Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Was also an After Dark guest I see. A lot of people who appeared on that have died lately. I feel a list coming on... alas I can't be arsed. Someone else be a dear :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wish Channel 4 would actually release most of the After Darks online. Especially the one where Patricia Highsmith turns out to be a psychopath.

PS I was thinking on their Iplayer but any sod with a YouTube account will do, this isn't a Deathray/Corrie thing.

Poor old Rebecca Adlington.

She was sure she had heard it was Frankie..........

Sad news about Lys Assia, though she had looked increasingly frail in the last few years (which is fair enough as she was in her nineties). I hope there is a suitable tribute to her as first winner this year.

I wouldn't normally advocate a tribute section in Eurovision but she is a special case, as was Udo Jurgens when his death coincided with Austria hosting.

Oh, R.I.P.

At least a hit for my theme team, unfortunately not unique.

Lill-Babs, who represented Sweden in 1961, dead at 80. Perhaps more interestingly, she later went on to have a pre-fame Abba as her backing band:

Lill-Babs and some other musicians

250px-The_Beatles_and_Lill-Babs_1963.jpg

• Like 2

Can't provide link here because I am on a clunky phone but Deutsche Welle reports Conchita Wurst has announced he/she is HIV positive. Silly sausage!

On 15/03/2018 at 05:05, YoungWillz said:

Big Six:

Germany: plaintive well performed song - great message. Is it just a little too derivative with the music though? It's like I've heard it before...but the best of the big boys imo....

France: Left me cold. I understand the cleverness, but just over smugged itself.

Italy: Very now about war, terrorism, and very understandable Italy would pop something up like this now. Has its time passed after Ukraine a couple of years ago? Liked it but not enough to vote for it.

Spain: Sweet love song performed by a duo. How do those pianos keep playing when they get up though? Only kidding. Almost too sugary, but nice.

United Kingdom: repetitive sing a long chorus and it really doesn't mean an awful lot. I've a bad feeling after seeing everything else that this is another fairly low ball.

Portugal: well, they've gone down the same route as last year. Throaty young thing with pink hair sings softly. Actually strong on its own but there's better in the competition.

And that's it. Depends how quirky and different Eurovish goes this year. Haven't decided where my tenners are going in the betting shop.....

Germany have gone full Ed Sheeran on this.

Considering they normally struggle might be a wise move. Nothing really leapt out at me.

Israel will win this at a canter unless there's some BDS/Turkish diaspora block vote against them.

Also, research today revealed that one of the 2012 Russian Eurovision Grannies is no longer baking bread. Elizaveta Zarbatova died in 2014.

• Like 1

Spanish journalist and long time commentator of Eurovision Song Contest José María Íñigo has died aged 75.

Right, that's a tenner on Czech Republic to win and a further tenner on them to finish top 4.

Probably jinxed it but....

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Right, that's a tenner on Czech Republic to win and a further tenner on them to finish top 4.

Probably jinxed it but....

How to say it... he's definitely in my top 4.

But returning to music, the bookies now favour Cyprus. One of the mass-produced songs with "ooh ooh ooh" chorus. Israel is losing ground (the song, not the country).

Aye, Israel sounds shite.

My love of Vikings means this might get a tenner

The Swedish entry is terrible this year. Do not vote!

37 minutes ago, Predictor said:

The Swedish entry is terrible this year. Do not vote!

I have a theory. Eurovision is evil! For example Eurovision in 1974, the  Swedish entry costumes - so tasteless. I can understand why Born Vulvaless has lost his memory of that

Last time I watched Eurovision was in 1975

A man interrupted the UK's performance and stole SuRie's mic. The song's a load of pish but fair play to her, she kept going strong.

Potential sympathy votes?

Edit: nope

• Haha 1

What the holy fuck is this? 

• Like 2

On 04/05/2018 at 14:51, Spade_Cooley said:

Israel will win this at a canter unless there's some BDS/Turkish diaspora block vote against them.

Called it. Mmmmapokkapokkammmpokkapokkammm

I just barfed up my midnight snack. Horrible, just horrible. Unless of course Israel`s entry was an attempt at satire.......