Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

On 14.5.2017 at 23:03, GossipGabe said:

Anyways, on an actual deadpool-related note, what do you guys think of Salvador Sobral's chances of becoming a hit in the next few years?

http://www.dw.com/en/salvador-sobral-of-portugal-wins-2017-eurovision-song-contest/a-38831947

Normally, heart transplant recipients have a 5-10% death rate, which is not high enough for a "normal" DDP candidate, but he could at least fit into some theme teams and could be a lucrative gambit given his age.

In intensive care, waiting for a donor heart:

http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/leute/esc-sieger-salvador-sobral-auf-intensivstation-warten-auf-spenderherz-a-1169865.html (german link)

3 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Oh thanks, I definitely had a feeling that he might become an interesting DP-candidate pretty soon, although now it seems like he might not even make the start line.

Btw. here's almost the same shit in English for those of you that don't like google translated german articles:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/eurovision-2017s-winner-salvador-sobral-in-intensive-care-as-he-awaits-heart-transplant-6954013/

Joy Fleming, a singer who represented Germany at the 1975 Eurovision Song Contest placing 17th out of 19 countries, has died aged 72. Additionally, she attempted to represent Germany twice more by taking part in the Countdown Grand Prix, which is Germany's national song selection competition, in 2001 and 2002.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Joy Fleming, a singer who represented Germany at the 1975 Eurovision Contest placing 17th out of 19 countries, has died aged 72.

RIP, Joy.

This song deserved a higher position than 17/19.

On 25/9/2017 at 20:50, gcreptile said:

Sobral's condition improved and he is now out of intensive care and may receive a temporary artificial heart.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, drol said:

Sobral's condition improved and he is now out of intensive care and may receive a temporary artificial heart.

They can rebuild him!

7 hours ago, drol said:

That link leads to an Italian obituary (Roberto Anzolin, champion and cup winner goalkeeper of Juventus between 1961 and 1970, dead at 79 / I didn't even need google translate for this – finally I can put my 6 years of worthless latin studies to good use) that has nothing to do with Salvador Sobral.

I guess an artificial heart can work as a short term solution, but I'd like to know more about the details.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

That link leads to an Italian obituary (Roberto Anzolin, champion and cup winner goalkeeper of Juventus between 1961 and 1970, dead at 79 / I didn't even need google translate for this – finally I can put my 6 years of worthless latin studies to good use) that has nothing to do with Salvador Sobral.

I guess an artificial heart can work as a short term solution, but I'd like to know more about the details.

Oh, Sorry. Here is the right link.

• Thanks 1

On this, the 100th anniversary of the death of Mata Hari, allow me to present the LAST PLACE song of Eurovision 1976, as performed by Anne Karine Strom of Norway, presently age 66, so a solid decade-plus away from ever being mentioned in this thread again.
SC

• Like 3

Matti Puurtinen has died at 68. He composed Finland's 1989 Eurovision entry placing 7th and 1993 entry placing 17th.

How long does it usually take for a patient to start rejecting a transplanted organ and then death? Obviously I hope all goes well for Salvador and he goes on to live many happy years longer but we are in December...

Salvador Sobral is intensive care following acute kidney failure. The doctor said there's nothing to worry about, he's gonna be just fine. He is his number one fan.

41 minutes ago, drol said:

Salvador Sobral is intensive care following acute kidney failure. The doctor said there's nothing to worry about, he's gonna be just fine. He is his number one fan.

I can see the doctor's nose grow long

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Aha, the Anna Holmlund pick come to test me, as predicted.

On 23/12/2017 at 11:23, drol said:

Sobral out of intensive care and expected to recover soon.

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Sobral out of intensive care and expected to recover soon.

Recovering ahead of new year, surprisingly sporting behavior.

I could put this in any number of threads but I'll stick it in here as Eurovision is probably what she's most famous for in the UK.

France Gall hospitalised with "severe infection".

Apparently she was admitted into hospital on 19 December and has been/is in intensive care. It may explain why she didn't attend Johnny Hallyday's funeral, as she was one of the main noticeable absentees.

I hope she gets better. She's one of my favourite singers and was my gateway into the wonderful world of French music and culture.  Courage, France.

7 hours ago, Vinegar Tits said:

I could put this in any number of threads but I'll stick it in here as Eurovision is probably what she's most famous for in the UK.

France Gall hospitalised with "severe infection".

Apparently she was admitted into hospital on 19 December and has been/is in intensive care. It may explain why she didn't attend Johnny Hallyday's funeral, as she was one of the main noticeable absentees.

I hope she gets better. She's one of my favourite singers and was my gateway into the wonderful world of French music and culture.  Courage, France.

Interesting! When I read that, Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son began to play in my head and I had to visit youtube and check out if it was playing in correct pitch in my head. Success! Does that mean that I have absolute pitch?

Or is everyone capable of doing that?

6 hours ago, bladan said:

Interesting! When I read that, Poupee de Cire, Poupee de Son began to play in my head and I had to visit youtube and check out if it was playing in correct pitch in my head. Success! Does that mean that I have absolute pitch?

Or is everyone capable of doing that?

For me it was Les Sucettes

That Serge Gainsbourg was a filthy git, wasn't he :lol:

Sad to hear that. She fought bravely for a long time against the disease and other family fatalities. R.I.P. Isabelle!

• Like 2