Davey Jones' Locker

Celebrity Chefs

Loud-mouth American wanker Anthony Bourdain compares Paul Bocuse to Muhammed Ali:

I guess Paul Bocuse and Muhammed Ali have one more thing in common now...

On 20/1/2018 at 21:46, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Loud-mouth American wanker Anthony Bourdain compares Paul Bocuse to Muhammed Ali:

He and Ali had Parkinson's in common too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Some great pictures from Bocuse's funeral:

paul-bocuse.jpg?w=1180

I see everybody came straight from work.

• Like 2

I assume the crackling could do with a smidge of paprika and serve him up later at the wake with a bouquet garni broth, garnished with feta and rocket...

• Like 1

I'd forgotten about Zena Skinner, haven't heard of her in years and would have assumed she was long dead.

A Chicago-area chef who once appeared on the Food Network and dubbed himself the “architect of flavor” died Saturday of an apparent heart attack, according to the owners of the restaurant where he worked.

“It is with great sadness that we inform you of the sudden passing of our friend & colleague, Chef Judson Todd Allen, culinary lead of Taste 222,” according to a tweet from Taste 222. “We’ll never forget his passion for food in creating our menu and highlighting the flavors & spices he loved.”
SC

(edit: One of my very good friends who just so happens to live in Chi-Town and just so happens to splurge on fine cuisine around the globe and at home and just so happens to DP said 'I've never heard of him or his restaurant'.  LOL)

Edit: Don't look - nothing happening

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Edit: Don't look - nothing happening

Looking...

I have a vague recollection that he commented on someone else's suicide recently

11 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

I have a vague recollection that he commented on someone else's suicide recently

Probably Kate Spade's 

Remember him from The Taste in the UK. RIP.

Really shocking. His show entertained me at 11pm on Sundays when nobody else's did, so I'm grateful for that.

The time he visited Scotchland he went stalking with AA Gill.

Short videos in link.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/bourdain-scotland-travel-journal/index.html

Like his take on Glasgow

I have had my ass kicked in many lands, but it was particularly tough in Glasgow. This should not, in retrospect, have been a surprise. Glasgow is famously a tough town. Notorious for its hard drinking, hard living, hard ass citizenry -- and its uniquely merciless sense of humor. I fell in love with Glasgow immediately on my first visit. I was barely off the train and within minutes was called a "cunt".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Is he the chap who wrote a book, I forget the name of it,  about traveling to various bits of the UK and trying the food, as an American post-911? iirc the chapter in that book on Glasgow is spent entirely in a pub.

3 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Not only that but he was not shy about speaking of death on occassion.  This doesn’t shock me in the least, sad to say.  Enjoyed his work, he led a charmed life and hopefully afterlife.

SC

• Like 1

On 21/01/2018 at 06:46, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Bourdain joins their club...

Update: I didn't know a huge amount about Bourdain except that I couldn't stand the guy - typical loudmouth, egotistical over-opinionated Yank - his shows are on TV here constantly. Anyway, it turn out he had had a drug habit he had allegedly kicked and that he had been shagging Asia Argento since his second wife, a mixed martial artist, left him (I suppose you could say she gave him the chop):

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/interrogation/2017/10/anthony_bourdain_on_weinstein_john_besh_and_meathead_restaurant_culture.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6481303/anthony-bourdain-dead-asia-argento-girlfriend-devastated/

anthony bourdain  pass away apparent sucide they seek help hot line prevention 1800-273-8255 suicide no jokes people take lives ever year he was american chef and tv personality he even wrote a book he was author leaves a daughter and his family behind so sad he was adventures and traveler storytelling he went to parts of known on cnn he had travel channel and food network he became american chef he did part of known he visits countries taste the food and cultured he will be miss ok

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ramon said:

anthony bourdain  pass away apparent sucide they seek help hot line prevention 1800-273-8255 suicide no jokes people take lives ever year he was american chef and tv personality he even wrote a book he was author leaves a daughter and his family behind so sad he was adventures and traveler storytelling he went to parts of known on cnn he had travel channel and food network he became american chef he did part of known he visits countries taste the food and cultured he will be miss ok

Was this comment written using a speech to text generator?

• Haha 1

rumours it was an "orange in the mouth, belt on the doorhandle, hand on willy" type of death

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

rumours it was an "orange in the mouth, belt on the doorhandle, hand on willy" type of death

So more of a cock-up than a suicide?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1