Vinegar Tits

Curse Of The Eurovision

3 minutes ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Awful results :sick: The jury trying to rig the competition in favor of Sweden every single year is getting old.

I agree. Sweden absolutely did not deserve so many points, what a rubbish performance. There wasn't a lot of talent as a whole to choose from.

Deviating from the pack slightly...

Cyprus, Austria and Czechia brought nothing new to the competition. Don't get me wrong, I like pop music, but how do you choose a winner from such bland songs?

"You don't", is the answer. Israel was the biggest WTF performance of the night but it was the only one to get a laugh out of the maw, so it's a winner in my eyes. I like that politics were less of an issue and the winner was chosen on the ridiculousness of their performance.

The question is: will the laughing stop when Jerusalem hosts? Not a place known for treating the LGBT community (or Arabs or Africans or women or really anyone who doesn't conform to their ideals) with compassion.

• Like 1

Quim's opinion: République Tchèque, douze points!

Looking forward to seeing how well Israel promotes diversity for Eurovision...

Well, I'm home. I have to say what professional jurors give Sweden (1981 throwback) and Israel (Chicken Song gone wrong) so many points?

Anyhow, both tenners went awry, but Czech Republic came fourth in the public vote, if there had been a little more love for it, it would have cracked that top 4.

I am glad Germany did so well, I thought they would, but two ballads in a row was a push to win.

Much closer in the end than I thought it would be.

Until 2019.....

2 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

I agree. Sweden absolutely did not deserve so many points, what a rubbish performance. There wasn't a lot of talent as a whole to choose from.

Deviating from the pack slightly...

Cyprus, Austria and Czechia brought nothing new to the competition. Don't get me wrong, I like pop music, but how do you choose a winner from such bland songs?

"You don't", is the answer. Israel was the biggest WTF performance of the night but it was the only one to get a laugh out of the maw, so it's a winner in my eyes. I like that politics were less of an issue and the winner was chosen on the ridiculousness of their performance.

The question is: will the laughing stop when Jerusalem hosts? Not a place known for treating the LGBT community (or Arabs or Africans or women or really anyone who doesn't conform to their ideals) with compassion.

With all ur respect, as a gay man, i think that u choose the wrong word : lgbt "community" doesn't need compassion because we're proud of who we are, we just need equality. 

Love and peace from Paris ! Xoxo

It's very interesting to look at the breakdown of juror votes and the televotes, which are available on the Eurovision website. Also featured are the names and professions of each country's jurors - under what circumstances does 'Blogger and Model' qualify you to judge music?

Some Scandinavian countries have moved away from political voting, such as Sweden. Others still enjoy giving the big points to their neighbours, such as Norway. Most of those dodgy Eastern countries like Armenia and Azerbaijan are still completely rigging the system. 

I'm really glad Israel won, I preferred them to Cyprus. I liked Sweden and Norway as well, whilst I don't think Austria was worthy of their finishing position. I think France was massively underscored, it was in my opinion one of the best and had a poignant message. Czech Republic deserved to do better. Moldova was camp and kitsch and everything Eurovision ought to be. 

Looking forward to Israel 2019.

• Like 2

tbh I was hoping that Italy were in first place in the public vote with something like 350 points just to piss all over the jury vote. That, and with them not being at the World Cup, my bi-annual "root for Italy because Scotland aren't there" genes feel a bit deprived.

That guy who ran on the stage probably tripled the UK's public vote, thus saving us from bottom spot. Typical that we finally sent a Eurovision style dirge the year everyones suddenly enjoying kitsch again!

7 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Quim's opinion: République Tchèque, douze points!

Looking forward to seeing how well Israel promotes diversity for Eurovision...

A far right jewish Supremacist ethnostate which treats africans and non-jews a second class citizens wins who said eurovision was liberally biased? If Italy became one under salvini Something tells me they wouldn't even be allowed to compete let alone win. I guess some types of fascism is more equal than others.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

A far right jewish Supremacist ethnostate which treats africans and non-jews a second class citizens wins who said eurovision was liberally biased?

Yep, that’s the point. They very much seem to be anti-everything that Eurovision stands for. There’ll be a stage invasion every time an LGBT+, non-Jew or non-white person graces the stage, and they’ll by comparison make SuRie’s “nazi press” stage protester look like a right friendly chap.

We're sending Jeremy Corbyn next year. Cover version of Brotherhood of Man.

Israel's winning entrant 20 years ago was a trans woman. Parts of the country (especially Tel Aviv) are a lot more LGBT-friendly than you might think.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Doornail said:

Israel's winning entrant 20 years ago was a trans woman. Parts of the country (especially Tel Aviv) are a lot more LGBT-friendly than you might think.

There's a big difference between attitudes in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, that's why Trump's decision to move the US Embassy was significant.

10 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

With all ur respect, as a gay man, i think that u choose the wrong word : lgbt "community" doesn't need compassion because we're proud of who we are, we just need equality. 

Love and peace from Paris ! Xoxo

Sadly being proud isn't enough to ensure your safety. In most parts of the world LGBT people are still at risk of being harmed and Jerusalem falls foul of what should be deemed acceptable.

I do think, however, that next year's contest will be something different in a good way, much like Baku 2012. Baku is only a stutter away from Bakubakuhoombakubakuhoomhoombakubakubakuhoompahoompahoomhoomhai.

• Like 2

On 13/05/2018 at 14:27, Clorox Bleachman said:

There's a big difference between attitudes in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, that's why Trump's decision to move the US Embassy was significant.

Sadly being proud isn't enough to ensure your safety. In most parts of the world LGBT people are still at risk of being harmed and Jerusalem falls foul of what should be deemed acceptable.

I do think, however, that next year's contest will be something different in a good way, much like Baku 2012. Baku is only a stutter away from Bakubakuhoombakubakuhoomhoombakubakubakuhoompahoompahoomhoomhai.

You're true. This is a sad but relevant observation. I wish I could live in a world full of love and hope where skin color, religion or sexual orientation were not a cause of discrimination...

• Like 1

Beaten to it by Uschi:

Chansons Pour Ceux Qui S'Aiment:

• Thanks 1

Eurovision related personalities this year have been decimated by the Reaper like the Burmese soldiers by Rambo in his fourth movie.

1 minute ago, bladan said:

Sad news! We need electric cars ASAP

2000 volts?

That had a use somewhere, if only I could remember.

Eurovision backing singer and actress Hanna-Riikka Siitonen has died aged 47 of cancer.

On 07/07/2018 at 12:20, bladan said:

Sad news! We need electric cars ASAP

Really?

E cyclists deaths in Holland are through the roof.

Idiots with e cars will be even worse.

Can't hear them coming, yummy mummy's on school run who are too ignorant to let their weans walk, *boom*.

Might not be a bad thing tbf.