the playlist of several generations of people. 

Additionally, she's also sung major religious and nationalistic songs over the years which have had a major impact on the country. There's maybe three/four "mainstream" celebs whose health demands this amount of attention in the country - Tendulkar, Amitabh Bacchan, Mangeshkar, and Rajnikanth. Bacchan and Rajnikanth's deaths will almost certainly cause the country to shutdown, and I won't be surprised if that will happen for Tendulkar and Mangeshkar as well, but they'll definitely cause Maharashtra to shut down (both are from and live in the state)

EDIT: Easiest comparison to a former deathlister is Gord Downie. When Downie died, Canada shut down. When Mangeshkar dies, so will India (her death will be less tragic, of course, given her age, but it won't change the impact I don't think)

• Like 2

On 26/04/2021 at 13:18, arghton said:

Ramesh Deo (b. 1926? 1929?) Again, Indian sources and imdb say he's younger. Out of the ones born in 1920s, will he be the last? Looked amazing in 2020. 

Ramesh Deo dead at 93.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I wonder who will be the last one living from the 1920s bollywood faces from that list. As Gulzar seems to have been born in 1934, three remain...

Kamini Kaushal is probably bedridden and Lata Mangeshkar is currently in ICU.

Is Mumtaz Begum even alive?

32 minutes ago, arghton said:

I wonder who will be the last one living from the 1920s bollywood faces from that list. As Gulzar seems to have been born in 1934, three remain...

Kamini Kaushal is probably bedridden and Lata Mangeshkar is currently in ICU.

She definitely was in 2009 because she granted an interview. Best place to find your answer is via a photo and/or post search on Facebook under both English and Urdu/Hindi? names.

• Like 1

On 26/04/2021 at 14:18, arghton said:

Ravi Tandon (b. 1935) Director, in a good shape apparently.

Ravi Tandon dead at 86:

https://www.amarujala.com/entertainment/bollywood/raveena-tandon-s-father-and-director-ravi-tandon-passed-away

Third from that list to die this month.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bollywood singer and composer, Bappi Lahiri, has passed away at the age of 69.

(For some reason, the link won't paste.)

• Like 1

On 02/02/2022 at 08:28, arghton said:

@arghton Her daughter is veteran Bollywood actress Waheeda Rehman (Wiki) she is 84 (born 1938), and her mother 98

As far as I know they are the only actresses, mother and daughter (both in old age) who are still alive. So it means, she gave her birth at 15, that's terrible!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

@arghton Her daughter is veteran Bollywood actress Waheeda Rehman (Wiki) she is 84 (born 1938), and her mother 98

As far as I know they are the only actresses, mother and daughter (both in old age) who are still alive. So it means, she gave her birth at 15, that's terrible!

Evidence that the mother is still alive?

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Evidence that the mother is still alive?

So far I have no evidence but it is being discussed everywhere that the oldest of Bollywood actress is Mumtaz Begum, then there is no news of her death. she was alive in 2009. A veteran actress with her daughter also a veteran actress could not die off the radar in my opinion. India announces deaths of unknown actors with 2 3 movies credit. Moreover her daughter, has not expressed any news that she has died.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if Waheeda Rehman's mother is the actress, Mumtaz Begum. I can't find any supporting evidence to suggest that. I think her mother just happens to have the same name.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markb4 said:

I'm not sure if Waheeda Rehman's mother is the actress, Mumtaz Begum. I can't find any supporting evidence to suggest that. I think her mother just happens to have the same name.

@markb4 So, you think that is another Mumtaz Begum. Yes you are right,  Waheeda bio on IMDd says that her mother passed away in 1955. It not Mumtaz actress. Google lied us again, what a disappointment. someone needs to edit their Knowledge Panel

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

@markb4 So, you think that is another Mumtaz Begum. Yes you are right,  Waheeda bio on IMDd says that her mother passed away in 1955. It not Mumtaz actress. Google lied us again, what a disappointment. someone needs to edit their Knowledge Panel

That “knowledge panel” is bot generated.

I’m not sure why Google introduced it. It’s often wrong.

• Like 1